Chapter 59

While caught off guard by the sudden attack, Park Geon-ho said, smiling, “Haha, entering the gate is no joke. Wouldn’t it be better to take trustworthy members?”

“But Team Leader Park Geon-ho is not very trustworthy. On the contrary, his easily excitable self is a source of anxiety for me.”

“Easily excitable… You’re talking too rudely. If I really was like that, Secretary Woo Seo-hyuk wouldn’t be standing the way he is right now.”

“I would like to say the same to you. Appreciate my deep patience.”

I glanced at Park Geon-ho and Woo Seo-hyuk, who never backed down, and took a step back. Kim Woo-jin also came close to me and gave me a tired look.

I thought they just didn’t have a good relationship, but they really did have a hostile relationship. It was worse than I thought.

“Stop,” Cheon Sa-yeon, who was watching Park Geon-ho’s and Woo Seo-hyuk’s sullen faces, said. “There will be no change in the team. You both should know why without me having to explain. The gate would’ve normally been enough for one S-rank.”

“Tch…”

“Yessir.”

Park Geon-ho clicked his tongue as if dissatisfied, and Woo Seo-hyuk quietly nodded. I thought it was over, but Cheon Sa-yeon turned his attention to me.

“And Han Yi-gyeol.”

“……?”

What. What about me.

“Get ready to enter the gate. It’s the Area N23 gate.”

“I beg your pardon?”

What the hell was going on? Startled, I said to Cheon Sa-yeon, “Why am I suddenly going there? I’m not going!”

Park Geon-ho and Woo Seo-hyuk already fought when they made eye contact!

Whether it was because he found my reaction funny or not, Cheon Sa-yeon, who had been making an inscrutable expression the entire time, bent the corners of his eyes and smiled brightly.

“Who told you to come when called over like that?”

“What…”

“Team Leader Park Geon-ho even knows your number.”

“Well, that’s—”

“Come to think of it, there was an article saying that you’re close to Roheon’s Deputy Master.”

“That…”

“Master, are you jealous?” Park Geon-ho intervened with an interested look on his face.

Shut up! I pushed away Park Geon-ho’s strong forearm and said, “What the hell does that have to do with the gate?”

“So you’re not going?”

“Of course, I’m not…!”

I was about to reply ‘I’m not going’, but suddenly an ominous feeling ran through my heart. I slowly looked at Cheon Sa-yeon’s smiling face.

The corners of his lips rose softly. His black eyes stared straight at me. He was testing what answer I would give.

If I seriously refused, our partnership would probably be terminated.

“…I’ll go. I’m going. Are you satisfied?”

When I forcefully answered while gritting my teeth, Cheon Sa-yeon gave me a satisfied smile. That son of a bitch.

“I will go too, Master.”

While swearing at Cheon Sa-yeon inwardly, Kim Woo-jin opened his mouth behind my back. I looked back at him in surprise.