EPILOGUE

VINDOBONA,

28.03.8462 - 11:12 PM

The black lady wore a red turban that held all her curly hair, some of them already white. She followed the narrow stone underground corridor to a wooden staircase, which she climbed to access a room. Behind her, a somewhat older gentleman wearing a brown sweater followed, his thinning hair white and his skin already mottled with age. He had a little more trouble climbing the stairs than the woman, and as soon as the door to the room opened, they both entered.

"Look at this, Anna!" The gentleman spoke in his husky voice, a smile appearing in the corner of his mouth. "Charlotte indeed took the Balance Of Power. A physical balance of power will help us so much, Anna; she will be so happy when we confirm that Charlotte really stole the Balance," he said, noting the larger pan of the scale. "Watch Anna: the World Government's biggest pan is coming up, and the smaller pans begin to have a greater weight. Soon this will reverse when the smaller pans are closer to the ground than the World Government plan; it will mean a path with no return. The World Government will cease to exist," he said with a short laugh.

"Yes," Anna replied. "We are on the right path, Oswaldo."