CHAPTER 47

PORDELEMOR

15.01.8462

The aircraft had practically turned around the southern hemisphere. Endora had already lost its speed and descended vertically towards the sea. At a safe distance, a motorized speedboat approached the copper-colored triangular object resting gently on the calm waters of the South Sea.

"Wait for us here. Release for takeoff will be authorized only by my voice," said Lélia, already knowing that Richard had configured the ship to respond to her voice.

"Confirmed, Endora will remain at this point awaiting your return," informed the mechanical voice.

"Guys, we need to come out on top," Lélia shouted.

Through the ship's windshield, it was possible to see the speedboat approaching. Lélia unbuckled herself from her seat belts, and while Scarlet did the same, she opened the small door to the ship's upper deck. As soon as Lélia stuck her head out, leaning on the door to balance herself with the swaying sea, thin steps appeared in the ship's fuselage, connecting the newly opened door to the sea. Lélia waved her hand in the air to the person controlling the launch, not recognizing who it was. She looked inside the ship to find that Mila and Mário had already climbed the stairs behind her in the small control room.

"They are coming with a motorboat. This is rare. They never use any technology that is less than five hundred years old," Lélia spoke.

When the launch was already much closer, circling the ship to line up with the ladder, Lélia recognized the young man who was driving the speedboat.

"Nahan!! What an honor: you coming here to get us," she said.

"If I went to Ástur or the Asturian Island, I would expect nothing less than the Regent coming to fetch me," said Nahan. "Unlike Fernand, who shows up without warning, people who announce themselves in advance will always receive a warm reception," Completed the young man aligning the back of the launch as close as he could to the ladder in Endora's fuselage.

Lélia got into the boat facing Nahan, his long wavy brown hair going down to his waist. He had honey-colored eyes gleaming in the morning sun and a wide white smile. He could perfectly be Fernand's younger brother, but a much more beautiful and refined version of her longtime friend. Nahan gave Lélia a quick kiss on the cheek, and she blushed in embarrassment. Nahan's beauty drew Lélia's attention so much that for a moment, she even forgot about her fellow travelers and to close the ship's door. As soon as everyone entered the boat, she shook off Nahan's charming smile and turned to the Ship, making the door close with just a wave.

Mila was disconcerted to see Nahan, the short, skinny boy, caught her eye with his fine androgynous features, a golden tattoo that peeked out from under his clothes and covered part of his face, ending in a shaved part of his head, contrasting with his black skin. She felt all the delicacy of Pordelemor's sovereign as she hugged him and wished that that hug would last forever.

Nahan greeted Mário cordially, who in turn found the sovereign very polite. At the same time, Scarlet's eyes sparkled as he saw the young man with his blue eyes, broad shoulders, and dark, straight hair, looking like a more chiseled version of her husband.

After recovering from the Nahan's effect, Scarlet, Mila, and Mário went open-mouthed between the nave and the Eternal Night Shadow. They watched how high the smoke screen was and wondered what was on the other side. As soon as they passed through the veil that turned morning into night, the excitement and emotion of the three increased even more as they saw the three artificial moons floating over the islet.

"You built moons!" Said Mila.

"Oui! Beautiful, aren't they?" Said Nahan. "If you fly over this region, you will see part of them outside the black cloud. They collect energy from the sun and shine in our sky constantly. The ideal amount of light for us," Nahan smiled as he stared at the moons in the sky, proud of his work.