Chapter 6

“I understand your plan, but…”

Cha Soo-yeon, who was following me, hesitated, then opened her mouth. “What will you do if it fails?”

“Fail?”

“…Taeheon-ssi.” Cha Soo-yeon made a dissatisfied face. “He may not come to find me.”

“Well,” I answered without hiding the bland expression on my face, “I don’t know. There is a possibility, but it’s rather low. About 10%?”

“What? So, there is a 90% chance that Taeheon-ssi will come?”

“Right.”

I lifted my head and looked up at the building that smelled of cement.

The abandoned building, which had been demolished, was barren. This abandoned building was accidentally discovered by Ha Tae-heon in the novel, and was useful in various situations. For example, catching and interrogating a cannon fodder villain.

The abandoned building was discovered later so the only person who knew of it was me. The first person to find it is the owner.

“…why are you so sure?”

“Pardon?”

Cha Soo-yeon looked at me with complicated eyes as I looked around the abandoned building.

“I’m sorry if you expected it like that, but honestly, I’m not that close with Taeheon-ssi.” Cha Soo-yeon frowned and blushed. “Of course, I love Taeheon-ssi… I think of him like that, but he doesn’t seem to think the same.”

“……”

“I’ve only met him twice in person. I’ll cooperate with you, but I think Taeheon-ssi…”

“Will come.”

It’s not that I don’t understand what Cha Soo-yeon meant. If I hadn’t read the novel, I would never have made a plan like this.

“Even if he doesn’t come, absolutely no harm will come to you, Cha Soo-yeon-ssi. You can hit me with all your anger. We’d need a plausible excuse for the kidnapping to fail anyway.”

“Why are you doing that?”

“I believe in Ha Taeheon-ssi. He will definitely come,” I answered firmly on purpose.

If Cha Soo-yeon became unsure now, it would mean all my efforts were for nothing. With a soft smile, I began to speak so that I could persuade Cha Soo-yeon, “Trust Ha Tae-heon­. Do you think he’d turn away from Cha Soo-yeon-ssi, who is in danger? Absolutely not, in my opinion.”

“……”

“And Ha Tae-heon has already saved Cha Soo-yeon before, right? Ha Tae-heon is that kind of person.”

Cha Soo-yeon’s eyes shook. Cha Soo-yeon, who looked at me with her mouth slightly open, quickly averted her gaze and her ears turned red. I was puzzled by the strange reaction, but I didn’t bother to point it out.

“…Okay.” Cha Soo-yeon nodded her head. “Then what should I do now?”

“Please call Ha Tae-heon. When he answers the phone, tell him to help you. It would be nice if you could pretend to be scared, but… it’s enough if you just say it well.”

“Okay.”

She took her cell phone out of the combat leather jacket she was wearing. Staring at the screen with a nervous expression, she pressed the call button desperately as if she had made up her mind.

Trululu— Trululu—

As the ringing tone got longer, Cha Soo-yeon pursed her lips nervously. Until 20 seconds passed, Ha Tae-heon did not answer the phone. I didn’t show it, but inside I was a little embarrassed. Has he already entered the meeting?