01.

Amille Laurent.

I'd said this before, I should've know more, now I was being hugged and patted on the back by another obnoxiously large wolf who could break me easily, he had introduced himself as Kyra, the shrieking lady was his mate Bonnie, she was my aunt, whilst he was what we all assumed my uncle, aunt Bonnie was the one with the biological link to dad, since they were siblings but I had no idea till now that my father actually had family here. "Easy on the pats Kyra." Dad chides as he pulls me away from the not so gentle giant, his olive skin was tanned a bit, with piercing obsidian eyes that really caused one to question if they ever wanted to cross this man.

"He's not fragile Calvin let him see his nephew, you never told us he's so grown up, look at you so beautiful, argh, —those curls are to die for." She gushed over me and I just smiled as she hugged, and shook me in excitement. "Bonnie calm down, let him breathe." Dad also intervened and I was so grateful as he pulled me to his side protectively. "Sorry, it's just you never actually let us see your son, only pictures when he was a kid, then you stopped, which I am angry at you for but just seeing you here, finally, —I'm so happy." She expressed and was now crying in dad's arms, I wondered what kind of emotional trip she was on, she had been very excited just now, the switch flipped she's bawling her eyes out.

"She's very emotional, a very very emotional person, she was worse when she was pregnant." Kyra explained with a chuckle and I found myself understanding what he meant, I didnt reply which was why Kyra frowned I was sure. "You good?" My father asked his sister who nodded with a smile. "Sorry, I guess I just had it all pent up." She apologized and I understood that even more, I tended to bottle things up when I was in my early teens, until I started talking to my father about it and he helped me through it, bottling things up tended to have a very bad outcome for everyone and yourself involved, I learned the hard way.

"Dad, I'm cold, I don't mind the reunion, can we just do it inside." I suggested and he nodded. "Yeah you're right it's getting chilly." He agreed but not speaking and signing had my aunt and uncle perplexed. "Before you ask, he's capable of everything, he just cant voice out anything." Dad immediately explained. "Oh, so that's why you—." Kyra began but before he finished I nodded, I knew he was referring to the statement he made I didn't reply. "Well that's alright, I guess we have to learn sign language to understand you, something new, great." Aunt Bonnie excitedly exclaimed and I chuckled, she really was her own kind.

"Sorry the house is still covered in boxes, someone didn't want to leave anything behind, if he could've boxed the windows, he would've." Dad asserted and I narrowed my eyes on him, quickly went to find my tablet, text to speech came in handy with more people around. "I didn't want to leave anything behind, you left a quarter of your stuff, then realized one of the boxes you left was important now the movers charged you for it." I shot back and my aunt along with uncle both laughed. "Yeah atleast I didn't pack a whole box of stuffed animals." He teased and I grabbed Bunny from his clutches. "Leave my bunny alone." I glared at him whilst our guests laughed.

"Goddess you two really are father and son, only you would have a sassy kid." Bonnie laughed as she and dad went into the kitchen probably to start on dinner. "Want to see the game room or my book collection?" I asked my uncle killing the awkward tension. "Let's see the gamer consoles and I'll beat you at any of the games." He challenged and I grinned. "You're on." I replied with my tablet leading the way to the game room. "Hmm, your dad outdid himself with this game room." He complimented and I smiled nodding, the best thanks I could give. Soon enough we were playing table tennis on the large two way screen.

"Ha I won!" He cheered as the first round finished, we started again and the next round I won and cheered with a dance of my own, virtual table tennis got boring as we were tied  six six, so we decided to race, and I eventually won, the reason why dad wont let me drive his car, I always end up speeding. "You're not bad kid." Uncle Kyra compliments as aunt and my dad both walked into the game room. "Not even a day here and I've already lost you to our nephew." She sighed dramatically. "It's not like that babe, well almost not like it, he likes games, pretty good gamer too, I'm sure he loves gardening too meaning we have more in common, if he cooks as great as you, maybe you'll have something to bond over with too." Kyra exclaimed as aunt Bonnie looked to me with hopeful eyes.

"Come, dinner is ready and yeah, he can cook better than me." Dad stated inbetween a chuckle making my aunt squeal. "Oh boy." Dad sighed as we all sat at the large dining room table. "This looks delicious." Kyra commented after Dad said grace. "It's southern style cuisine, it's supposed to look and taste delicious." I answered earning chuckles from everyone. "I'm actually sorry your cousins couldn't come Amille, they've had pack training all week long then catching up with school, it's been crazy." Bonnie stated apologetically and I waved it off. "Can you fight Amille?" Kyra asked and I nodded with a smile.

I was alpha Lincoln's special student meaning he just trained me harder than everyone else, one time I broke both my legs, it took a lot of healing serum to have them heal normally, after they healed, he broke my arms again in about four months, I healed and he drilled me even harder, in the end, it toughened me up, it's why I wasn't easily terrified by wolves as a human, I was trained to kill with much more precision and skill, I'd always be grateful to alpha Lincoln for that. "So maybe one day you'll join us." He stated but dad made a growling sound, he was overprotective. "He is not going to be fighting anyone, he'll be studying, then go to varsity, become an IT major or what was that other one?" He asked. "Architecture." I signed. "Yes, architecture and graduate, to live his best life." He corrected and I just ate.

"Oh well, who knows what the future may hold, maybe you'll join us too." Kyra winked at my dad who rolled his eyes diffused of his outburst. The dinner went well as aunt Bonnie and my uncle helped me understand a lot more about the pack, the school, the city. I had an inkling that my uncle wasn't just an ordinary wolf, he was the beta of the pack, it made sense now why we were easily accepted. Anyway after dinner as dad spoke with my aunt I was bonding with my uncle. "Don't worry so much about school tomorrow, I'll have your cousins look out for you, if you have any trouble just text me, or find me I'll sort it out, I probably need to start learning your language huh." He stated and I shrugged. "Not really, I always have my tablet and a spare phone for it with me." I replied and he frowned.

"I still want to either way." He chuckled and I smiled, the giant of a wolf wasn't so bad. As the night went on I had to say good night to my uncle and aunt. "I'll have you over for a sleepover soon sweetheart, goodnight " She promised as I hugged her then hugged my uncle, he was much more gentle this time.

"Hey bud, ready for bed, —how did you even get all your stuffed animals up here?" He asked in surprise and I scoffed. "Amille magic huh." He teased and I nodded. "I know you probably have a lot of questions, why didn't I tell you about your family sooner, why didn't you grow up here, —I wish it was that simple, maybe it is but I don't have the courage for the whole story, though I'll summarize it, the alpha of the pack is an old lover, when we were eighteen and he got his mate, I was devastated, I didn't want to be here, reminded of what I had that wasn't mine, so I left, found myself in the Alscender pack, healed and had you, after all these years Bonnie made me realize I needed to come back home, accept what happened and try move on with my life, I don't know if my decision was the right one or not but it's been made, I hope you forgive me for not telling you and just hauling us over here." He explained and all I wanted was to hug my strong dad.

He was brave for trying to move on, not a lot of people tried, they just kept on hating and hurting until it destroyed them. "I forgive you dad, and maybe moving here wasn't so bad, I have the varsity of my dreams closer now and you have your dream job, we both have family closer now, we may not know what tomorrow is like, but today, we're happy and safe, love you dad." I responded as he sniffled and held me in his arms. "Love you too kiddo, you're so understanding." He chuckled letting me go from his embrace. "Now off to bed, you and I can't both be late for our first day." He soothed placing a kiss on my forehead. "Night dad."

Howling Love.

Vote + Comment + Share + Follow

Saint Jay.