CHAPTER 16

RHAGAR
09.01.8462 - 1:58 AM

The new wings of the Spring Castle is a vast construction covered in Carrara marble that looked more like a theater; four large flower beds helped further enhance the palace's beauty and magnitude. Six columns supported a colossal balcony that covered the main door. Fernand parked the car just below the balcony, facing the front door. Alena, who had made a point of picking him up at the airport, jumped out of the car and climbed the stairs to the front door with extreme ease, not letting on a moment of tiredness at the height of her one hundred and thirty-nine years.

The doors opened, and as soon as Alena entered the room, a small girl extremely white, with red hair and green eyes, came to meet the queen. She shouldn't have measured more than 1.57 meters tall and probably didn't weigh more than 50 kilograms. The hall was decorated with yellow, black, and white marble, a grand staircase, a handrail made of black iron with gold accents.

"Alena, Vaše Veličenstvo!" Said the girl with a bit of a bow.

"Alojzia! Dobrý deň!" Alena responded to the bow. "Prosím, mluvte jednodušším jazykem. Máme hosty!" Alena opened her hands in the air with a laugh.

"Sure!" Said Alojzia. "Mr. Fernand, good evening! How are you?" Asked the girl.

"I'm fine, thanks," he said.

"That's good! Your sister and your children, except Mr. Nikolas, are already waiting for you in the . We already prepared The Silent Room for you," said Alojzia promptly.

"Oh good God, your people are very efficient," said Fernand to Alena. "Thank you very much for your help, Alena, and for your impeccable work, Alojzia."

"I also prepared your apartment so that you can rest after the meeting," Alojzia continued with a friendly smile. "I believe you will not return to the Capital of the Kingdom today, correct?"

"The capital of the kingdom is where the king is," joked Fernand.

"Should I lead you to the Silent Room?" Asked Alojzia.

"Just a second, Alojzia," Alena interrupted. "So, Fernand. I'll let you sort out your affairs with your kids. I'll be in my room having nice dreams with you if you don't mind," she laughed loudly, making the room vibrate. "In the morning, we will have a reception for you and the children, a 'petit déjeuner.' And I... I...," Alena looked embarrassed. "Well, I must say that I'm worried that you need my Silent Room for a meeting with my nephews. That means something is not going right, and...," Alena took Fernand's right hand and squeezed it with her two wrinkled hands. She looked deep into Fernand's eyes with extreme affection. "You know, I'm embarrassed about the problems my family tried to cause you, and I try to compensate that the way I can. So you can count on me for everything, my dear friend."

"I know that Alena, thanks for everything. You are really amazing, have pleasant dreams!" Fernand looked deeply into Alena's eyes and then kissed Alena on the forehead. "Come on," Fernand said, putting his arm around Alena's shoulders and going through a door under the stairs while Alena went up through them.

Alojzia and Fernand entered through a small door to the room's right behind the hall, a narrow staircase descending to a cellar filled with artwork and furniture covered with white sheets. It was the Castle's storeroom. Alojzia guided Fernand down a path he already knew, the two crossed the cellar, and by the location, Fernand knew he was right under the door to the main hall. A white sheet covered a huge painting about three meters high and two meters wide on the wall at the end of the room. One could see some traces of the painted landscape through the sheet, a floral arch, with a small girl in the center.