Chapter 36

I didn’t want to eat a heavy meal, so I stopped by a fast-food restaurant and bought a hamburger set. Carrying the plastic bag emitting an oily scent, I entered the alley of an old residential area.

In the messy and narrow alley where darkness fell, only the old street lamps shone.

“It reminds me of the old days…”

A long time ago, I moved to a similar place when I had just started working.

‘I think it’s around here.’

It was difficult to find the correct location because the address plates on each house were missing or broken. As I wandered the alley for a long time, I heard a man shouting.

“You bastard, you stop there!”

A person appeared on the other side as I heard a box fall.

I stopped to see what was going on. The man who was running away was caught by the man who was following him and rolled roughly on the street.

“Kim Woo-jin, you punk, you’re just a pitiful bastard that they felt sorry for, so why are you making such a big fuss? Huh?”

“Fuck, let go!”

Watching the high-energy chase that was taking place, I frowned at the name Kim Woo-jin. As I approached a few steps, I could see the face of the person caught in the streetlight.

‘It really is Kim Woo-jin.’

The corner of his mouth was torn as if he had already been beaten once, and the side of his face was red. The man who gripped Kim Woo-jin, who was struggling, raised his chubby cheeks to the fullest extent and laughed sarcastically.

“How long do you think you’re going to last? You were all high and mighty after a guild accepted you even with your lackluster ability, fuckin’…”

“Ggh…” Kim Woo-jin, who was glaring at the man through his sweat-drenched red hair, gritted his teeth and said, “Fuck off, goddamn. Even if you give me a few thousand, I won’t go, so unhand me!”

“Cocky little bastard.”

The man rolled up the sleeves of his silk shirt and clenched his fists. I could tell his fists were bigger than Kim Woo-jin’s face with just a glance.

“Let’s see if you’re still so uppity when you’ve been beaten ‘til you can’t breathe.”

Kim Woo-jin’s eyes shook unsteadily. As I watched up to there, I sighed and raised my ability. Huuk, my body quickly jumped forward.

“You’re going to die today—gu-hgh!”

The man, who was hit on the shoulder by my foot, flew to the side. Kim Woo-jin, who had tightly closed his eyes in preparation for his pain, looked surprised.

“Ha-Han Yi-gyeol?”

“Yeah.”

“You—you bastard, who do you think you are!” The man who had been suddenly attacked staggered and stood up.

I said bluntly, “A passerby.”

“You pass by to wherever  you’re going then, fuck you, why are you interrupting me!”

Oh. I corrected my answer.

“Actually, I’m his colleague.”

“What?”

The man with a wrinkled expression shouted in a voice full of anger, “Are you saying you’re a guild member? How dare an ability user touch a commoner? I’ll report you to the Requiem Guild immediately—”