Chapter 46

I leaned my face on Cheon Sa-yeon’s shoulder, exhausted, and looked at Woo Seo-hyuk, who was dealing with the banshee, through blurry vision.

Hihihik, hihihi!

The banshee raised its wrinkled hands and spread its poisonous spell. Chiiiik! The wall that had touched the poison melted as white smoke rose.

To Woo Seo-hyuk, who hurriedly backed away, Cheon Sa-yeon said,  “Grab its attention. I will attack it from behind.”

“Yessir.”

“Han Yi-gyeol. Calm down and use your ability on Woo Seo-hyuk.”

With those words, I grabbed hold of my trembling energy and raised my ability.

“Haah, you’re really… using me to the fullest extent.”

“If you want to cooperate with me, you have to do this.”

This bastard. Woo Seo-hyuk’s position came to mind.

Woo Seo-hyuk rushed towards the giant ceiling-tall banshee. To avoid Woo Seo-hyuk’s attack, the banshee’s body leaned slightly back.

Kkiiiiik!

The banshee screamed with its mouth wide open. A sense of dread made my body tense. Cheon Sa-yeon, who moved to the right of the banshee, which was struggling to avoid the rushing Woo Seo-hyuk, blinked at me. I increased the strength of the wind that was wrapping around my legs.

“Ugh…!”

As soon as I used more energy, a headache formed with vengeance. Cheon Sa-yeon flew upwards and swung his sword at the banshee’s neck.

Haaak!

Noticing that it was still alive, the banshee twisted its body. The banshee, who had its shoulder cut instead of its neck, let out the screams in pain from the blazing fire. Woo Seo-hyuk, who was looking for a chance, thrust his sharp claws into the banshee’s face.

Kkiiiiik! Kkiiii—!

Red blood gushed from its eyes and mouth. The fire on its shoulder quickly scorched the banshee’s weakened body.

“Haah…”

What little I had left ran wildly in my body and squeezed my heart painfully. Huuk, I lowered my head as everything became dark.

* * *

“…—gyeol. Han Yi-gyeol.”

Someone tapped my cheek. When I forced my tired eyes to open, I saw the burned-up corpse of the banshee and Cheon Sa-yeon’s face.

“I think you’ve been overworked.”

I kept closing my eyes from extreme fatigue. I heard Woo Seo-hyuk’s voice.

“He’s not in good shape.”

“We don’t have enough people right now.”

“What should we do?”

“Hmm, I guess I’ll have to finish things myself.”

Cheon Sa-yeon, holding his sword, handed me over to Woo Seo-hyuk.

“Wake up the fainted guild members and prepare to exit the gate. In the meantime, I will deal with the remaining monsters and find an exit.”

“I understand.”

Woo Seo-hyuk answered with me on his back. Finally, I lost consciousness.

* * *

A cool breeze blew through the tip of my nose. Feeling a heavy headache, I slowly opened my eyes to see Cheon Sa-yeon talking to someone.