Chapter 11

I was sitting cross legged on my bed still reading Ryan's book. Miranda was still asleep next to me on her waterbed. Even though I had the exact same book in my bookshelf, I still kept Ryan's. I had been sitting there ever since 5:00 after I had woken up next to Ryan, and my legs were sleeping. I was afraid to move.

Miranda stirred next to me and grudgingly got up. She looked at me and gave me a sleepy smile and continued into the bathroom. I had already taken a shower so I didn't care. There was a knock at the door.

"You can come in!" The door opened slightly and then wider until I could see Micheal. "What do you want Micheal?" He glared at me and walked in. "I'm sorry". That surprised me. "Woah. Little dude. Is this a prank? Please edit the scenes where I'm not looking too good and then exit through that door". He continued to stare at me and I instantly stopped joking around. "I was really mean to you ever since you arrived and for no reason. I felt guilty since you and Ryan are getting along, I wanted to see if we could get along too". A tear ran down his cheek.

"I know how you feel, Micheal. You look up to him so much that you think anything he does is cool. It's fine. Don't feel guilty okay. We can be friends if you like." He looked up, his face red. I got up and pulled him into a hug. It took him a while to hug back but he did.

I played with my hair until I resulted in putting it in a ponytail. Miranda walked into the bathroom and started staring at her reflection. "Can I do your hair?" I laughed. "Lots of people have asked me to do that. I will just keep it in a ponytail". She gave me puppy dog eyes in hope that I would say yes. It didn't work. "Please. If you don't like it, I will put it back into a ponytail". I pondered over the idea for a moment. "Fine. You have ten minutes. They are not gonna cancel school today like they did yesterday". She laughed and continued with my hair. I tried to sneak peeks in the mirror, but she would catch me and twist the chair back.

She was finally finished with my hair and I was a little shocked that she had finished in under fifteen minutes. I looked into the mirror. She had done a goddess braid that landed on my right shoulder. I liked it and I knew the perfect thing to wear with it. My front hairs were brushed neatly to the side to look like side bangs and she pinned them to make them look like I had actually cut it. I pictured the perfect outfit to wear in my head and realized that Hannah had already bought it for me on my first day here. I gladly thanked Miranda and ran to my wardrobe to find it. It wasn't hidden but exactly where you would find a shirt.

It was a white shirt with only one sleeve and a little lace on the side where there was a sleeve. I also picked out some sky-blue pants. When I stepped out of my room, I was dressed like a goddess. It turns out that Miranda would be going to school with us so Ryan waited for us at the door. I walked towards him and he smiled but when he saw Miranda, it vanished. He held out his arm for her and she enthusiastically held him. I walked behind them trying not to go in front of them unless I ruin their moment together. After all, Miranda did deserve this. She had him first. I can't compete with a lifelong friend.

We arrived to school in about ten minutes because almost every two minutes, Miranda stopped to take a selfie with Ryan. Even he seemed annoyed when we got to school.

I felt bad for Miranda though. She didn't know that Ryan was going to be so mean to her when he saw his friends. I felt bad but I still couldn't wait to see it. Half of me wanted to see her badly rejected. Ryan didn't let go of Miranda's arm and Miranda didn't let go either. If anything, their grip seemed tighter. They made their way carelessly to Ryan's group of friends and Miranda was greeted with hugs and smiles.

I felt the blood rush up to my face. I was angry and I should have been too. Why hadn't Ryan treated me like that? Why was I the one who got embarrassed every time I thought he was good for me? Why me? I stormed past him and felt many stares in my direction. The hair stood up at the back of my neck which really meant that they were staring at me. I was the only movement in the hallway. I turned around, looked at Ryan's ashamed face, and smiled

Miranda looked worried and I didn't blame her. She was so naive. She wouldn't know anger if someone implanted a chip in her mind telling her about anger.

I ran up to my locker and pulled out my books for first through fourth period. This time, Ryan wont be forgiven.

Hannah's Point of View

"Honey!" He didn't respond. "Marcus!" I heard heavy footsteps on the stairs. Marcus appeared right in front of me with sweat droplets on his forehead. He had been working out. "Can I have the car keys? I wanna go shopping." He smiled and put his hand in his pocket. In a few seconds, he had pulled out a small set of keys and tossed it at me in a friendly way. "Have fun!" I waved goodbye to him and walked out of the front door.

If Marcus knew what I was really up to, he wouldn't have given me the car keys. Time for operation Kelly and Ryan.

*******

I walked home by myself, leaving Miranda and Ryan behind. I was trying my best to ignore them but now that I sit next to Ryan in two classes, it kind of gets hard because he loves his schoolwork. He hasn't tried to apologize yet and I prefer it that way. I'm not really mad at Miranda because she hasn't really done anything bad so it's just Ryan.

Miranda came into our bedroom twenty minutes after, holding a coffee from Starbucks. "I saved you something." I smiled and took it out of her hands. "Thanks". She smiled back. "Was something bothering you in the morning today?" I knew the question would pop up, I just wanted to avoid it as long as I could. I searched for an answer in my head. It took me a little longer this time. "Well I thought I forgot to do my homework and I got really frustrated because that means I would be getting a zero and I had tried really hard this semester to get good grades and that would have made me number 5 on the list instead of number 2. But then I found it in my locker because it turns out I did it at lunch and I realized my foolishness". I gave her a shy smile and then she let out a roar of laughter. "That's hilarious". I let out a nervous laugh and after a while her laugh was so contagious that I started laughing for real with her.

We started talking and talking about the craziest things. She was actually really cool to talk to and she could keep a conversation going for a long time. We were now talking about Ryan. Well she was. "And he threw me onto the couch and pretended to be a dog". She started laughing and I had no choice but to join in. There was a knock at the door. "Come in!" Hannah stepped inside and smiled. "Hey guys! Tomorrow, we will be going to a dance party after you come home from school so make sure you are ready." She started dancing and Miranda giggled. I smiled and nodded my head. Miranda smiled and Hannah gave her a heated look and winked at me.

Once she left, five minutes had not passed when there was another knock on the door. "Come in"! Ryan stepped inside. "Oh hey Miranda, you're awake!" He said it as if he were expecting her to be sleeping but she didn't notice. "So. Did you want to talk to me?" Miranda was now off of the bed and right in front of Ryan. He swallowed hard. "Um yea". I smiled and I couldn't keep back the bile that was now in my mouth. "Why? Because you need someone to help you sleep again?" Miranda's left eyebrow rose and Ryan's face turned the shade of pink. "Um. No. I wanted her to help me find an outfit". I knew he was lying but the tone in his voice stopped me from saying anything else. Miranda left and shut the door behind her. I laughed quietly to myself. That serves him right.