Chapter 7

Hannah's point of View

I know for sure she likes Ryan and I know he loves her back. What did he do to her?

I know she is the one for Ryan. I just need them to get together. Now how am I gonna pull that off? They belong together. I have to think of something. But Miranda. What shall I do about her?

*******

One thing I wasn't looking forward to was dinner. I usually had to sit with Ryan and I couldn't today. I just didn't want to. My hair was still in my neat ponytail and I had changed into turquoise pajama shorts and a black tank top. My eyes weren't swollen anymore so I didn't have to worry about the questions at the dinner table.

I arrived downstairs and saw that everyone was sitting at the table. Beside Ryan was an empty seat waiting to be filled. I saw him quickly stealing a glance at me before looking away. I walked towards the table and avoided being tripped by Micheal. Everyone but Ryan and Micheal smiled at me after I took my seat. Which meant that only the adults were smiling. Micheal was busy scrawling something on a napkin and Ryan was trying really hard to avoid my eyes.

No one was conversing at all. Hannah had took the job of serving the rice and chicken, and I felt a little bad because I didn't help. When I was starting to actually enjoy my food, Micheal secretly passed me a napkin. It had a message on it. "What did you do to my brother?" I didn't get it. I gave him a quizzical look and then defiantly ripped up the napkin and threw it in the trash, right while he was watching. He rolled his eyes and shrugged.

After the long and quiet dinner, I excused myself from the table so I could rest a little. Just as I had guessed, two minutes later, Ryan did the exact same thing. I was almost there until a hand grabbed my shoulder and gently pulled me back. "Kelly, wait". I turned around to face him. "What?" He looked down. I rolled my eyes. "About what happened earlier, I'm sor-". 

"Honestly Ryan, if you think I am stupid enough to fall for that again, you have underestimated me". He looked at me. I turned around, ready to run if he started talking again. His hand grabbed my shoulder again, harder. I was forced to turn around. "Ryan. You embarrassed me today. You thought I cheated and you read the letter out loud and-". He cut me off by putting a finger to my lips. " So your telling me you didn't cheat". I nodded. "That doesn't make sense. As I recall, you were ranked somewhere in the thirties or forties". I laughed. "First of all, I was number 35. Second of all, I'm a nervous test taker and the only reason I didn't get nervous on this one was because I wanted you to stop calling me names by proving to you that I'm not stupid". His head hung low. "So you did it because I was mean to you?" I nodded, not sure if he could see me or not.

"Why'd you do it Ryan? Why would you embarrass me?" He stared at me for a long time before answering and then let out a long sigh. "I'm the coolest guy in school. Hanging with someone who everyone thinks cheated on a rank test would deflate my cred". I shook my head slowly. "So your egotistical. Figures. You weren't supposed to find out about the letter you know." He looked at me as if I were a trophy and he was inspecting it. "I know. But I'm glad I did". I smiled a little. "I'm still mad at you so don't think we're friends". He smiled. "I never did".

That sent a chill down my body. What did he mean?

After the talk with Ryan, I ran into my bedroom and screamed. "Micheal! What are you doing here? I almost had a heart attack!!!" He looked up at me from my bed and laughed. "Why are you laughing? Get out of my room!!" He stood up as if he were actually going to leave and then laughed again.

"I'm laughing because you like Ryan but he doesn't like you". He let out a cold laugh. My heart dropped. "W-What do you mean?" He laughed and shoved me aside as he walked to the door. "You'll see. She will be here tomorrow. Ryan's girlfriend". He let out another cold laugh and walked out. I couldn't feel my heart beating anymore. My head started hurting. Did Ryan have a girlfriend? Was he cheating on her when he did those things to me?

Ryan's Point Of View

"Hello. Oh Hey Miranda. Yea that's cool. I can't wait to see you tomorrow. I can't believe your coming back. Its been three years. I'll see you then. Bye!" I turned off my phone and threw it on my bed. I ran my fingers through my hair. If Miranda was coming tomorrow, how would I explain this to Kelly?