Chapter 69

EPISODE 18. Rank up

Even after Kim Woo-jin’s rampant energy stabilised, he could hardly come to his senses and remained asleep. It was only after a full day had passed that he opened his eyes.

“Uurgh…”

Around 5 a.m., Kim Woo-jin searched for water, groaning. As I stayed seated, waiting for him to wake up, I brought a cup of lukewarm water to his mouth.

Kim Woo-jin, who took the water and drank like a baby bird eating food without knowing who gave it, opened his closed eyes and looked at me.

“…Han Yi-gyeol?”

“Oh.”

Kim Woo-jin, looking surprised, had jolted. I set the empty glass of water on the side table and sat down on the chair next to the bed.

“This is…”

“The medical wing in the guild. You’ve been asleep for two days now.”

“It’s been two days? How come…”

“I heard you collapsed when the surgery was over. Don’t you remember?”

“Fainted…”

Perhaps because Kim Woo-jin had just woken up, his mind was still hazy. After thinking for a while, the guy stuttered, confused, “My body… was a little hot. I thought it was a cold…”

After staring blankly at me for a moment, he wrinkled his eyebrows and grabbed my shoulder.

“Where are you hurt? Are you okay? You wouldn’t stop bleeding—I was afraid something would happen before you got to the hospital…!”

“I’m fine, so calm down.”

Kim Woo-jin’s eyes were red as if they were about to shed tears at any moment. His hand, which was holding my shoulder tightly, trembled.

It reminded me that he had been worried enough about me that his energy had destabilised. I thought he would be even more anxious if I reacted emotionally, so I unbuttoned my shirt while speaking as calmly as possible.

“Here, see for yourself. No scars left, right?”

I unbuttoned my shirt all the way to reveal my wounded side. Kim Woo-jin, who blinked his eyes several times and stared at my body tenaciously, gently swept my waist with a careful touch.

“Are you satisfied now?”

“…mh.”

Only then did Kim Woo-jin breathe a sigh of relief. I buttoned up my shirt again and said, “You’re more of a concern than me. How is your body?”

“It’s okay. Rather, it seems to be lighter than before.”

Perhaps not noticing that his energy had changed, Kim Woo-jin tilted his head with a puzzled expression. There was no need to hold onto the kid, who just woke up, and give complicated explanations.

As I got up from his seat, I pressed Kim Woo-jin’s shoulder firmly. Kim Woo-jin, who was lying down again, opened his eyes and looked up at me.

“Sleep more. I’ll come back with Min Ah-rin-ssi in the morning. You have something to listen to… You will probably be very busy soon.”

“Why? What’s going on?”

“I’ll explain to you when you wake up.”

His unbalanced energy stabilised, but he would need to rest since his body was strained. As I expected, he was tired, but Kim Woo-jin relaxed his body without resisting. He slowly closed his eyes a couple of times and then opened them. Hesitatingly, he said, “Han Yi-gyeol.”