00. Beginning Anew.

Amille Laurent.

I had doubts about this, I mean seriously, I had doubts about this, moving, moving to a new place, meeting new people, it all seemed like a hassle and I didn't want to go through that, often people who move from place to place tend not to like it, I have never moved before so my doubt in it isn't valid or accurate but I just hate it. "Don't worry kiddo, we'll be there in no time." Yeah, in no time, he's said that the past four hours and I'm sure we were nowhere near the place we're going to.

"Oh come on, I know that frown, you're probably telling yourself about how I've said that for the past, —how long has it been?" He asked again and I rolled my eyes. "Aha, —its been four hours!" He shrieked and I groaned, glaring at him. "Sorry, sorry, —I hadn't realized we've been driving that long, sorry kiddo, wanna take a break, take a leak, anything?" He asked and I just sighed. "You're probably tired and cranky, and annoyed." Worlds best father everyone, he's listing all the things I feel while I sit in the back with a phone that's no longer entertaining, I've finished the books I was reading, and the music has become annoying.

"Welcome to Bridgeton, city of many things apparently." My dad stated as I looked outside in awe, the city wasn't large but the buildings, the architecture, it was breath taking, I already wanted to explore this new concrete jungle, see what mysteries were waiting for me. "Told you, — see I never sold you lies." Dad justifies how he convinced me to this whole moving trip by selling how beautiful the place was, I've got to admit, it was pretty darn great. "I can admit that you were right." I typed on my tablet, the text to speech app then outputting the audio via bluetooth into the car. "Right, one point for me, now lets see what you think about our new home." He boasted and I just kept ny face neutral, he knew what that meant, I was waiting to be surprised.

All my life I'd lived it with my dad, he adopted me when I was a baby, it's always been just the two of us, he's had love interests before, both male and female considering he was a werewolf, they never specified on their wants, just loved, anyway, we lived in the Alscender pack, looked after by the Dante family, and all my life there, I've had it good, well mostly, I've had bad days, and horrible days to worst days growing up, but in a community that was as open as the pack and loving, I always had enough support to pull me through, that's one of the reasons why I wasn't happy about moving, I was leaving all I knew behind, but dad and I were a team, he'd never found his mate, I was human so that wasn't a possibility for me.

He always proclaims that he's fine with being by himself and raising his amazing kid, but his amazing kid will grow up one day, and I worry he'll be alone, it's why even when he doesn't want a mate, I hope he actually gets one, I don't want to worry about my cry baby dad, even if he's 6'6 and packing muscle with the ability to bench press a car, I still worry, as for me, I've had feelings before, I never got to a point of confessing them to any body whom they were directed to, I was always and still am conscious of my skin colour, my dad says it doesn't matter, and yes I believe him because we both have the same skin tone, only that I'm a little lighter than he is, but it's still that mocha hue that people can't help point out even in a lovely compliment, such lovely light golden skin, I wish mine was like that, yeah you don't know what it means to be black.

"Sweetheart we're here." Dad calls out as we park in front of a large two story home, white picket fence with a bit of an overgrown hedge, the house itself was painted a light blue, the columns were a deep set grey, the large door was solid mahogany or oak, I couldn't determine but the dirty brown colour was vanished over nicely. "So what do you think?" Dad asked as he put his hand over my shoulder bringing me closer to him, he had that habit, he thought I'd disappear at any moment, he was overprotective, like most wolves.

"Could use a solid trim on the lawn, the fence needs fixing, and that hedge, I might need more gardening tools if that's what the back looks like, and the house needs a coat of paint, and maybe we're good." As you might've guessed, I signed all of that, you see I was born with mutism, the rest of my senses worked perfectly, I just couldn't speak, dad tried multiple surgeries when I was younger until we both decided that I could love and live normally with my impairment. "Yeah you're right, let's check out the inside." He suggested and I nodded happily. "Dont you dare think I don't notice that grin on your face, you like the house, huh." He teased. "Maybe." I replied and he chuckled.

"Whoa, it's a whole other story in here, I really wanted the open floors and we've got them, large lounge, large dining room and definitely a big kitchen, I didn't forget, I ordered new appliances too don't worry." He explained and now I was happy with the house. We explored the house, the office, game room, the extra bedroom on the ground floor. Upstairs with the bedroom of my dreams, I was really happy with my bedroom, the other three rooms were the master bedroom for dad, thank goodness its sound proof, and two spares. "I know you wanted a den in the basement, so I have a proposal since we have a lot of space in there, how about we divide it, make three parts, the wash room, storage then den, of course you can design it." He offered and I tapped my finger on my chin.

"Throw in a flat screen tv and we're good." I bargained. "Nope, not happening, you broke the last one." He protested and I pouted. "It was an accident." I tried but he raised an eyebrow questioning my excuse. "A flower vase was lodged inside the damn thing, what kind of accident is that?" He demanded and I looked away with my cheeks flushed. "In my defence I didn't know the vase would lodge itself in like that." I signed and he scoffed. "Of all the things you've told me about your incident, that is the most ridiculous one, still not getting the tv, unless you earn the money to buy one." He exclaimed and my eyes shined in anticipation of another offer.

"I'll think of something later." He added and I deflated rolling my eyes. "I'm not sorry." He exclaims and I rush over to him as he puts both feet on the landing of the basement door and jump onto his back. I proceed to slightly wringing his neck which he just scoffs. "I'm still not sorry, now come on we have bags to unload." He asserts and I sigh into his back. I was conceding defeat for the battle, not the war. "So excited about school?" He asks as I hop back onto the ground once we were by the car. I didn't know how I felt about school, I didn't want to be the new social pariah, I was already a special case, I didn't want to be labelled as one, I already knew what I was, I was the literal definition of different, gay, mute and of colour.

"I'm not looking forward to it." I sighed as I grabbed one of my bags. "The luna assured me that the pack kids here are great, plus it's only for senior year, soon enough you'll be applying for varsity at Bridgedale, that's the varsity you wanted wasn't it." He stated and I nodded. We weren't just moving to the city, we were joining the pack here, the Sunspear pack, I didn't know much about them or the alpha family, but dad did, that's how he was able to get accepted with myself in tow easily, and why we got the house easily and how he'd gotten a job as a bank manager in the city easily. I really hadn't asked much on the topic of Sunspear since I had been busy protesting not to move, until we did, now I was stuck clueless, oh well, knowledge is gained by those who seek, I will seek knowledge when I wasn't hungry.

"Oh my goodness you're here, Calvin, let me see you honey!" Here we go, the lady who was now trying to hug my dad shrieked giddily as they embraced each other, I felt I should've known these people, but I was clueless, here goes nothing.

Howling Love.

This book is the first one in the Sunspear Pack series, it takes place during the time Jude is alpha in the Hollow Creek, so before Xander is alpha if you've read my other books.

Saint Jay.