Chapter 24

I forgot how to answer for a moment and just stared.

“Why are you so surprised? Did you think I didn’t know?”

“……”

“That’s stupid, Han Yi-gyeol.”

With those words, Cheon Sa-yeon let me go. I raised my upper body and rubbed my scratchy sore throat, asking, “…when did you notice?”

No matter how much I thought about it, I couldn’t figure it out. Until now, while dealing with Cheon Sa-yeon, I never talked about my sister…

“If you thought your sister was still alive, Han Yi-gyeol—” he threw the red jacket he was wearing at me “—you would’ve asked for her in return.”

“Ah…”

“You didn’t cry or beg to see her like you used to.”

Then I remembered the conversation I had with Cheon Sa-yeon before entering the gate. What did I say to Cheon Sa-yeon who asked what I wanted in return?

「Please bring me two low-level items that can be obtained from inside that gate.」

Two low-level items. Immediately after answering that, I’d even realized that I made a mistake.

“Hah…”

As Cheon Sa-yeon said, I was really stupid.

The existence of a younger sister was the most important thing to escape from Cheon Sa-yeon. The more I seemed to believe that my sister was alive, the more Cheon Sa-yeon would mistake her as my leash.

I ruined my plan myself. I should’ve considered that Han Yi-gyeol was obsessed with his only blood relative left, his sister. It was something that those who never had a family wouldn’t understand.

It was a complete defeat. I sighed and lifted my staggering body.

“Cheon Sa-yeon.”

In terms of a card game, I was caught playing Joker, but it was still too early to give up. I had a lot of cards left.

“I admit, I lost.” It was at this time I purposely gave him a smirk. “But I also have a temper, so I don’t like being dragged around meekly, okay?”

“Hmm. I thought you’d be harder to handle…”

Cheon Sa-yeon looked at me with glittering eyes as if interested in my attitude.

“I will cooperate with you until the gate is cleared. I don’t know why an SS-rank would need an A-rank’s cooperation to deal with the boss monster.”

I thought a lot in a short moment. Should I just throw it all away and run away? Anyway, it was a brief relationship. I felt sorry for them, but they weren’t important enough to me to suffocatingly live with no freedom.

“But that’s all. I have no intention of being swayed by you even when I get out of the gate.”

But in the end, this was the path I took.

“Min Ah-rin and Kim Woo-jin will be my new leash?”

I maintained my smile as I narrowed my eyes.

“Don’t be ridiculous. Those people, including my sister, can never be my leash.”

In the novel, Han Yi-gyeol was one of many supporting characters. A character that appeared less than 10 times; his age was never mentioned.

“If my sister died and Min Ah-rin and Kim Woo-jin also died, do you think I would stay with you?”