CHAPTER 8

ASTURIAN ISLAND

08.01.8462 - 0:59 AM

The nights on the Asturian Island are usually ventilated. That night, the wind made the leaves of the trees beat against each other, and clouds covered the sky often clean. Flashes of lightning cut the air, illuminating the Manor. Except for Fernand and Mila, everyone on the Manor was sleeping. Charlotte's entourage preferred to stay outside the Manor, initially decided to stay on the plane, but were dissuaded to sleepover in the Village. The agents sealed the aircraft and followed the rest of the entourage to the houses. Charlotte, who had a fixed room in the Manor, decided to stay with her staff and shared one of the apartments with Fernanda.

In the Manor, Fernand was lying naked on the red blanket of a four-poster bed. A cigarette lit between the fingers of his left hand while his right stroked Mila's black hair. The girl ran her hand from one nipple to the other, looking out the open window, the curtains fluttering with the rain wind approaching the Manor. Mila looked up at Fernand and took the cigarette from his hand, taking a long drag, enjoying the music coming from the record player in front of the bed.

"I've always loved Adios Nonino," said Mila looking at the smoke that came out of her mouth.

"I think it combines with you, Mila. It starts a little suspicious, and when you least expect it, it develops into a beautiful melody, full of power, impact, and charm," Fernand replied, and Mila laughed.

"Me? Suspicious at first? I always thought I was so bold right off the bat."

This time it was Fernand who laughed.

"No, you're all shy, quiet. I remember when I met you, I would never imagine your interests and your attitudes.

"What is the problem with my interests? Not befitting a shy and reserved girl?" Mila asked, leaning over Fernand, who took another drag on his cigarette.

"Nothing much, even because they are also my interests," he took a deep breath. "What happened to Jeannie, Mila?"

"I know no more than you, Fernand. I just know that I miss her a lot. She is an amazing friend, always present, helping me with everything I need, without I even having to ask."

The atmosphere in the room became heavy with the change of subject. The lightning continued to cut the sky, and the noise of thunder sometimes drowned out their voices.

"She is a dear. I hope everything is fine. It's surreal. She's your age, decades younger than me, with so much more life, beauty, and strength. She will come back, I'm sure."

"Yes, I'm sure of that too. I feel her in this house, Fernand, even though she's not here anymore. Her presence is powerful. I also know that she will be back, that we will be able to sort out what is going on, and soon she will be lying here with us," said Mila with a captivating and insinuating smile.

A few moments later, Fernand returned to his room, and Mila was already sleeping soundly after intense sexual exercises with Fernand.

The fully black-clad person watched the lights in Mila's room go out, and then ran to hide behind one of the columns in the Greater Atrium, watching Fernand exit Mila's room carefully and make his way to his bedroom down the hall. As soon as Fernand entered his room, the person returned to the East Wing Side Corridor on the fourth floor of the Manor and headed towards Mila's room.

The person staggered to a halt in front of the girl's door facing the doorknob and inhaling through the ancient keyhole, feeling Mila's fresh smell. They allowed only one breath before making their way back down the corridor towards the Greater Atrium, completely crossing the Main Corridor of the East Wing and accessing the stairs. Still, instead of changing floors, the person stopped, this time, in front of the double doors, much bigger than the other doors of the guest rooms of the Asturian Manor.