Chapter 17

Drew lead us to a crowded parking lot a block from where the party was being held. Hillary threw up three times before we finally got to the car. Miranda and I were holding her up while Drew complained to Ryan about her getting sick and if it was going to happen in his car.

"What if she throws up in my car? I just got it 2 months ago." Ryan just kept rolling his eyes. After 15 minutes of walking and cleaning up Hillary, we finally got to Drew's car. Miranda called shotgun so her and Drew were in the front while Ryan, Hillary, and I sat in the back. I let Hillary sit next to the window in case she felt like getting sick. That meant Ryan and I would have to sit close. Really close.

"Are you okay? I know you beat him up real good but I was wondering if he hurt you?" Ryan looked at me as if I were a prized possession. Seriously, this guy needs an award for the best actor of the century.

"I'm fine". I rolled my eyes at him and took my phone out.

"Sure.. Because the swelling arm looks okay". I could hear the strong sarcasm in his voice. Swelling arm? I self-consciously looked down at the hand I punched Wes with. It looked fine. It was only throbbing and I know no one but me would notice that. Then I heard Ryan start to laugh. Drew was too absorbed by the music in the car to notice and Miranda was watching a movie on netflix with her headphones on her ears.

"You're annoying me, so shut up." I turned on my phone and just started to look through the graduation pictures.

"Don't tell me your still mad at me". I looked at him with a smile.

"No, I'm not mad at you. I miss you ever so much Ryan. Please pretend to like me again and we can have babies and name our daughter Shithead."

"Shithead?" He looked confused. He didn't understand. It sounds like shi-th-ee-d.

"Yes. S.H.I.T.H.E.A.D". I spelled it out for him slowly so he could comprehend my words. When he finally realized that I had spelled shit head, he shut up. Just the way I liked it.

"Look. I know we had a rough week and everything bu-".

"But what Ryan? We should just be friends? I will make sure we never even talk after this ride with you."

"Seriously, I thought we were past this". I rolled my eyes.

"You were past it. It will haunt me everyday until I get past it".

"Look, I want you to know tha-". I looked outside the window.

"Look, this is where we leave. Thanks Drew. Bye guys!" I helped Hillary out of the car and walked up to the front door. Miranda followed behind while Ryan stayed in the car. I guess he really did move out.

"Let me help you hold her". She grabbed a hold of Hillary.

"Thanks. Um I wanted to ask... Do you know anything about Ryan moving?" She nodded, suddenly looking sad.

"I can't believe he left though. The way he talked to his mother was awful. He just moved near Scholarsdale College. We're both going there. It is the hardest school to get accepted to and you have to be really smart to be accepted."

"I know. Are you guys dating yet? I'm sorry to ask but I want to know." She smiled innocently.

"He won't admit it but I think we are".

I put Hillary down on my old bed after I had changed her into some of Hannah's pajamas. She was having a hard time sleeping and so I started to sing her a lullaby. After her eyes closed, I got up slowly but I stopped when I heard mumbling from her.