Chapter 23

It has been a week since the whole misunderstanding happened and Hillary and Vince had already rekindled their relationship. Laura and Angela were having so much fun with Dean and Drew, pranking everyone in a five mile radius. Laura and Dean and Angela and Drew had taken it to the next level of their relationships. I was so proud of all of them. All of my friends were having fun with each other.

Ryan and I were also getting closer. I practically lived in his apartment. I had fun messing with him by surprising him every time I went over to his house. He wanted to know how I always got in without him knowing but I kept it a secret. Well, after Ryan confessed about going through my bag, I secretly stole his keys and made two copies of each. Now, I could walk in on his crazy dances whenever I wanted.

School has been going really great also. According to the principal, we have weekly tests that rank us; just like highschool. Of course, Ryan was number one, but this time there was a twist. Ryan and I had been getting the same grades ever since I called him over to help Hillary. So, along with Ryan's name on number one, my name was printed. Our Easter break started yesterday, and Ryan, Hillary, Vince, and I were planning to go back home to celebrate. Hannah had already called Ryan to tell him that she was going to throw a party for Easter and the four of us were pumped. According to Ryan, Hannah threw amazing parties.

I turned my phone on and it beeped with three new messages from Ryan.

Ryan: Kelly! Are you ready?!!

Ryan: I'm coming over to literally pick you up!

Ryan: Fine! Don't answer! I'm coming over!!

I laughed and texted him back.

Kelly: I'm waiting "Prince Charming" ;)

Ryan: Very funny!!!

Ryan and I arrived at his house late in the afternoon. Hillary and Vince were already at Hillary's house. He had insisted on meeting her parents. Hannah opened the door and squeezed me so hard, I thought I was going to die. She then kissed Ryan on the forehead and pulled us in.

"Whoa! Hannah, slow down okay! I know you miss us but-" She clapped her free hand over my mouth and shushed me. She then continued to pull Ryan and I towards the living room. When we finally arrived at the destination, (the living room), Hannah pushed us both on the couch and smiled.

"Mom! What was that for?" Hannah started laughing. It was so contagious that Ryan and I began to laugh with her. "I'm sorry guys. I was so excited that I forgot what I was doing for a second. I miss you guys so much though!" Hannah jumped up and squealed. I'm telling you, she did not look a day over nineteen.

"So, Hannah. Where did you get these decorations?", I said, while admiring the pretty Easter decorations. "I made them, why?" My eyes literally bulged out of my head. I examined the exquisite designs or the plastic eggs. "You're lying! This is amazing!" She laughed. "I know. I'm kidding. Marcus bought them for me." I smiled and kept designing. This is going to be amazing.

"Oh, and Kelly. Your dad is coming back for the party. He said he has a surprise for you". I smiled but in my head, I was like 'woooohooo'! My dad was coming back! On top of that, he had a surprise for me! Could this break get any better?

Once we were finished, we stood back to admire our work. The house was transformed into a beautiful multi-colored ballroom. There were plastic eggs everywhere. The party tomorrow will be a total success. But.... What would I wear? Hannah probably had something cool in her closet.

I pulled Hannah away from everyone else. "Can I borrow a dress, please?" I pouted and she rolled her eyes. "Really?" I continued to pout and she smiled. "I was kidding. I was just mad that you asked me". She shooed me in the direction of her room. "Shoo! Go find something pretty". I giggled and ran up to her bedroom.