Chapter 9

After we all had finished eating, Dean excused himself from the table because he needed to go home and watch his brothers. I waved goodbye to him and he blew a kiss at me. I knew he was playing around but I could see that Miranda might have been taking it a bit too seriously. "Maybe he might like you and then we could double date". Her voice sounded a bit desperate and I didn't know what to say. "Maybe. But I need to find the perfect one". I saw her sink a little in her chair after I had said this but her smile was kept plastered securely on her face.

The alarm on my phone rang loudly to tell me it was 5:00 and it took me a few seconds to turn it off. It was too late anyway, everyone was staring at me already. "I need to go. I have to finish reading. I have a timed schedule that I have to go by". Miranda smiled wider and nodded. "Me too. I need my beauty rest. How about you Ryan?" He took his gaze off the decor and focused on Miranda. He shrugged. "I guess". She didn't really seem satisfied with his answer but I was praying slightly that she wouldn't annoy him. She didn't. "Ryan could you call a taxi? My phone's almost dead." He smiled and shifted his gaze to me. "Alright". He smiled at Miranda and playfully blew a kiss. She blushed. 

After we got home, Miranda went straight to bed. She needed her beauty sleep. I guess I needed one of those. I didn't really feel like sleeping so I took down a random book from the shelf I had set up on the first day I had gotten here. It was The Giver.

Miranda was sleeping on her waterbed and I was sitting down on my bed when there was a knock at the door. I had to whisper so she wouldn't wake up. "Who is it?" 

"Ryan". 

My heart beat really quickly. Ryan? Now? Why? Is he expecting her to be awake? "Come in". There was a twist at the door and he stepped in. "Is she asleep?" I pointed in her direction. He nodded and waved me over. I followed him out of the door.

I closed my door slowly and quietly with a confused look on my face. My thoughts were all over the place. "Yes?" He looked at me. "Come here". He beckoned me over to his bedroom and stepped in. I slowly followed. After he had closed the door behind me, he finally relaxed. I took in his neat bedroom. I remembered the night I spent here with him. My eyes traced the zigzags on his carpet. "What do you want Ryan?" He looked at me and nervously smiled. "I can't sleep". I was suddenly annoyed with him. "And that's my problem because.." He was still staring at me. "Could you like wait in here until I sleep? You can read. I have so many books." I looked at him. His eyes were traced on the floor. Then I looked around. I didn't see any books. "Where are the books?" He smiled and pointed at a small closet hidden behind a small dresser. The door was small enough for only one person to fit through at a time.

Ryan walked over to it and moved aside the dresser. He then opened the closet and stepped in. I didn't want to stand there waiting awkwardly for him so I followed. You wouldn't even think such a big room existed in that closet. It was HUGE! There were bookshelves from floor to ceiling and books filling every nook and cranny. The room was taller than everyone's height in the house combined. They were organized by titles. "Do you have The Giver?" He pointed to a shelf labeled G. I walked over in my still shocked state. It took me a little while to find it but I did and I walked over to Ryan. "Deal". He laughed and walked me out of the closet. I ran over to his bed and jumped onto it. He stood there smiling. I moved over and pat the bed next to me. He jumped on it right beside me and pulled the covers over his head.

He was so cute. I pulled the covers off of his head to see his reaction and just to bother him. He pulled them back up. I pulled them back down. This went on for a couple of seconds before he turned on me. He started tickling me and I just couldn't pry his arms off me. He stopped when I ran out of breath and I was apologizing. I pretended to be tame and he closed his eyes. I reached over to return the favor and he grabbed my hand in midair. With his eyes closed! He looked at me. I pretended to be sad. His eyes softened and he let go. I jumped on him and started tickling him. His laugh was so contagious that I started to laugh to. The next thing I knew, he was on top of me laughing and panting. I was panting hard to. Then I looked up at him, still panting. He slowly stopped laughing and looked down at me. His eyes traced every feature on my face. He let out a nervous laugh but stayed exactly where he was with each hand planted on either side of me. My heart thumped loudly.

I hope you guys liked it. Please vote, comment, and recommend this book.