17.

Camryn Summer.

"Where are they?!" I called out desperately. "Where is he dad?" I demanded, the party had been off to an extremely rocky start, I had found my mother telling Amille, in fact accusing him of something he never did, which made me angry, luckily his heart was kind, he didn't let it get to him and everything was normal, we were okay, bantering like always. I had enjoyed being around the people I was close to, my family, my siblings and my friends, until the time came and I couldn't find him, I hadn't even noticed that he was gone until I couldn't see him nestled next to his dad during the time I was cutting the cake.

His father was gone, his uncle was gone, and in my panicked frenzy everyone stopped, my father tried to reassure me that they were fine, probably trying to avoid a situation. I knew what he meant, he didn't want a scene where Amille turned out not being my mate, so they had excused themselves but I knew that wasn't it, I knew it wasn't. So I sent my beta and friend to look for them but they couldn't find them. "Something is wrong, this is unlike Calvin or my mate." Amille's aunt stated as she too was panicking. My phone vibrated in my pocket, it was an alarm, it was midnight and I was eighteen, I wondered how I would feel, how it would feel when I turned eighteen and found my mate.

It felt like a tug, a pull toward his scent, I could see it all pass through my eyes, as he moved away from the group with his dad, his panic, his fear, I could see him as he ran to his uncle and brought him back to where his dad was, I crouched down to where the chair was, alcohol, food, but what stuck out was blood and wolfsbane but not just the bane, something else. "Camryn, what did you find?" My father asked as I stood up ignoring him, and ran.

There wasn't a bone in my body that denied it, as my wolf sang in joy, howled to the moon Goddess in praise, there was no doubt in my mind as I ran up the stairs, grabbed my keys and made no move to stop for anything. Amille Laurent was my mate, and he needed me. "Camryn what's going on?!" My mother yelled but I pushed past her and ran to the garage, I didn't stop, I had to get to him, I had to find him. I would never love another, want another, since the day I met him, I was content with him and now even the Goddess stood to the affirmation of what I felt, he was mine and I was his, I drove my car right through the garage door and didn't look back. "Camryn!" I could hear my parents scream but I didn't care.

If his father was sick then there was only one place they would go, the pack infirmary, it was closest, so I sped toward it, not caring if I was on the wrong lane, bypassed traffic or caused an accident behind me, he was it for me and this was nothing to what I would go through to be with him. A howl broke through the air, so strong, so wild and primal, it was my father, I could feelit. "Keep going Camryn, we'll follow you." I heard my beta, my friend Orlando speak through the link, despite my thoughts focused on only one thing, at least he broke through and I hit the gas, I was on the edge, with a quarter tank full, driving like a maniac through the pack.

I swerved and screeched to stop right by the infirmary doors, climbed out of my car and ran, past the doors, past the nurse's station. "Alpha, alpha please stop!" One of the doctors tried to get in my way but my wolf wouldn't have it, I pushed him away making him fly backward toward the nurse's station, I could only hope he was fine, I would apologize later, I didn't need directions to get to him, I could feel him, his sadness, his pain, his scent, all of him, I could feel. Running up the stairs wasn't in the least bit exhausting because the closer I got, the more I felt the need to forge on until I got to the fourth floor, where I knew he was. "Amille!" I knew I sounded more wolf than human, as he snapped his head toward me, I could see tears well up in his eyes as his uncle let him go and he turned to me with a smile.

Time didn't slow down enough, as I crashed into him and I engulfed him in my arms, he was my all, he was my everything and I would never want another, I would kill for him, I would defend him, I would lay down my life to make sure he lived, that he was happy, that he was safe. "Mate, I give you my life, my love, I give you my heart, I will stand by you, and never let you go until the day we die and we are reborn in the next life, I will be yours and you'll be mine." I mumbled as we both broke down and cried, he was my mate, Amille Laurent was my mate and I would always be grateful to the Goddess for him.

"Goddess, Amille, Camryn!" I could faintly hear them, our friends, our family, but I'm sure his uncle stopped them, this was our moment, and I appreciated it however long it lasted.

My wolf finally calmed down and I could properly think, after a while, I had always seen Amille but after knowing he was my mate, solidifying that by holding him, as our hearts seemed to beat as one, I finally truly saw him, he was beautiful. "Are you okay?" I asked him after our long silence. "I feel better." He replied in sign as I took his hand in mine. "How is he?" I questioned and his face fell. "The doctors said he was lucky we got him here early or he would've died, there's poison in his system, a variation created with wolfsbane, they're attempting to pump it out of him now, so we're waiting, but they did assure us that he wouldn't die." He explained as I hugged him again. "He's going to be okay, he's your dad, I haven't met Superman but he comes pretty close." I comforted as a smile came onto his lips and he nodded, I was relieved to know my now father in law wouldn't die but the question was how did he get poisoned and by who.

"Hey guys." I finally turned to our family who all had sad smiles on their faces. "Oh I'm so happy for you too." Maxine was the first as she moved to hug us both. "Luna Amille!" Tej let out a war cry before crashing into us as did Orlando making all of us fall to the floor laughing. "You idiots, get off!" Maxine accosted as she too laughed. "Now I can finally tease you without a care!" She announced making Amille blush even more hiding in the crook of my neck. "Aww so precious." She cooed as we finally stood up. "He's gonna be okay, we just need to be patient." We all heard beta Kyra tell his mate, and it finally caught up to us again, despite being happy, the one person we needed to truly be happy, wasn't here and we needed him here.

"He's my brother, he wouldn't go without a fight but I just hope this procedure goes well." She responded as Amille and I walked toward her. "Oh my baby, it's gonna be okay, we're here with you alright." She reassured Amille in a hug, somehow I was grateful they were here, that Amille had these people around him to support him. "She's right shortstack, he's gonna be alright." I supported as my father barely held together marched from the stairs and beta Kyra made him divert to the side so they could talk. "Boys, go home get some things for Amille, and I, and I'm sure Camryn too." My mate's aunt instructed as Amille laid his head on my shoulder and I held him even closer as we sat by the comfortable chairs in the hallway, it was going to be a long excruciating wait but I would be here for him, Calvin wasn't just his dad anymore, he was mine too.

Howling Love.

Thoughts?

Saint Jay.