Chapter 2

Once I returned to the room, the broken glass was cleaned up, and bandages and medicine were on the table. I carefully treated my injured arm and took out a piece of paper and a pen. I needed to objectively summarize my situation.

First of all, Cheon Sa-yeon’s order. It had to be accomplished. If I didn’t follow the progress of the original novel, there may be some discrepancies, and right now I was not in a position to openly defy Cheon Sa-yeon. Although deep inside, I wanted to get rid of everyone, but I couldn’t because my body could feel pain and I would just be beaten up. Cheon Sa-yeon was a villainous boss who had neither blood nor tears, so if I disobeyed his orders, he would surely punish me.

It was right to keep an eye on him, at least until I found a place to hide. I moved the pen.

「1. Any pain or sensation in the body feels normal. Death seems possible.

2. I have to take into account whatever happened before if I want to be comfortable.

3. I need a way to break off the relationship with Cheon Sa-yeon.」

I wrote this far and laid back as simply tossing a pen. Leaning back on the sofa, I thought. I had to go to the ‘Empress of Red Flames’ tomorrow and kidnap her, but there were so many things I didn’t know.

“…I don’t know how to use my abilities.”

I was confident that I could handle a knife or a gun well, but with just that, there was no way I could threaten and kidnap someone who could freely handle fire.

I looked down at my empty hands. It reminded me of my original hands, which were not very good-looking, full of scars and bumpy bones. In comparison, Han Yi-gyeol’s hands were much smaller, whiter, and slender… They really did seem like ‘delicate hands’.

However, this pretty hand showed no sign of Han Yi-gyeol’s wind ability. In the novel, he was able to skillfully handle wind with one hand. I looked at my open palms for a while until exhaustion crept up and I laid down on the bed. I didn’t do anything, yet I was already so tired.

‘What the hell did I do to be under that guy’s command?’

I clicked my tongue. I remembered my past life, where I was growing up as an orphan and struggling to live. If I had the ability to control wind, I would have had a much more comfortable and free life. In the first place, Han Yi-gyeol was forcibly tied to him because of his younger sister.

…In fact, I couldn’t understand even that because I’ve never had anything like a younger sibling in my past life.

I closed my eyes, leaving behind the unpleasant thoughts. In an instant, my consciousness clouded and darkness fell.

* * *

“Ugh… Ugh…”

His eyes were blurry. Hot tears were flowing down his face, and his hands on the grey rough cement floor were dirty and stained. He was barely able to raise his head as he pleaded with a trembling voice.

“Please, stay… with me…”

“How persistent.”

The voice that cut off his words was cold. A look of contempt on his face as he looked down.

Pretty lips opened. “Han Yi-gyeol.”