CHAPTER 26

ÁSTUR DOMESTIC AIRPORT

10.01.8462 - 11:28 AM

Even though only international flights had been stopped, the Ástur Domestic Airport was utterly empty when Lélia arrived there. She crossed the airport lounge towards the departure area, then took her MC, looking for Mirian's contact. She instructed the two CriSPe agents to return to the Government Palace and proceed with the assistance of the investigations.

"Mirian, it's Lélia. Isaac Albéniz is completely empty. Do you know anything?" She questioned as she took her wallet from her purse.

"Hello Lélia, the airport management thought it was better to evacuate everything. All flights were canceled," Mirian replied on the other end of the line.

"Ok, guide this attitude in all airports that may still be open in Asturias, Seslesia, and Tacán," Lélia spoke while showing her documents to an agent who guarded the door between the lobby and the departure lounge.

"I got it," Mirian replied.

"Thanks,"

The only employee at the information desk gaped at Lélia. Lélia realized then that she was still in the same clothes and all covered in soot. A certain sense of shame came to her then. The girl at the counter quickly disguised her astonishment and began consulting her computer.

"Your plane is available for takeoff from Hangar 6. There is also a car provided to take you there. It is just outside Gate 1, below the finger. Would you like to have an employee available to accompany you?" Asked the girl.

"No, thank you," Lélia spoke.

"So just present your app's screen with the flight data to the employee at Gate 1 and go down the stairs instead of accessing it with the finger. The car will be right after the glass doors," said the girl.

"Right, thank you very much, darling," Lélia always used the word 'darling' when she tried to be nice to someone, but always being afraid of sounding fake.

She went to Gate 1 and proceeded as instructed. Before getting close to Gate, Lélia left her MC activated with the application's screen configured. As she approached the gate, she saw the puzzled look of a young man beside the door and pointed her MC at him without saying anything.

"Good afternoon, Lélia," he said that he had already received the flight information in the system. "You can take the stairs to the ground floor. There is a car waiting for you right after the glass door," he completed it with some nervousness.

"Thanks."

"Have a safe flight," the boy spoke as Lélia entered through the door and turned left to go down the stairs connected to the ground floor.

As soon as she came out through the glass doors, Lélia took the metal cylinder from her pocket and said: "Find Fernand Louis, open yourself just to him," she discreetly opened her right palm as she used her left to open the door to the silver car that awaited her. The cylinder then flew out of her hand towards the blue sky of Ástur, picking up immense speed and heading towards the sea.

Inside the plane, Lélia buckled her seatbelts and crossed her legs. She then began to realize how filthy she was, glanced at the back of the aircraft, where there was a small dresser with a glass door through which you could see a stowed suitcase. Lélia always kept a suitcase of clothes and hygiene amenities on each of her aircrafts. She could use the time after takeoff to remove the soot from her body, apply deodorant and change her clothes. It was then that she laughed to herself inside the aircraft. She began to reflect that theoretically, this was her first day as a sovereign and that she was already using it to settle her personal affairs. She then pondered and concluded that going to Tacán to provide an untraceable aircraft for Fernand was an interest of all.