Chapter 6

Ryan's point of view

I couldn't stop my hands from twitching as we started walking down the sidewalk that lead to my house. My heart beat rapidly in my chest every time I thought about the kiss. I know I didn't start it. She jumped on top of me.

I tried to sneak a look at her but I was afraid she would be looking at me. We entered the house (finally) and I dug around in my pocket for my keys.

After we were in, she ran up to her bedroom after giving me the faintest of an embarrassed smile.

I ran up to my room and wrenched open the door. A pink envelope was on the floor between the bathroom and Micheal's room. I ran over and picked it up. It was a letter from Kelly and it was addressed to me. I opened it and read it. My eyes opened in shock. Whoa!

*********

I wasn't thinking straight. I was in my bedroom, sitting on my bed, but I still felt Ryan's presence. I felt every moment together. I wanted to march up to him and hand him the letter I was supposed to give him. THE LETTER! I wrenched open the pocket in my book bag where the letter was supposed to be. Strange, its not there. I tried another pocket. Not there either. What?? I threw open my book bag and spilled out everything from it. Not here. Its pink. How am I supposed to miss it?? I threw myself on my bed and groaned. Where is it??

*****Next morning*****

"Kelly its time for your shower!" He opened the door to my bedroom. Its not like I cared because I was already dressed up but still. It was rude. "I'm sorry. I didn't know you were done". His eyes dropped to the floor. Now was my time to ask. "Ryan. Its later. Tell me why you were ignoring me at school." He waved his backhand to me and left. "Fine."

I started walking to school and noticed Ryan tagging along behind me. I was already frustrated and this was only making it worse. I started running. After two minutes, I heard the fast pace of footsteps behind me which only propelled me to run faster.

When I finally made it, I was out of breath. I stood there for a few minutes trying to catch my breath. Ryan didn't even look like he was running. He wasn't even sweating.

He started walking towards his friends. I didn't want to be embarrassed again but I had to see if he had changed ever since the kiss.

"Bye Ryan!" He looked back briefly over his right shoulder and started walking again. I ran over to him. "Bye Ryan!" His friends started laughing. "Don't you get it. People like us don't hang out with people like you!" The red headed boy in the group looked me up and down and started laughing again. This time Ryan joined. "So this is why. You think I don't belong right. Because of my grade. Well I'm in second place now. So I practically am 'people like you'. I'm just not as shallow." They started laughing. "We all know you cheated. Everyone does. So you're still at the bottom of the chain". The loud laughter began again. I couldn't stop the blood rising to my cheeks. 

"I didn't cheat!" They laughed again. "Seriously Ryan?" He laughed. "Wait you're the one who's obsessed with me!" 

"And what do you mean by that?" He laughed again and took out a pink envelope. My pink envelope. "Remember this?" He waved it in front of my face. I slowly backed down. Then he started reading it. Out loud! "Dear Ryan. I'm Kelly Jacobs. You probably don't know me but I'm in love with you". I stifled back the tears. "Stop Ryan". My words were heavy with emotion. His eyes softened a little and his mouth twitched at the corners but he continued. "I have known you ever since you moved to our elementary school. I have loved you ever since then. I always fanta-". The blood was already up to my cheeks. I knew my face was red. Ryan stopped reading after I kicked him so hard in the groins. "Screw you. Never talk to me again". I ran away really wishing I could cry but the tears wouldn't come. When I turned back, Ryan was doubled back on the floor laughing. I guess I missed.

Hillary was absent today so I didn't have anyone to whine to. Why would he do that? What did I do? They thought I cheated?? Ugh.

I arrived at my chemistry class five seconds before the late bell rang. Everyone was standing by the wall. My teacher, Ms. Bradswell was directing people into desks. "You will be getting a partner for this class for the rest of the year. You get what you get. You can't change your partners. Its your fault you guys talk too much". Please put me with Hillary.

"Kelly, Kelly Jacobs? Are you here?" I raised my hand. "Yes Ms. Bradswell." She smiled. "Good. You will be partnered with Lucy Bradswell". Lucy's face contorted with anger and then calmed. "May I please be seated with Jason, mom?" Ms. Bradswell tensed a little and smiled. "Yes you may, dear. Um, Kelly. You will be seated with Ryan Selow". Great. Just great. After the seating arrangements were done, the bell rang and everyone stomped out of the classroom. When I finally stepped outside, I texted Hillary. She told me she was absent because she was sick with the flu. She would never fake getting sick so I knew it was true. Probably because her mom was a nurse and her dad was a cardiologist.

I walked towards Starbucks and heard heavy footsteps behind me. I couldn't take it anymore. "Stop following me Ryan!!" The footsteps halted and I continued to walk. I turned back and saw him turn around slowly. When he started walking towards his house, I felt the urge to run up to him and slap him or at least scream at him. But, I didn't.

After spending ten minutes sulking in my latte, I walked home. I just wanted to see my house again. I took the key from under the doormat and unlocked the door. A strong smell; something like my dad's cologne, wrapped around my nose. I closed the door, turned on the lights, and began to cry. Even though he had gone only three weeks ago, I missed him and realized that I needed him so much. I ran up to my father's room and took one of his blankets. I wrapped it around me and sat on the couch. The TV was still working, fortunately. I put the channel on Nickelodeon where they were playing a Sponge Bob marathon and cried for about the whole show. Well it felt like thirty minutes. After I couldn't force anymore tears out, I wiped my eyes and ran to Ryan's house. I knew my eyes were puffy and they would ask me about it but I didn't really care anymore. I let out a scream of anger. "Lies. Lies. LIES!!!" After I had gotten that off my chest, I stopped running and walked silently back to the house.

Ryan's mom was waiting for me at the door. "Where have you been? Its 5:30!" I looked down on my phone. It was 5:30. "I'm sorry. I was just homesick so I went home and watched TV for a bit". Her eyes softened a little. "Well next time tell me okay". I smiled and nodded. "Have you been crying?" I slowed down. "Allergies". "Oh. Right". The sarcasm was heavy in her voice but I knew that she wouldn't press further into the matter. "Well. Dinner is in twenty five minutes so you know what to do". I nodded. I had to change out of my school clothes and wash under my nails. Who could forget that?

VOTE, COMMENT, AND FOLLOW ME!!! I HOPE TO WRITE BETTER CHAPTERS FOR YOU AND STAY WITH ME MY LOYAL FANS!!!!