07.

Camryn Summer.

To be fair, I mean who could resist him, he's the cutest little thing you could find, with those full lips he makes into a duck face when he's trying to seem all important and sassy, his now multicolor dyed hair, and with all his sassy remarks, Dean was right, from the first moment I met Amille Laurent, I was whipped, he made my otherwise lazy wolf yip and act like a puppy whining for attention, he intentionally or unintentionally  made me smile, either was fine by me because he was fine, I didn't care if he couldn't talk, used his phone to do it, I'd seen him all throughout this week despite me avoiding him, I had been a creep watching him, I was actually familiar with a few phrases he mostly used when he spoke in sign language.

Yes, yes —I had watched him to that extent, and now having been lectured into talking to him, I wondered how such a small little thing blew up like a bomb when he was mad, he could have the world with cuteness honestly. Holding his hand was magic, it fit right into mine, I liked holding it, I liked how soft and tiny it was, delicate compared to mine, it somehow made my wolf even happier to have him there, he was gorgeous. "Do you even know where you're going?" He asked as I was driving deeper into pack land, then I realized I had no idea where I was going. "I thought so, follow the gps." He instructed. "Got it duck face, you know, one of these days you're going to have to treat me with the slightest hint of trust in my intelligence." I stated and I knew that smile as he typed.

"When you start behaving like you're intelligent, I will." He retorted and I gasped slightly looking at him and that smug grin. "So if I'm that daft, you'll be my brains right, you'll always be by my side to think for both of us." I exclaimed and he snickered. "You're not roping me in with that, I am not going to be the belt to your pants, that's a lot of work." He protested. "You're the smart one." I whined a little. "I never said I was, and besides, if you want me that close to you, you need more game than that." He retorted and that statement alone felt like a burn on my game.

"I've got good game!" I argued loudly as he chuckled, the gps signalled we had arrived and he smiled my way  then pressed his phone. "Not right now you don't." He inserted and my jaw dropped whilst he sassily got out of the car. "Hey I've got good game, that was nothing, don't walk away!" I argued as I grabbed some of my stuff from my car, locked it and hurriedly jogged toward him. "You're showing a lack of basic manners too." He pointed out and I scoffed. "I don't care, you have to admit that what you interpreted was wrong." I still argued as he opened the door with a key card. "Nope, so let it rest boy scout." He asserted and all I could do was grumble. "I'll show you good game." I muttered lowly as he just chuckled leading the way.

"Dad I'm home!" I heard him call out well his phone but you get it. "Kitchen honey!" His dad called back as he led me to the kitchen. "Hey sweetie, and oh you must be Camryn, I've heard well relatively something about you." He addressed me warmly, it felt nice, he felt nice, like a really cool mom yet he was male. "I hope all good things, duck —Amille can't be trusted." Yes I almost slipped up in my response. "All good things don't worry, and yes my son is quite the handful." He replied with a chuckle as Amille glared at me. "Dont be like that, it's only been a week and everyone knows you're a demanding little devil, don't blame him." He signed but said the words out loud for me, I could tell.

"I don't care, he's the one who can't get away with it." Amille responded and I rolled my eyes. "Why me short stack." I questioned and he narrowed his eyes on me. "Will you stop calling me that, in front of my dad too." He argued pointedly. "You call me a neanderthal all the time." I shot back and he groaned whilst his dad just laughed. "I see you two have gotten along pretty great, I was worried he wouldn't make any friends but that's changed, I hope on sunday you'll be here, we're having a family barbecue, I already invited Maxine her family and the boys, you were the only one left." He extended the invite and I gladly accepted with a nod. "Great, such a good kid, right Amille." He stated and I was very proud of myself.

As Amille rolled his eyes. "Yeah, right—." He replied and we could both tell that response wasn't jovial. "Okay, so show him around the house, make yourself comfortable Camryn, I hope you're staying for dinner." He addressed both Amille and I. "I sure hope so, since short stack over there seems surprised." I teased and Amille glared at me. "Hey, leave me alone." He protested grabbing a bowl of snacks and juice. "No can do, but I'd love to stay for dinner mister Laurent." I told him with a smile. "Oh such a good boy, I'll make you my special ravioli and you can call me Calvin." He announced and I nodded with a grin.

"Honey be nice." He chided Amille who signed a response, I really needed to take a class for that, and my wolf was actually in support, it would be easier to talk to him rather than have him on his phone a lot of the time. "So this is the lounge, my dad designed it, of course I helped, then the dining room, obviously you saw the kitchen, come I'll show you the game room then my studio." He began his tour and I saw the vast difference between his house and mine, ours was beautiful yes, my mother liked clean and decisive colours, the home I was in was vastly different.

The walls had warm colors, different shades and petal patterns that made me chuckle as I traced my fingers on them. "I painted those the day before yesterday." Amille suddenly stated and I was surprised, he really was good, the texture, the gradient, of course I didn't know much about art but the little I did made me know and realize that Amille was ridiculously talented, it felt machine made. "You like that, you'll like my studio." He boasted as he led the way to the last door on the right of the hallway we were in. "Don't mind that." He quickly stated as something about the half covered painting caught my eye. "I wanna see." I told him and walked over to the painting. "No you don't." He argued.

"Duck face move or I'll throw you over my shoulder and move with you." I warned and he made that duck face defiantly making me scoff. I grabbed him with one arm, since he couldn't actually scream he hurled tiny fists to my back. "Come on my little brother can hit harder than that." I taunted as I pulled away the cloth covering the painting and I gasped, he also stopped massaging me with fists. It was a painting of me, it felt so real, the detail was astonishing since he put it in colour, I remembered the day I had been fixing the car I was testing out, I'd brought it to school, it had an oil leak so some of it spilled on my hands, but then to capture this, it left me stunned.

He had captured me actually fixing the car but then I didn't have the car on school property later that day, I just got on school premises to clean the oil off. "How did you—." I was still shocked. He maneuvered himself into my hold one hand on his back, whilst his arms hung on my neck, legs around my waist. He grabbed his phone and typed with one hand. "I saw the car in the morning, then saw you with oily hands in the afternoon, wasn't hard to put two and two together, and I kind of guessed you're a cars kind of guy." He explained and I was in awe. How special can someone get.

"Wait you guessed I liked cars, seriously." I asked and he nodded with a chuckle. "And besides you have a camshaft and a spark plug tattoo on your arm, dead give away really." He retorted and I couldn't help laugh. "You are one of a kind duck face." I whispered with a smile, then we both looked at each other, the urge to kiss him undeniable but then, it was way too early. So he cleared his throat and I awkwardly put him down.  So we just stood there, I held his hand in mine. "Thank you, it's beautiful." I told him and he nodded with a smile I knew held more emotion than anything he'd ever tell me.

"Sorry to interrupt, but dinner is ready." Calvin, Amille's dad announced as we turned abruptly, I still held his hand and for sure Amille was blushing. "Come on, my dad's ravioli is the best." He quickly announced with his phone as he dragged me off past his dad, it felt nice how he didn't slip away his hold but kept it there, it was nice.

Howling Love.

Vote + Follow + Share + Comment.

Saint Jay.