Chapter 54

I looked at him with a frown. What kind of question was that?

“I wasn’t following you; I was trying to save you. Because I have the ability to fly.”

“Then—” Ha Tae-heon took a step closer to me. “—if you didn’t have the ability…”

“……”

“You wouldn’t have followed me down?”

I shut my mouth.

The moment it was confirmed that Ha Tae-heon was falling, my body moved before rational judgment could kick in.

If I hadn’t had the wind ability, would I have acted differently?

I wasn’t even sure about that.

“…what’s the point of such a question? Anyway, I moved with the intention of saving you. Isn’t that enough?”

What did Ha Tae-heon want from me? From the moment I met him in Roheon a few days ago, his subtle and strange attitude kept reappearing.

Even if I wanted to get closer, you got farther away. It seemed to me that even Ha Tae-heon himself couldn’t sort out his confusion.

‘Then why are you doing this? Please, why don’t you make things clear to me.’

I was so frustrated. He was the kind of person who didn’t trust other people. I knew it because I read the novel… It was incredibly uncomfortable for me to go through.

“That’s enough. Now is not the time to talk about it. Let’s find the way out first.”

As I sighed and changed my words, Ha Tae-heon’s expression darkened somewhat. Did I see it wrong? It was so dark I wasn’t sure.

Ha Tae-heon, who created a black sword, passed me by and took the lead. Every time Ha Tae-heon moved, the dust wrapped around him and shimmered. He looked like a princess from a fairy tale with fairies.

I walked along the dark hallway for a while. Ha Tae-heon, who had been quietly walking forward without a word, stopped suddenly.

“What?”

“Something doesn’t feel right. I think we’re going in circles.”

Ha Tae-heon raised his sword and swung it towards the wall. Kagak, deep scratches were left on the wall.

“Do you know how long it’s been since we fell here?”

“About 50 minutes. Give or take.”

“I’m not even sure how many times we’ve wandered in 50 minutes,” I said as I put my hand against the wall.

“Now that we have left traces, let’s walk against the wall. Let’s check if it’s simply a maze or a monster’s ability.”

Ha Tae-heon nodded his head and, like me, stepped forward, leaning against the wall.

It was dark everywhere, so it was not easy for him to make an accurate judgment on which direction he was walking. I dryly swallowed back saliva and focused all my attention on the wall felt against my palm.

‘You shouldn’t be nervous.’

The most important thing in this situation was to remain calm. If you become agitated, you might miss something important.

“…we’re back.”

I felt the traces on the wall that Ha Tae-heon had left before. It took about 15 minutes.

There was nothing we could do about it now.

“How about just breaking down the wall?”

“If you act rashly, you can set off a hidden mechanism.”