Chapter 15

TOMORROW'S MY BIRTHDAY: AUGUST 1st!!!

Hey guys!!!! Okay, the bet is now over and I don't have to write 4,000 worded chapters anymore! Keyword 'have to'. I will try to still write them but I enjoy leaving you guys at a cliff hanger. I dedicate this chapter to one of my new favorite writers and one of my new best friends: @noodleknown. Her book Revamp is immensely incredible. It's one of my new favorite books. So I dedicate this chapter to her. The dress you see above is for Kelly's Zebra Party. Thanks for continuing to read my story Oblivious! I have entered my book for the Watty's and I hope it wins Wish me luck please. Thank you my 3f's= Family, Friends, and Fans! noodleknown

_______________________________________________________________________

When we were finally in there, Hannah threw us into two chairs.

"Explain!"

Her foot was tapping madly on the floor. She kinda scared me because just a second ago, she looked like Hannah, but now she looked like a brunette Medusa with no snakes. No offense.

"W-what do you mean Hannah? I didn't do anything".

Her gaze softened but she still looked mad.

"Why aren't you two talking? I was trying to deal with his for four months! Tell me NOW!" She scared me. I didn't want to tell her because I was trying so hard to forget it myself.

"Mom, why do you even care?"

Ryan's voice came out harsh but unsteady and I knew he was scared to. I wanted to scream and run away.

"I care because you two are perfect for each other. Miranda and Gabriel shouldn't be in the picture. You two are the perfect couple".

I laughed. It was hysterical. Was she delirious? I mean, she thinks Ryan is a good person? Probably because he's her son but I know how much of a jerk he really is.

"Hannah, I know you want to see a happily ever after but, Ryan and I were just not meant to be. He likes Miranda. Gabriel and I are dating. The fairy tale ending won't happen this time. I'm sorry."

Hannah looked like she wanted to slap me but she just walked out of the kitchen shaking her head. Ryan looked at me and walked out of the kitchen. I followed. 

My dad gave me until tomorrow to finish packing. In the time, he waited at the house in one of the other guest rooms. Hannah still wasn't speaking to me. After I had left the kitchen, I ran into my bedroom. I shook off everything that had just happened and jumped on to my bed and closed my eyes.

I wasn't sleeping. I was just imagining. I was standing on a cool beach and the sand was stuck between my toes. The water was lapping at my feet and the breeze carried all of my worries away. And then, after I had been calmed, I opened my eyes.

"Ahhh!!! What are you doing in my room!!"

"I came to help you pack up. My mom forced me up here".

"Oh, uh then, you can start by fixing my bed."

"Um, okay."

We started working in silence and after a while, it got hot and sweaty. My hair started to itch. I ran to the window and opened it wide. There was a breeze and I stood by the window and let it flow through my hair. I un-braided it and ran my fingers through my wavy hair. I turned back to my drawer and caught Ryan staring at me with amusement in his eyes.

"What? I was hot. That's all".

He started laughing and I felt my cheeks grow hot. It was the first time, in a long time, that he had laughed in front of me.