29.

Amille Laurent.

My body felt numb, as if I was being held together in one position, unable to move and unable to feel, great Vincent had further damaged me, so I moaned, rousing from my forced unconscious. "Amill—." It was muffled but I knew that particular learnered voice so I turned my eyes to face her and my heart was broken, she had been crying, luckily that was the only thing they had done to her physically despite the kidnapping and I was grateful for that in a way. "Am—." She tried again as my surroundings and her finally became clear, we were surrounded by thick brick walls, damp —meaning we weren't above ground and both of us had been tied with heavy duty ropes that were bound to the ground by chains.

They had been thorough. Slowly the memory of how I got here came back, I wanted to panic, yell, scream but that's not what I was taught, I was already assessing my situation, calmly before making any move, it's why and how I knew we were underground, moving my hand trying to see one of the several bracelets I wore, —I couldn't but I was sure it was there, I never took them off. "I'm okay Max, are you?" I softly spoke into her mind but doing so caused pain ever so gentle in my head but she nodded in response.

"Good you're awake." Vincent suddenly appeared, with a bag of medical supplies in hand followed by what I knew were definitely rogues, how he got in contact with any of them was anyone's guess at this point. "You know, I must say that you're truly beautiful, I honestly hadn't seen it until my rage, and jealousy was put aside and I truly saw you, absolutely gorgeous and even all my friends agree, —no wonder the alpha chose you over me." He finished and in that moment I was amused, Vincent was truly delirious, Camryn never chose between us, he dumped him way before we ever went on our first date, he and I never competed for him, because clearly there was no need to.

"You're probably asking yourself why I took you, why her and why any of this really, it's simple." He explained as he smiled toward one of his friends who came forward and removed the gag from both Max and I's mouths. "I heard a certain, if I should say incredibly beautiful man, —much like you, they were telling the alpha about how you were special, wolfblood but no wolf and more so critically ordinary like a human, but then I tested the theory by using a drug with wolfsbane as it's base to knock you out, if you weren't wolfblood, you wouldn't be feeling all the effects, the burning, the dizziness, that pain you feel in the back of your head when you activate the link to speak, meaning it was true." He grinned happily clapping as he went on.

I wasn't happy in any way, only a select people knew about my blood heritage and it had been kept from me my whole life until recently when I almost died, I wasn't mad at dad or Carter for not telling me because if they had, I would've landed myself in trouble trying to understand what it was that made me special, and knowing now, it hasn't brought me any good, only a delirious wolf who doesn't seem to get that there was nothing between him and my mate, there is nothing to appraise or garner from my blood, it was just blood.

"So I thought before we get to the fun bits, I draw a few bags just to check, experiment, don't worry, I won't bleed you dry." He explained with a grin that made my insides tight. "You can't do that, leave him alone." Max hissed as she tried to get up and defend me but Vincent growled and slapped her across the cheek, his strength was superior so it threw her back to the damp floor of the dimly lit room we were in, my heart pounded in my chest as I looked over to my best friend, I knew she was hurt as she tried to get up. "I won't let you hurt him." She declared with glowing eyes but her wrists burned pulling her back to the floor. "Pathetic." Vincent sneered as I looked to Max trying to convince her to stay down.

"Why are they so devoted to you huh?" He demanded as in a split second his rogue friend had grabbed Maxine by her throat and slammed her into the wall, and in that moment I couldn't hold it back. "Max!" I screamed, my voice just didn't come from my mind or just my body, I called out to my bestfriend with everything that I had in me and it broke through, shocking everyone in the room. "Let her go." I demanded and in that instant the rogue wolf listened and let Maxine go, she fell to her knees still reeling from the shock of my newfound voice and abilities.

"What, how, you can't —you shouldn't." Vincent muttered in shock as I turned to look at my friend. "Are you okay?" I questioned her and she nodded with a smile, it felt so good, felt so right to finally say it, I had always wanted to say these words, to let her know that I truly appreciated her. "Oh I love you." I whispered and she hurriedly moved toward me and hugged me but our joy was short lived when Vincent grabbed me and held me by my throat. "What's this, I thought you were mute or some shit, how are there actual words coming out of your mouth?" He hissed as my eyes were set on him again and this time I knew how to do it.

"Let me go, Vincent." I spoke, but not without feeling it come from my whole being, it was rooted in my heart and mind, I could feel it and it was akin to undeniable will over others, and Vincent was forced to obey, so he let me go. "Hey, don't just let go because he said so, Vincent, what's wrong with you?!" His rogue partner demanded and growled pulling him away. "I —can't stop myself, he's doing it, and my body won't listen." He grunted out as a howl, strong, fierce and true echoed above ground, even in my heart I knew, my mate, my alpha was coming for us.

The door burst open as several more rogues barged in looking more feral yet afraid. "The house is in flames, Durk's dead, the alpha, he's not someone we wanna mess with, we shouldn't have listened to him, we should've just asked on our own." The wolf explained as in a second my head turned to Max in understanding, I knew she had caught on. "Don't get wise now Garry." Vincent hissed as he was still feeling the effect of my command. "I am the future luna of the Sun Spear Pack, I can help you, save you from my mate's wrath if you let us go." I stated cutting off the oncoming argument. "Wait, —you bloody wretch, you had us kidnap the alpha's mate!" The first rogue to be in the room with us demanded as he grabbed Vincent by the collar and shook him then proceeded to shoving him to the wall.

"Let me go!" Vincent growled back pushing the other wolf back. "Free us." I ordered the third wolf who had spoken in the room, he didn't hesitate to grab the ropes, they burned him but he didn't stop until he tore them off our arms then I finally felt it, the full impact of what I could do but I knew I needed to be careful with my words, the wolf who had freed us was moaning in pain on the ground, he had used his hands instead of a blade to free us therefore he was paying the price of being soaked in wolfsbane.

Grabbing Max's hand, we both faced the room full of rogues, men and women who I could tell apart, some of them by just looking at them I knew all they wanted from this, was a home. "Listen to me well, Vincent used you and will continue using you for his own selfish gain, until you're all dead." My words caused a stir, they were indeed listening and realizing where they went wrong. "If you wish to be part of the pack, to truly live without fear of being hunted and killed, I offer you that with the Sunspear pack, but if not I suggest you run."

HOWLING LOVE

Saint Jay.