Chapter 44

We informed everyone that the inside of the gate was unstable. Cheon Sa-yeon said to be especially careful and to get enough rest at the end of each room in case of a disaster.

Which was good for me. My injury didn’t completely heal, so I was uncomfortable.

I was resting with my back against the wall, swallowing the painkiller I had received beforehand, and Cheon Sa-yeon, who came to see the condition of the guild members once in a while, said to me, “Do you have anything to say?”

“……?”

What bullshit was this. With my body feeling slightly heavy due to a slight fever, I answered, “No.”

“How cold.”

Cheon Sa-yeon gave Woo Seo-hyuk, who was standing behind him, a sad look. “I’ve been treated like this lately. What do you think?”

“I’m surprised,” Woo Seo-hyuk responded calmly with an expression not in the slightest surprised.

“I’ve deceived everyone for your sake…”

“No, wait a minute.” I wrapped my forehead, which was starting to ache. “What do you mean by deceiving?”

“I didn’t expect you to be this tactless. Woo Seo-hyuk, please explain it instead.”

“Yes. The Master is letting Han Yi-gyeol-ssi rest under the pretext of preparing for a disaster.”

“What are you talking about*? It is true that we have to be prepared for disasters.”

“The Master never delays for break times. This is unusual.”

“Did you hear that?”

I heard. I didn’t know what to say.

When I looked at him sullenly without answering, Cheon Sa-yeon put on a sad expression like he was teaching a student who couldn’t study.

“Do you still have something to say, Han Yi-gyeol?”

“Oh, yes. Thank you.”

Cursing that he was a madman inside, I bowed my head. Do you avoid shit because you’re scared of it? No, you avoid it because it’s dirty.

In my experience, it was best for a crazy person like Cheon Sa-yeon to do what he wanted to do and turn around quickly.

As I expected, Cheon Sa-yeon put on an expression that he was dissatisfied with my thanks. What else did you expect from me? Gradually, the headache subsided and the pain from the wound improved.

“Now let’s go.”

“Of course.”

While looking back at Cheon Sa-yeon, who was looking for a device to open the door, someone poked me in the back. When I looked back, it was the healers.

“Han Yi-gyeol-ssi, would you like to eat this?”

“You must not take painkillers on an empty stomach!”

I already ate.

I wasn’t that tactless to reply like that, so I smiled slightly as a token of appreciation and accepted what they were handed to me. On my hand was a cookie wrapped in a pretty wrapper.

“I-I made it. I’ve made it a few times, so it should taste good.”

“I get tired easily in places like this, so I need sweet snacks. If it’s okay with you, please have some.”

“Thank you for the food. I have a sweet tooth.”

The two healers, who appeared to be of the same age as Han Yi-gyeol, smiled brightly at my thanks, promised to make them next time, and went back to their seats. Received a cute gift, I couldn’t hide the heartwarming smile that leaked from my lips.