Chapter 65

EPISODE 17. Skull in black smoke

“Han Yi-gyeol!”

Before Park Geon-ho, who was caught off guard, reached me, Woo Seo-hyuk tore apart the tentacles that were holding me. Then, five or six tentacles appeared anew from the darkness.

“Ahhh!”

The tentacles, which failed to drag me away, latched onto the shield ability user. Woo Seo-hyuk hurriedly leaned forward and called me. “Han Yi-gyeol-ssi!”

I knew what he wanted without him saying anything. When my wind wrapped around Woo Seo-hyuk and increased his movement speed, Woo Seo-hyuk grabbed the shield ability user and tore off the tentacles.

“Retreat to the back, all three of you!”

At Park Geon-ho’s cry, I pulled Woo Seo-hyuk and the shield ability user back with my ability. At the same time, Park Geon-ho threw three iron balls at the monster.

Kuuung!

The explosion flashed, revealing the monster that was hiding in the darkness. Several monsters with tentacles that were fluttering like sea anemones were engulfed in flames. After that, a group of drum-beating kobolds opened their mouths wide and let out an incomprehensible cry.

Kagak, Kagakak! Kyaak!

The spider monsters, which had stopped and did not move, flocked again at the sound. Park Geon-ho and the long-distance team continued to keep the monsters in check as we backed off.

“What the hell, where did they come from?”

“Are they high grade?”

The guild members ran away and grumbled. As we continued to move forward to avoid the monsters that were chasing us, we noticed a large room at the end of the hallway.

Kiaaak! Kyaak!

Monsters were closing in from behind at high speed. Still, for some reason, I felt reluctant to enter the room.

‘Is it just me?’

Park Geon-ho and Woo Seo-hyuk looked back and seemed to feel nothing. There was no time to worry when we were being chased, so I finally followed the team members into the room.

“Is there anything to block the monsters?”

“Secure the exit first!”

“Team Leader!”

One of the close-range team members, who first entered the room and looked inside, pointed to the innermost part of the room and said, “There is a door that looks like an exit, but it doesn’t open. I think we’ll be able to get out of this place only if we find a hidden device.”

“Great. I’ll block the monsters, so let the non-combatant personnel get as far back as possible to find the device.”

“Yes!”

I looked around, feeling nervous among the guild members moving in perfect order.

Something felt strange. The empty room we were alone in felt more dangerous than the hallway full of monsters. Kim Woo-jin approached me as I stood still.

“Han Yi-gyeol, what’s wrong?”

“It’s nothing…”

I hesitated and shook my head. Even if I was anxious in this situation, there was nothing I could do. Open the exit door and escape as quickly as possible…

Glancing at the ceiling involuntarily, I felt my heart freeze for a moment before it started to beat frantically.

“Han Yi-gyeol?”