CHAPTER 7

ASTURIAS AIRSPACE

07.01.8462 - 8:32 AM

On the third deck of the gigantic Royal Airplane of Arkadia, Charlotte stared out the windows, at the small island approaching. She managed to rest during the fight and was ready to meet her nephew. The Supersovereign Queen was in a small room next to her bedroom on the plane. The room consisted only of a comfortable chair and a small table on the left side while it had on the right side a large window. Bending over to the top of the cabin, the largest window in the plane allowed a dazzling view of the sky at night, and in those morning hours, a powerful light penetrated the small room.

All visitors were standing on the stairs in front of the double doors to the Ballroom at the Asturian Manor. Charlotte's plane had already landed, and five cars the plane was carrying on its first Deck had already been removed and housed Charlotte and part of her entourage. All waited in a mixture of anxiety and fear for the arrival of the queen. When the red cars started to appear on the road that connected to the Manor, Mila bent down and whispered in Mário's left ear:

"Yes, my teeth and ambitions are bared, be prepared!"

Richard looked at them both and smiled. The first two red cars stopped at the foot of the stairs. Two men dressed in black suits got out of each and walked to the third car, the biggest one. They then opened the door, and Charlotte got out of the vehicle.

Charlotte was unusually tall and thin, nearly 20 centimeters taller than her employees, blond hair pulled back in a long braid that hung to her waist. Her thin, wrinkled face was not friendly at all and rarely reproduced a smile. Despite her advanced age, she had a face of vigor and ferocity. That morning, Charlotte used a purple dress with embroidered flowers, red flats with a discreet heel, and a delicate ruby tiara on top of her head. Almost every time Charlotte left her apartment, she wore red or color-derived clothes. As the Supersovereign Queen got out of the car, she looked to the top of the stairs and was soon surprised by many people in the Manor. She then continued up the stairs with remarkable skill.

"Good Morning," she said to everyone who made a slight bow. Her voice was firm.

Of all, Mila was the one who stared at Charlotte the most. The girl had never been in the presence of the Supersovereign Queen. In her mind, she couldn't understand how that three-hundred-year-old woman could cope with such a long journey from Arkadia to Asturian Island and arrive as if she had taken a half-hour trip. Mila always arrived extremely tired when she returned from Arkadia to her mother's house. She believed that the effect on someone old would be much worse. Still, Charlotte showed no weakness or fatigue whatsoever.

"Hello Charlotte, let's get in and have something to eat and drink?" Richard proposed formally.

"Of course. I did not expect to face a trip like this to stand on the threshold of a door," Her tone wasn't kidding. Her husky voice, with a heavy accent, sounded natural. She didn't bother to look her nephew in the eye and just walked past everyone entering the Manor. Six of her employees walked in with her, Fernanda among them. "Please, folks," Charlotte said, pausing in the doorway of the double doors and turning to her employees with her right hand raised in the air. "you can leave me alone with the Asturians," she said, making her officials out the door, opening space for the Asturians to enter the Manor. "Fernanda, you too, I appreciate your company, but I ask you to wait for me on the plane for now. As soon as I have any logistical news, I'll let you know," Charlotte then turned to Lélia. "Lélia, how long, my dear. How are you?" Charlotte asked when entering the Manor, going to Lélia and hugging her.

"My Queen, how long. I'm doing good, and you?" Lélia replied, lowering her head.

"Let's see how this day goes, and I can tell you more accurately how I am doing."