22.

Amille Laurent.

I don't remember much after I passed out, probably from the blood loss, the pain and exhaustion, I really needed to get back to training, if alpha Lincoln was there he would've beaten me half to death for making a mess of killing that rogue, it made me chuckle in my own inner thoughts, yet as the darkness subsided, I knew I wasn't dead, I was very much alive, warm, comfortable with the sting of too much lemon and lavender sanitizer in my nose, but above all, a large hand held my own, it was familiar, it was home.

My eyes fluttered open, the sting of too much light causing me to flinch and close them again until I could flutter them open readjusted to the light, machines beeping, slow steady breathing and my own heartbeat hammering away in my chest brought me calm as my eyes found Camryn, he looked tired, pale and I'm sure it was because he was worried about, having had the feeling back in my body, I squeezed his hand and he roused awake with a slight gasp. "Amille, you're awake." He mumbled in relief as his eyes found mine and he cried, enveloped me in his arms and cried, and so did I, I had thought I'd lost him too, before our happy ever after even began.

"I'm so sorry, I should've been looking, I shouldn't have looked away, I should've protected you, —forgive me Amille." He begged as tears fell down his cheeks, I couldn't say anything but I quickly moved to wipe away his tears, when the rogues attacked, he took on the bulk of them alone, he had gone through more than I did, and in the end I may have fought a nasty piece of rogue wolf but he had protected me, he had kept me safe, so I did the one thing to assure him that I did forgive, but there was nothing to forgive, I kissed him, it was slow, until it wasn't when we both registered what was happening and so we kissed, passionately, a reassurance that didn't need words, tenderly until we had to break apart for air.

So he grabbed the jug of water, poured some for me and I drank, but my thirst was already quenched by that kiss, I may have been waking up with a level head but my world was spinning, that kiss, I would always remember. "You protected me much more than you think, there is nothing to forgive, I'm only sorry that I worried you, so don't beg me to forgive you Camryn, there is nothing to forgive, you did nothing wrong, I'm here, we're here, alive and safe, thanks to you." I told him sincerely as he nodded with a goofy smile and made a move to hug me again. "I'm so happy you're awake, we've all been worried, your aunt actually drugged your dad so he could rest." He informed me with a snort and that made me realize a lot if things.

I passed out whilst we were hours away from Bridgeton, how was I back, how was my dad okay, how was I even here, what had happened. "Calm down duckface, I'll explain everything, or he will." Camryn calmed me instantly as the door to my room swung open and the one person I hadn't expected to see walked through, behind him, all of my family. "Finally woke your ass up, huh." Carter Defray Lynn stated with a chuckle as my jaw dropped, he was here, how was he here. "Hello my love." Dad whispered as both he and Carter hugged me and I couldn't help cry, one of my favourite people in the world and my father were hugging me, they were here for me, it felt like a dream yet it wasn't.

"Don't you ever do that to us again." Orlando chided sternly as after Carter and my dad separated from me, he, Tej, Max and Dean all crushed me in their hugs, when they left my uncle got me all to himself and placed kisses all over me. "My favourite nephew, you're alright, why would you give me a heart attack." Dramatic as ever, my aunt was last to hug me then my uncle all over again making everyone chuckle. "Alright everyone, lets give him some space, I'll give him a quick check up then we can all fill him in on the week he's been unconscious." Carter asserted and everyone listened, well except my mate who Carter just nodded to and did my check up.

"Your vitals seem good, your back wounds and your arms are healing rather nicely, I placed that sab we made together, you won't even know there were claws marks there." He explained with a motherly chuckle, it was so warm and loving, that's who Carter was, everyone couldn't resist being around him, and Goddess he was beautiful. "So how long do I need to be in here?" I asked using sign language and he sighed with crooked smile. "A week give or take, your leg is healing great with the accelerant, —but if you had been mated, I wouldn't even be recommending these few days before you're discharged." He slyly replied making me blush as he winked toward my mate. "Carter!" Dad protested earning laughter from everyone and Camryn who just kissed my hand making me melt, Goddess I had fallen in love with him.

