18.

Amille Laurent.

"Feel better?" Camryn questioned and I nod, it had been a few hours since he barged into the infirmary wing we were in, made me feel so connected to him in a way that I couldn't and still can't full grasp yet. His proclamation, his words, despite my worry over my dad, they rang in my head, loud, clear and true. I was his mate, he was mine and I would always be his, I had been worried for a long time about what it meant if we weren't mates but now it didn't matter, what mattered was being in his arms and having him smile like he was right now. "Thankfully Orlando and Tej got the comfortable clothes and slides." He added and I nodded with a smile, he was so beautiful, I don't know why Camryn's large physique made me smile, he dwarfed me yet it's why he was more adorable to me, weird I know.

"I am grateful you're here, for me, I know everyone else is here for me too and I am also grateful but I don't think I would've been held together if you weren't." I told him in sign language and his hands enveloped mine, he held them and me close in the not so tiny bathroom we stood in. "I wouldn't be anywhere else, I need you to know that I will honour my words, I'll always be here for you, and I want your dad to know that he just doesn't have one son to dote over anymore, he's got two now." He asserted, his tone reassuring me so much that I didn't need to say anything, there was a mutual understanding between us.

I was still thankful for him. "Now come on, hopefully they have the dreaded news." He added and I groaned, I had hated the wait to know how my dad was doing but in order for him to be okay, I needed to be patient, we all did, like alpha Summer after he was told the situation, clearly he still loved my father, I could see the anguish and hurt over his features when uncle Kyra told him what happened, it also made me wonder why he still loved my dad so much when he had a mate and children with said mate, or there was something more I or any of us didn't know.

As we got back into the allocated waiting room my aunt was the first to check on me. "Are you alright sweetheart?" She asked and I nodded as Camryn veered us toward our vacant seats. "You need to drink something, I'll go get juice, okay?" He suggested but I involuntarily held on to his large bicep, it was a knee jerk reaction I hadn't expected even from myself. "Duckface, I'll be right back, don't worry." He tried to soothe me, yet a part of me, well all of me didn't want him that far not even for a minute, I feared I would break. "Hey, it's okay, Orlando, come on, let's get something for everyone." Dean suggested and Orlando surprisingly didn't hesitate, it was unusual he didn't grumble or complain, something was going on between those two, something was different, I could tell.

"Some birthday, —huh moose." Camryn began and I chuckled. "Only your birthday would be this dramatic boyscout." I replied and he protested with a growl. "What, it is the truth." I retorted and he nudged me gently whilst Max and the others laughed lightly. "It might've been dramatic but I got you out of it, so I guess you're the drama magnet." He argued making iy my turn to protest by smacking his arm. "Hey, you started it." He added nudging me again, it caused a chain reaction of laughter even with alpha Summer, and this was the reason why I was grateful for Camryn, with him a whole room could light up in laughter.

After another hour of waiting, it was almost five in the morning as the door to the theatre opened and we stood alert to hear what the doctor had to say. "Alpha Summer, beta Kyra, I understand you're his son, Amille Laurent?" He asked and I nodded. "Right, I have good news and bad news, I'll start with the good news, the procedure was successful, we were able to clear out the poison from his system, and thankfully due to your quick thinking none of it had reached his neural nervous system so there is no damage, he will recover, however due to the blood loss, and damage that is now healing on his lungs and his liver, he won't wake up, right now he's in a medically induced coma, and it is to my knowledge he'll stay unconscious until he's fully healed which may take time, so we'll make preparations to keep him here until he's fully healed." The doctor explained and I was confused, whether to be happy or not, dad would survive yet he wouldn't be awake until he's fully healed, and even with wolf healing it would take time.

"Doctor what is your estimate, when will he wake up?" Alpha Summer demanded. "We can't say for sure as I have explained, even with werewolf healing, mister Laurent is lucky to be alive and healing the way he is." He again explained and I moved forward. "Accelerant?" I suggested with my phone and the doctor frowned. "We have tried but it's still not enough,  what's needed now is patience." He asserted and nodded toward us taking his leave but I grabbed his coat. "When can we see him?" I demanded holding myself together more so than ever, my dad would be healed, I would make sure of it. "He's been moved to a room, you can see him now but two at a time." He responded checking his watch then relayed information of the room to us.

It wasn't far from where we had originally been seated, I opened the door cautiously, coming face to face with my whole world, tears welled up in my eyes as I looked at his unconscious body, the many tubes and machines he was hooked up to,  I couldn't hold myself together anymore, not when he was like this, so I cried, cried knowing I almost lost him, he was my dad, the only parent I had and I almost lost him, it hurt but I knew I had to help him recover, I needed to be strong for him. You're gonna be okay dad, I promise.

"It's going to be okay Amille, you heard the doctor, he's going to be okay." Camryn comforted me as I wiped my tears away, nodding toward his statement and he was right, he was going to be okay. "I need your help with something, find anything sharp or a needle, we need a blood sample from him." I told Camryn who seemed perplexed but obliged. "What are you planning?" He questioned as I found a vein by my father's left arm, stuck in the needle and drew blood into a bag, once I had enough, I withdrew, the wound slowly healed, unlike how instant it should have been, which meant his body was going through a lot more healing internally than what the doctor's originally thought.

"I'm going to find out what kind of poison was used on him, make an antidote, and make an accelerant to counter it and heal him faster." I explained shocking Camryn. "You can do that, how?" He demanded in shock as all my training with Carter Defray Lynn was pouring back into me, he was the best healer I knew and I had been his apprentice for the longest time with some of my other friends. "Before we came here I was an apprentice to the Alscender Pack's best healer, Carter Defray-Lynn, he taught me everything about healing, but since we moved, I got so preoccupied, I stopped my practice." I explained with my phone and Camryn nodded right then, the alpha in him grasping the situation quickly.

"Don't you need lab equipment, a lab itself." He suggested but I already had that at home. "I already do, grab our stuff, we need to go, I need to talk to uncle Kyra and your dad." I told him and he nodded without hesitation, when we walked out, I was sure everyone was waiting for me to break down but I didn't. "Uncle, alpha, can I talk to you." I announced with my phone and they followed me aside as my aunt and my cousins went in to see dad. "What is it kiddo?" My uncle questioned softly. "I need to do something drastic, to help dad, but I also need a favour from you guys, can you make sure no one besides the family, or the doctor go inside to check on dad, not even your trusted warriors, not even your mate alpha, I know I'm askin—." I couldn't finish. "Done." Alpha Summer stated and I nodded.

"Do you need help, what are you planing?" Uncle Kyra asserted and I shook my head in refusal typing my response on my phone. "No, I have all the help I need, just make sure dad is safe until I'm back, that's how you can help me." I explained and Camryn came up to us and nodded to me, my uncle didn't hesitate to come forward and hug me. "Whatever you need to do, be careful, be safe, I'll watch over him, I promise." He whispered in our hug before letting go. "Take care of your mate Camryn." He ordered my neanderthal who nodded in return. "I will."

There were no words said as I raced out of the sterile hospital with its blinding and non comforting white walls, I was on a mission to save my father, so that I would see him again. "Wait, did you park your car there?" I asked Camryn whipping around to face him rubbing his neck sheepishly. "Yeah, I might've caused several accidents on the way here."

HOWLING LOVE.

Vote + Share + Comment + Follow

Saint Jay.