CHAPTER 29

CÁRDAMO

10.01.8462 - 2:19 PM

The streets of Cárdamo were all decorated with handicrafts, the doors of shops and houses had different colors. On the way, driving the car through the streets of colorful houses, Lélia continued humming a song that came out through her MC's speakers:

"Pairou sobre os edifícios, abriu dois mil orifícios, com dois mil canhões assim."

Lélia managed to clear her head and become calmer as she began to tap the song's melody on the car's steering wheel. She blocked all official messages on her MC and focused only on following the news on Asturian Island. She had manifested in the group created by Mila, advising that as soon as she finished her lunch, she would contact the group.

She quickly ate some tamales that she bought in a small restaurant in one of the charming streets of Cárdamo. While waiting for the tamales, she opened a program in her MC and looked for a hotel she used to stay in when she needed to be in Cárdamo longer to solve the company's problems. Luckily, the hotel was available that day, and she made a reservation to spend the afternoon more comfortably.

A few moments later, she was already passing by the Hotel reception, where a worried receptionist asked her several times if she was okay after the attack. Lélia went up to her room on the first floor, with a window that looked straight out onto the street, and he settled in, placing her open notebook on a desk and her suitcase on a wardrobe. She decided to take a shower to properly clean herself of the dirt still under her nails and try to get the smell of burning flesh from her hair, she couldn't feel the burnt smell, but she knew that it denoted to other people.

After a long shower, Lélia put on another outfit, less luxurious than the first and lighter, one of her many floral skirts with a white tank top, changed her heel for a flat one, and removed some bracelets. She didn't bother drying her hair and just threw herself on the bed picking up her MC looking at the time: 'I still have almost eight hours to go back to Mottamotors and send the plane to Fernand,' she thought as she selected Mila's contact and sent a video call request. A few moments later, Mila's face appeared on the screen.

"Lélia! Oh my! How are you?" Mila asked, a little less worried after seeing Lélia's face.

"Hey, how are you? Look, I'm fine, but it probably won't be that way until tomorrow," Lélia spoke.

"What happened?" Questioned Vaughan appearing beside Mila.

"Let's do it by steps," Lélia spoke.

Mila walked forward, and Lélia could see that the girl was in the library of the Asturian Manor and that Vaughan, Nair, Marta, Mário, and Scarlet were also there. The girl positioned herself in such a way that everyone could appear on the video call.

"We are all here on the Island. We decided to come to stay with the Van," said Mila.

"Brave of you. Return to the island at this time and to stay in the company of the Van," Lélia smiled but soon regretted it. "Sorry, this is not the time for this kind of joke."

"Maybe it is," Spoke Vaughan.

"Well, come on, first, what is this totem story? I had a horrible nightmare while I was there at the Manor," Lélia spoke.

"So you also had a nightmare?" Questioned Vaughan.

"Yes. Who else had it?" Lélia asked.

"For now, just the two of us," Spoke Vaughan.

"Hm, and I can assume that my nightmare and yours were on the same topic," Lélia spoke seriously.

"Joaquim?" asked Vaughan.