Chapter 52

The hall inside the gate, where the statue of the goddess stood in the centre, was much bigger and wider than what I expected.

Walking in front of the huge statue, I carefully used my ability and flew up. The resting guild members, who I saw from over the goddess statue, looked small.

“Still looks like an ordinary statue…”

Was the horror I felt earlier due to my mood? The goddess statue carved out of marble was delicately sculpted down to each individual hair, giving it a lively feeling as if it were alive.

I kept snooping around the statue like a fly would hover around a person, but I didn’t find anything particularly special.

“Umm…”

I guess it was an illusion. It was ridiculous to keep being suspicious of a normal statue. I sighed, released control of my ability and went downstairs.

“Huh?”

Something round was trampled on the floor on the right side of the statue. When I leaned down and looked closely, I saw a blue jewel. It looked just like the jewel that was embedded in the door. Why was this here?

Geugeuk.

At that moment, a strange sound was heard from somewhere. I frowned and looked around, but there was no problem.

‘Did I hear it wrong?’

I scratched the back of my head, leaving the goddess statue behind and moved on.

“Yi-gyeol-ssi! Where have you been? I’ve been looking for you for a while.”

“Pardon?”

When I appeared, Kim Soo-hwan started talking to me as if he was waiting for me.

“I made some simple soup because it was time to eat, but there’s nothing left now…”

“Oh, that’s fine.”

I didn’t really feel hungry at all. It wasn’t a big deal to skip a meal. I smiled at Kim Soo-hwan, who was sorry, and said not to worry about it, but something flew at me from the other side.

“Ah.”

Reflexively, I caught it. It was a wrapped sandwich.

“Eat it,” Ha Tae-heon, who threw the sandwich at me, said in a stern voice. It really was fine. I guess I just made you worry.

“That’s right, Yi-gyeol-ssi. If you get hungry later, you’ll have a hard time keeping up. And Yi-gyeol-ssi needs to eat some more. You’re too skinny,” Kim Soo-hwan, who looked at Ha Tae-heon with sparkling eyes, nagged with a stern expression.

“Is that so?”

“Yes. Look at your wrist. I can hold the entire thing in one hand.”

Kim Soo-hwan grabbed my wrist and chattered. Wasn’t the wrist the part that can be held in one hand?

‘Han Yi-gyeol’s body just doesn’t look good.’

He was too skinny. For a man, his skin was too white. Should I go to the beach in summer and tan it on purpose?

“Kim Soo-hwan-ssi.”

I just nodded my head to Kim Soo-hwan’s words while thinking of something else, but Ha Tae-heon interrupted with a cold voice.

“Aren’t you being too rude? Release your hands.”

“Huh—yessir! I’m sorry. Sorry, Yi-gyeol-ssi.”

Kim Soo-hwan was startled by the sudden chill that went down his spine and released my wrist. At the same time, I was perplexed.

“No. I’m fine…”