CHAPTER 10

ASTURIAN ISLAND

08.01.8462 - 2:20 AM

The stalker increased their speed towards Scarlet, who turned back to the cabin and began to run. Before she even reached the place, Scarlet waved her hand, and the only door in the small cabin opened. The girl quickly entered the room, dripping water and blood from her legs, soaking the wooden floor. As she closed the heavy door with her bare hands, her eyes caught the leaves of the trees fiercely shaking as another bolt of lightning lit the night, and then there was only the darkness of the cabin.

Scarlet walked to the center of the cabin, feeling the furniture as she walked, tears began to flow from her eyes, and she began to sob, she raised her hands, and the entire cabin was covered in a green light, a light that emanated from the walls. At that moment, everything became silent, the noise of the rain disappeared, and only Scarlet's sobs remained. With a snap of her fingers, she lit the hut's lamps and made a fire rise in the hearth.

The cabin was made of wood and had only two rooms, a large living room, a small kitchen, and a door leading to a bathroom. Mila sat down in front of the fireplace and began to warm up, her entire body trembling, a fear that chilled her soul. She knew she was safe now, but she was worried about everyone at the Manor. She needed to find some way to communicate with the rest. She was worried about Mila's condition, she had seen the girl fall to the ground, but she preferred not to think about what could have happened. She soon pushed the thoughts out of her head and then began to twist her blond hair.

A few minutes later, in the middle of the woods, the rain had started to stop, but the lightning was only increasing. Richard and Fernand led the way through the woods, followed by Vaughan and Nair, who, despite her age, didn't seem shaken by the steep climb and fast pace. She had only one thought in her head: her daughter Scarlet.

"I can smell her, she's near," said Fernand.

The four reached the clearing where the cabin was a few moments later. The rain had stopped entirely, the lightning still lighting the night. Everyone had lank hair, Fernand and Vaughan with their hair down, going down to the middle of their back; Richard's short hair bothered him, the drops of water running all the time on his face.

"Scarlet!" Yelled Nair as she started to run to the cabin.

"Shiiii," asked Fernand suspiciously, looking around. "Careful, Nair, I'm smelling another scent."

"Scarlet!" Nair shouted again, completely ignoring Fernand.

Nair was the first to reach the cabin and began knocking desperately on the door.

Inside the cabin, Scarlet didn't notice the knocking on the door. She couldn't hear any noise coming from outside the place and would only hear something if someone tried to open the door or enter the cabin in any way.

"Nair, get to the side," Richard said, taking the lady by the shoulders.

The old lady's eyes were teary, and she tried to say something to Richard, but no comprehensible words came out of her lips.

"I'll open the cabin, Nair. Calm down," he said calmly, passing his hand over Nair's face, who nodded.

Richard gestured with both hands, pointing them towards the door as a loud bang cut through the night. A burst of light threw Richard yards away from the door. Stunned, the first thought that crossed Fernand's mind was that the explosion came from lightning. Vaughan ran to the aid of his friend, who had fallen to the ground. Nair didn't even look at the king lying on the ground, writhing and confused. She took the place Richard occupied in front of the door and then started to make the same nod as Richard.