Chapter 12

The snow had already started since it was now December. It was already four months since my dad left me here but it seemed like a lifetime. I don't know why Hannah would pick today for a dance party but I didn't question her. After I got home from school, I wet straight up to Hannah's room and knocked the door. She reached out a hand and pulled me in.

"Hey Kelly!" I laughed. "You were waiting behind the door the whole time weren't you?" This time she laughed. "You know why I winked at you yesterday right?" I shook my head. "It's because I bought you a dress and I am gonna make you wear it". I looked around to catch a glimpse of this mystery dress I didn't see anything. "Where is it?" She giggled and pointed to a closet. I slowly walked towards it. I mean, she was creeping me out.

I opened the closet and pulled out a beautiful blue emerald dress. It looked like it would reach past my knees and had lace in the back. It looked like a pretty dress but I wasn't sure if it would look pretty on me. "It'll bring out your eyes." I stared at her not willing to object. "Thanks but-". She shushed me and shoved me into the bathroom. "Change!" I have heard that before. In the same manner and tone.

Hannah finished dressing me up and doing my hair which was now straight to cover up most of the lace in the back when I stood up straight. I saw Miranda in a beautiful green dress which seemed to tighten around her while she moved but she looked comfortable and even more beautiful.

Ryan was in a button down plaid shirt and church jeans. So was Micheal. Marcus waved to me. I actually haven't seen the man a lot since I came here. He is always locked up in his bedroom doing work. I waved back at him and he flashed his white teeth at Hannah. Hannah was in a white and sparkling dress. The girls wore cardigans and the boys wore jackets.

We arrived at the party half an hour later. Everyone was dancing around, drinking, and going crazy. There was a whole table full of food lining the walls and chairs seated in circles around small tables. The place looked elegant. There were diamond embedded walls and the floor was polished so greatly that you could see your reflection.

I saw Ryan and Miranda dancing and laughing next to Marcus and Hannah. Micheal made his way to the food table and started gobbling up everything in sight. I needed someone to dance with. There was a cute guy at the bar who looked my age and I walked over to him. It took all of my courage not to run away. I tapped him on the shoulder. "Um. Do you want to dance?" He looked me up and down and smiled. "Sure". I smiled and took his hand. We danced around for what seemed like hours talking and laughing. He was funny and I found myself getting comfortable in talking to him.

Every two minutes, I would take a quick glance at Ryan to see him staring at me with harsh eyes.

The party ended and Gabriel and I exchanged numbers. Miranda and I raced to our room when we arrived at home. I won. Ryan still wasn't talking. Hannah looked slightly pleased with herself and Marcus looked tired.

Everyone was sleeping but me. I sat in my bed reading. I heard a knock I had been expecting at the door but didn't even bother to say "come in" because I knew it was Ryan. He stepped in even though I didn't allow him in. "Kelly, come here. We need to talk". I groaned and followed him to his room. "What do you want Ryan?" I said it harshly. "I know why your mad but-". I rolled my eyes. "But what? You always have an explanation for things. And I stupidly believe them. If you like Miranda, I don't care anymore okay. Why do you always choose to do these things to m-". 

His lips crashed into mine and for a few seconds I was caught off guard but I pushed him off of me. "Your problems would never be solved with a kiss, Ryan". He looked down clearly embarrassed. "I like you Kelly. A lot actually and I don't know how or why but I do. I wanted you to be my girlfriend but how would I explain that to Miranda. I'm sorry". This time I kissed him and he kissed back. He smiled shyly and I noticed he was blushing. "Oh yea, I see you have met my cousin Gabe". 

"Your cousin!" He smiled and laughed slightly. "Yea, my playboy cousin Gabe".

Ryan shocked me with this news. Gabriel was his cousin?!! I mean, I was talking to his cousin but the only thing that hinted that they were related was how handsome they were. Although Gabriel was slightly a bit older. By just one year though!