06.

Amille Laurent.

I was in a state of confusion, on the first day we met, Camryn had been fun, he teased, we bantered, sort of flirted and now he was none of that, a whole week, well a whole school week had gone by and he'd avoided me and my cousins, well I felt like me mostly since each time we were in the same hallway he'd turn and walkaway. It was really starting to get to me and yet I couldn't get the balls to actually go up to him and confront him, I was a wimp.

"What's got you thinking so hard Amille?" Tej my other cousin, Orlando's little brother who was a junior at our school asked as we were seating at the bleachers watching Orlando, Dean and Camryn train with the team. "I don't know, I'm confused, if I knew how to explain it I'd tell you." I told him and he chuckled looking forward. "Sometimes the best thing we can do is confront the confusion, I don't know what it means, ask our mother." He confessed and I laughed but he was right, I needed to face whatever was going on with him head on. It also has occured to me that I've gravitated towards Camryn more than I shouldn't have, I don't know why, but he seems to be someone I'm drawn to despite my incessant need not to feel that way.

He's constantly on my mind ever since the day we met, I've painted him, which really had my father questioning what sort of relationship we had, I explained what I felt to him and he just smiled and told me it would be okay, talk about unhelpful, now I was stuck debating my own feelings and wondering what was wrong with me, Dean was a great guy, we actually shared some likes, same with my cousins, we often played games, and I often let them win, Maxine the other friend I had at school, she was actually a really nice person and had helped me with adjusting, speaking of which here she was.

"You are a hard man to find Amille." She heaved a sigh next to me. "I did tell you I was coming here though." I retorted and she snickered. "I remembered that later, after I scoured the whole school for you." She confessed and I chuckled. "Hey half pint." She greeted Tej, for some reason the two got along in a weird way  she liked calling him names, and my cousin liked that she called him names. "Im okay, bring me something today?" He asked and she offered a half eaten case of macaroons. "Thanks!" He cheered as he got to eating whilst she scooted closer. "Have you done it?" She asked and I shook my head then typed on my phone.

"Each time I think I've got him, I've gotten a chance he literally turns on his heel and speed walks, my legs are way too short to actually run and catch up with him, so I've left him alone." I told her and she sighed like me. "How about after this practice you go down there, pretend to fall, I hold back Dean and Orlando so he comes over and talks to you, or you just demand he talks to you." She offered and I couldn't help make an awkward face. "Hey, if you want to stay in the bleachers and not confront him and whatever is going on that's cool too." She added and I groaned then turned to my phone. "We go with the second option." I told her getting up and grabbing my stuff.

"I'm going in, a few more minutes and they'll be done, stay here." I told Maxine who nodded confidently whilst Tej got up. "Not you half pint, you're staying with me, he needs to do this one on his own." She held him back and I smiled before turning and making my way to the entrance the team would use once practice was done, my heart was beating really fast, I mean it felt as if it was about to burst out of my chest, I really needed to breathe, but my lungs felt weird, my legs seemed to want to buckle under me by some unknown force but I forged on, I had to get this done with.

I finally made it to the entrance, it felt as if my legs were wading throug mud but I got there, now—to face the largest male on the team who could probably press me into a tiny football but I didn't care. I waited there biting nervously on my lower lip just not enough to bruise or bleed. "Hey Amille, was I fire out there or what?" Orlando cheered as he walked in and I smiled. "You brought the fire." I replied with equal fervour though text to speech degraded it. "Fire, my ass, you were way too rough." Dean grumbled as he followed. "Hey, don't hate the player, hate the game, and honestly don't get mad, get better." He retorted and they both began to argue.

"Hey, you ready to go?" Orlando finally asked but before I replied Camryn showed up at the entrance his form alone was just that intimidating. "Okay, come on, let's grab our stuff." Dean intervened reading the situation and I was grateful as he took Orlando's arm and dragged him off. "But." My cousin protested. "Just come with me." Dean growled as they went away, I glared at Camryn who wanted to turn. "I didn't know neanderthals were afraid of short stacks!" I called out after raising the volume and he scoffed. "My bad, I thought they had more balls." I taunted again and I knew with the growl that escaped his lips I was in trouble.

He marched over to me, his lumbering form making me gulp down then close my eyes because honestly I was terrified, then something that shocked me happened, I felt a tongue on my cheek, it caused me to flutter my lashes. "Breathe duck face." I heard his deep baritone in my ear and I stumbled back. "Hey, whoa, you're alright short stack." He teased again and I narrowed my eyes realizing he'd just licked me. "Wait, did you just lick me?" I had never typed so fast in my life."Yes, yes— I did, you taste just how you look, vanilla. " He replied and I blushed trying to seem mad. "You don't just avoid me then when I confront you, you lick me, that's playing unfair, I was supposed to stay mad, then yell, then you'd apologize for being a major prick!" I asserted loudly and he snickered.

"I play unfairly, and no I wasn't—." He replied but on his second statement he paused when he looked at me. "I'm not an idiot, you've literally been walking away whenever we were in the same hallway." I pointed out and he chuckled nervously. "I thought something was wrong, or something I said, but you're clearly fine." I mentioned just I turned to walk away. "Duck face wait!" He called out and I prayed to the Goddess to give me strength enough not to blush and humiliate myself, what was that with that pet name. "Yes I've been avoiding you but not for the reasons you think, I didn't want to involve you in the mess that is my life." He confessed and I turned around quirking a brow.

"I broke up with my complicated boyfriend the time after I saw you with your uncle, honestly it's been over for a long time but I just hadn't accepted that, or the relationship being done with, my dad and I aren't seeing eye to eye as he found out about my relationship through a messy introduction, he's also been having disagreements if you could call them that with my mom, it's not been exactly smooth sailing for me, with  me having to threaten my ex with a restraining order." He explained and I nodded in understanding but one thing was unclear. "How do I add or subtract to this mess you've painted, I barely know you, you barely know me, that I can confirm, so why choose to keep away from me as if that will help you in some sort of way." I stated and he sighed rubbing his neck.

"Look I don't know, I just thought it was better, you weren't dragged into any of this." He tried to explain and I rolled my eyes. "It seems the first problem you had was thinking, neanderthals barely thought of anything." I told him and he chuckled. "So it's like that huh, my messy situation is kinda funny." He grumbled in amusement. "Not at all boy scout, but what I'm saying is, it was wrong of you to assume what I wanted without actually talking to me, so please next time, talk to me, then decide what I don't want or want." I clarified and he chuckled with a nod. "Got you moose." He inserts and I rolled my eyes again.

"For what it's worth, I'm sorry for avoiding you, and I kind of wanted to avoid licking you too, I guess my wolf has urges." He confessed with that cocky smirk making me smile looking away. "Oh is that a blush I see, you must want to get licked again." He teased. "Eew no, keep your tongue away from me." I quickly typed the reply moving away from him. "You can't say no now." He announced and I laughed running away but I got caught,  I forgot that one rule about wolves, they loved the chase, and I got licked by a guy I barely knew yet it didn't feel awkward at all.

"So since we've reconciled, our differences created by you, would you like to come hang out at my house?" I asked and he nodded right then. "Escape my house for the night, thank the Goddess." He replied and I chuckled. "Come on then, I'll get my stuff and we'll be on our way." He added and I just went along with a nod, funny how things turn out, and honestly I wondered if he noticed that his hand was holding mine as we walked, it felt so large and warm, I liked it.

Howling Love.

I know it may seem that they are moving a little too fast but to me, I like their speed, to know someone you need to spend time with them, allow them into your life, even if it has storms named drama.

Saint Jay.