"What, —we all know its true, anyway two days in the hospital, then you can go home, in a cast, your leg should be fully healed in two weeks, but you keep applying the accelerant, a week and half but I know you, you'd rather it just heal without." He added and he still knew me so well but with my need to get better, I might just take the accelerant maybe this one time. So I nodded to his assessment and he clapped happily.  "Now, everyone lets fill him in but first Camryn, tell your mate what happened, we'll wait outside." Dad exclaimed and I was grateful for the moment of peace before I was bombarded with everything.

"I'm so happy you're okay." Dad whispered, placing a kiss on my forehead then walked out closing the door behind him. "I don't know where to begin, maybe after I grabbed you and put you in the car, all my first aid training came pouring back into my head, I used the bandages and our clothes to put pressure on your wounds, then reset your broken leg, used a lot of bandages and sticks to make a makeshift cast so it would stay in place, there was so much blood, I was terrified but then when I realized a lot of it wasn't your own, I breathed a sigh of relief but it wasn't enough, you had lost a good amount of blood, I drove back like a maniac, I'm pretty sure I caused more accidents—." He chuckled sadly and I squeezed his hand to reassure him, I was there and I was okay.

"I didn't know what to do, your dad needed help, you needed help, then I remembered you mentioned Carter before we left, so I took your phone, glad I knew the password—." He paused, my password was actually his name. "Searched through your contacts and found Carter's number, when it connected I was an hour away from Bridgeton, I told him everything that had happened and for sure he promised to come right then, two hours after I arrived he was also speeding to the hospital, he took control of the situation, the doctors here had you stabilized but you were fading in and out of consciousness, I had also failed to see that your should was dislocated, but it was an easy fix with Carter, he made the healing solution for you and your dad plus the accelerant, I had never seen any one whip up a healing drug that quickly but he did, and he saved both of you." Camryn concluded and I was at a loss for words.

I was grateful for Carter, healing me and dad wasn't all that grand, but being able to drive from where we were to Bridgeton after having fought those rogues, Camryn had been a true hero, to me and I'm sure dad felt the same. So I pulled him in and kissed him all over again, my truest thank you. "Thank you." I signed whilst wiping away my own tears, without him, without his quick thinking my dad wouldn't be awake or happy neither would it be the same for me. "You're my mate Amille, I would go through any trial to make sure you're alright." He whispered back as a mutual understanding passed between us, one that needed no words.

He finally filled me in on the rest of the week which was uneventful as everyone was baiting their breaths as for when I would wake up, I was glad to be awake, to have my father awake. So with more than an hour of me and Camryn bonding, I patted the space next to me so he could rest, I was here now, I was safe, he could rest easy. "Hmm, good job making him sleep, he wouldn't move from your side, and we only succeeded once in getting him to fall asleep, he's extremely strong, and with maturity I'm sure he'll be a rival for even alpha Savage Heathen." Carter stated as he walked in and I smiled, then looked at my mate, I knew the first time I saw how monstrous his wolf was, he would be a great alpha.

"So how have you been, tell me everything, your calls are never enough and now I know why and what is up with alpha Summer, when I met him with your dad all I could feel was a literal explosion of love." He began just as dad walked in, Carter was a gifted wolf, an empath, which made his sort of a rarity, so no wonder he could feel alpha Summer's love for my dad. "We'll talk later, I know you got tea for me." He whispered with a wink my way and I chuckled. "Up to your mischief already I see." Dad teased as Carter gasped feigning shock. "Me, never." He argued as dad came over and sat on my side of the bed. "I'm so proud of you, you risked everything for me." He exclaimed and I hugged him, I would always risk it all for him, he was my dad. "You're grounded for the next month." He added, what!

HOWLING LOVE

Vote + Follow + Comment + Share

Saint Jay.