20.

I feel a bit sparky about this chapter, or it's the music playing in my headphones, either way, Enjoy!

Dedicated To @Bhangoo

Camryn Summer.

"Here we go again, I kinda wanna be more than friends —." My beautiful, intelligent mate, strong, brave, quirky, sassy, I could keep going but I needed him and I to stop car dancing to the song that we both loved as I was driving us toward Higgin Peak, it was where we would find the next ingredient needed to help his dad heal and get him to wake up so we could celebrate Amille and I's mating, it was disheartening not just for my mate but for me aswell not having him there, Calvin was the best dad I knew, it was true that I hadn't known him for a long time but the time I had known him, he was a ray of sunshine, he was kind, stern like a father, gentle and soothing like a mother, he was a balance, something rare in wolves but like my mate, he was unique, I could understand why my father still loved him.

I don't know how their relationship would affect all our lives, even after this, I knew things wouldn't be the same, in my family that is, I was determined to catch whoever did this to Calvin but a feeling that kept irking me inside told me the person was closer than I thought, which might be true, yet I couldn't focus on that now, I needed to focus on getting my mate through this safely so we could get what we needed and head back home to heal his dad. I was still mindblown to know about a big part of my mate I hadn't gotten to know yet, he fascinated me, kept me on my toes, yet that's how exactly I wanted it. Amille centred me, gave me a perspective beyond myself, I was in love with him, I truly was and I knew from here on out, I would always love him, he was my Goddess given mate but I had loved him before he was that.

So I smiled as the song finally ended and I squeezed his hand gaining his attention. "We need to get to the mountain before nightfall, I've been here before with my dad, it's about thirty minutes hard trek, so if we leave now, we can come back in time to get to the lodge, rest and by day break tomorrow we get the last two ingredients." I explained and he smiled. "Thank you for doing this with me Camryn, I don't know what I would've done without you." He replied in his language and I leaned over to hug him, then place a kiss on his forehead, you could say I was waiting for that epic moment when he finally kissed me, and besides we had more pressing issues to get handled. "For you, anything, now come on." I asserted after breaking apart from our hug.

"I'm glad you took my advice on letting us continue tomorrow rather than continue in the night, the woods are creepy." He stated with a naughty smile and I narrowed my eyes on him. "Your advice huh, I seem to recall you're the one who wanted to travel at night, and the woods are my home." I retorted and he snorted to my statement. "Then you're creepy." He added and I held my hand to my chest, with my jaw dropped. "Rude, moose, and aren't you the one mated to the creepster then, one would say you're the creepy one, wanting to get it on with a woodland predator." I shot back and his jaw dropped. "How dare you!" He didn't physically say it yet I could tell even with signs as he ran forward and leapt onto my back trying to throw a fit which I only saw as cute.

"You know this massage you're giving me would be much more pleasant if you went lower and a tad bit faster." I suggested wiggling my eyebrows, he blushed then turned to hiding in the crook of my neck, it was adorably how I could easily do that to him. "I hate you." He grumbled silently trying to get off my back but I smacked him, as I held him up by his bubbly butt earning more colour on his cheeks. "Hold on chocoswirl." I mumbled and he wound his arms around my neck, holding on a little tighter as I took off in a burst of speed, sprinting fast, over logs and the low hanging shrubs, it didn't take long to get to our destination and little energy from me since I needed a release anyway, nightfall would come soon, I needed my mate safe as I promised to keep him safe.

"So what exactly is mountain ash?" I asked my curly headed mate after putting him down. "You see that misty cloud above, it mixes with the natural rock up there, humidity and mothernature eroding the outer layer, and over time it's further erodes until it mixes with other elements which make up the rock, to create a dusty ash, but because the composition is unlike the soil we are standing on, mountain ash is rich in elements because of it's source, and that's why it's used in many herbal solutions, one of those being a binding agent." He explained in what I knew was a broken down version so I could understand better. "Okay, seems I need to keep to cars and you be a nerdy genius." I teased and he smacked my bicep, then turning away from me noise pointed high to seem as if he's mad at me.

"Come here." I growled lightly, he squirmed but at this point he knew it was useless, I tickled him with my now five o'clock shadow, then went on to rain kisses on the back of his neck which did the trick in making him laugh. "Would you put me down." He signed yet even as he didn't say it, I could place the whine, I tickled him one last time before placing him back next to me, grabbed the containers and walked up the slope to begin my climb of the actual mountain since we were a distance away at the base. "Be careful!" I heard him use his phone to call out and I held up —a thumbs up then proceeded to climb. I was grateful for the rock climbing lessons Kendra had forced on me, now they had come in handy as I made short work of climbing up the mountain until the air was thin and my mate was now almost a speck down on the ground.

I knew I found what I was looking for when I spotted glistening mountain dust by the mountain side, quickly collected a lot of it since Amille could possibly need more to use after this, three large containment valves later I was done, taking in the view, it was breathtaking as the sun was setting, it also made my internal alarm go off, I needed to get down before my mate started to worry, after all we were in the wild area, despite no rogues prowling this far into the wild, it didn't mean other animals didn't, such as the coyote that howled in the far distance, it gave me the motivation to get down even quickly.

It took almost an hour climbing up and down the mountain, I wondered what my mate had done to pass the time, damn that sounded good to say, no wonder why it kept ringing in my head, Amille Laurent, was my mate, as I got closer I couldn't see him by the spot I left him which set in a panic, causing me to rush down even more, and the closer I got to the base, I searched for his scent, he was closer than my mind had raced to think. I finally caught sight of him by a tree, gathering herbs, I couldn't tell what they were but I knew he did. "Hey shortstack, miss your man?!" I called out and he whipped around with the brightest smile ever, despite having occupied himself with what he was doing, I knew he would've been worried about me.

"Hey, you're back, I was so worried." He stated crashing into me, I hugged him back with a chuckle. "I would never leave the brains in this relationship, after all I need you to lead me on, I've got sparkplugs missing." I comforted and joked making him laugh. "Idiot." I heard his phone call out. "Your idiot creeper." I corrected as we both laughed again. "Come on, let's get back, rest a bit, it's been a long day." I suggested as he nodded and we trekked back to the car, the tasks were getting harder, acquiring what we needed was still a priority despite it being hard.

Howling Love.

Neon Trees ~ Animals.

I know, I know, you guys want action, and these are filler chapters —I get it, but honestly I needed you guys to experience their growth all throughout their trip to find the ingredients they need to help Calvin,  but I do promise things are about to dicey.

Saint Jay.