Chapter 45

“Everyone, back off!”

I shouted hastily, but the smoke spread too quickly. The guild members, who were ankle-deep in the purple smoke, groaned and staggered.

“Ghg, wait a minute…”

“Ugh…”

Clink.

The guild members who dropped their weapons bowed their heads with empty faces. Waving their arms helplessly, they began to walk in unison to somewhere involuntarily.

“Wake up!”

The same was true of the two healers standing next to me who had frightened faces. They blocked me, pushed me, and walked forward as if possessed.

“Han Yi-gyeol-ssi.”

Woo Seo-hyuk ran to me. Fortunately, he looked fine. Cheon Sa-yeon, who quietly watched the guild members staggering and moving in the direction of the monster’s cry, turned to me.

“Hmm.”

He smiled at me. Why are you smiling in such a serious situation?

“Master! This smoke…!”

“Mh.”

Cheon Sa-yeon, who took out his sword and jacket, suddenly pulled my arm strongly.

“Ugh, what…”

“What should I do, Han Yi-gyeol?” He looked down at me and smiled brightly. “It’s so much fun.”

“What?”

“It’s so fun; I think I’m going crazy.”

You mean even more than now? I opened my eyes wide and couldn’t hide my surprise. Woo Seo-hyuk, who was watching from behind, also made a surprised face.

Kugugung! Kureureung!

The sound of falling stones was heard one after another. It was very close.

“Let’s put this on for now.” Cheon Sa-yeon put his jacket over my shoulder and smiled pleasantly. “Woo Seo-hyuk.”

“Yes.”

“Let’s change the plan. I don’t think we need to worry about the guild members.”

“Oh—wait!” Cheon Sa-yeon held me tightly in his arms as I freaked out. I grabbed his collar and asked, “What do you mean we don’t need to worry?”

“Literally.”

Cheon Sa-yeon cut his palm with his sword. His gorgeous-looking long sword. I immediately recognized the identity of the sword. It was the SS-class Lilith sword.

“The banshee’s magic skill. Do you know it?”

“Are you talking about its ability to mind control? But that…”

“Since the grade has increased, the conditions for activating that ability seems to have changed.”

“Are you saying that the banshee is coming this way?”

“Including the ghosts.”

The banshee cast a spell on one person and ordered them to protect its relatively weak body. As the banshee, which used to be S-grade, became S+, the range of its magic ability had expanded to this extent.

“If you are under a spell, there is no need to worry about being attacked by monsters. So, the first thing to do is to deal with the ghosts first. Woo Seo-hyuk, you keep the banshee in check to prevent any more troublesome spells from being used.”

“I understand.”

Woo Seo-hyuk stepped back. When the distance widened enough that the conversation could not be heard, Cheon Sa-yeon started speaking as he used his ability.