14.

Camryn Summer.

"Earth to Camryn, buddy we need you here." Kendra called out as I was stuck going through my itinerary for the roadtrip Amille and I were going on, I had already made a reservation at a spa then a woodland lodge, it was the perfect location for our date, then we would stay there for aslong as we wanted until we had to head back home, since we were also getting a week break from school, it was the perfect time to do so, of course I rescheduled our plans to the free week so it wouldn't impede on any other school plans, it was just great, I was way too excited but I didn't care.

"Yeah, sorry what?" I questioned Kendra who just face palmed. "Camryn we need you to pick a location for the bigger gym, we also need an evaluation done on the pack house, the houses being renovated also need extra material, we need you to come up with a budget for that too." My mother asserted seriously and I wondered why she was so worked up. "Uh, Kendra where's my bag?" I asked suddenly, not really surprising him, I had rushed over to my dad's office after leaving Amille and his cousins with his uncle in the city, apparently they had secretive shopping to do. I was jealous I couldn't get to shop with Amille but I had spent most the week with him even today morning we had gone on a run together so I couldn't outrightly protest not having time with him.

But I was still jealous, I couldn't help it, I rummaged through my neatly packed documents bag, Amille had bought if for me, apparently I was messy with documents so it was better I separate school and pack documents, it made a lot of sense since I could find what I wanted easily.  "The new location, outlined on the map, the plan structure and all the requirements from budget to contactors, I've already contacted them  they start work monday, packhouse evaluation, I had Maxine do the research along with Orlando, we catered to everyone's needs and are changing the kitchen equipment plus the basement pool is freezing, needs fixing, it's being done today, as for the materials I talked to beta Kyra and he's handling the procumemt, this is estimated and final budget approved, the contractors resume work today, can I go back to what I was doing now." I stated leaving my mother, Kendra my assistant and also my father who had come in shocked.

"I was prepared to give you  a lecture on responsibility, when did you get all this done?" Mom asserted as I dropped another file on the table. "During the week, Amille helped, he's a really great motivator,—those are the detailed reports of the cases we've had of integrated wolves we've had in the pack, territory expansions and the festival plans." I stated non chalantly earning a snicker from Kendra. "I'm impressed, clearly youre ready, all this time I was worried, thought you would never get to this stage but you've been efficient Camryn, these last documents weren't even on your roster for this week or the next." Dad praised and that feeling Amille had told me about bloomed inside of me, a sense of accomplishment through my father's praise.

I owed it to Amille though, he was the one who helped, along with our friends, he had made me learn not to rely solely on myself but my friends, we all had school but he shared the work easily and in a few days I had all the work I needed done, complete, he was brilliant. "I think you're ready, soon the pack will know too, if they don't already, I'm already anticipating the party, it's going to be great." Kendra exclaimed and I turned to look at him questioningly, why was he so pumped up. "What party?" I demanded and he looked at me in surprise, so did my parents. "Camryn, you couldn't have forgotten right." Mom stated and I still looked at her with questions.

"Camryn, your birthday is in two days, have you forgotten, why do you think I've been putting you through so much pressure lately." Dad asserted and I had to be honest, I felt no pressure, I was content, anything that he used to do that made me mad or frustrated lately it barely made a dent on me, with Amille it glided over me because he was my sounding board, he made sense, but on the part that my birthday was that soon, I had completely forgotten, it had slipped my mind even to the point that my wolf stirred at the mention of our birthday, we had no idea. "You can't be serious, —you forgot." Mom mumbled in somewhat a controlled tone.

"I've been so busy, I guess I got caught up with everything it slipped my mind." I replied. "Or caught up with someone." Kendra whispered and I kicked his shin under the table making him grunt out in pain. "Don't tell me it's that friend of yours you're always with." Mom stated with a rising anger, her tone did nothing to hide it, I knew why though, over the course of the week, the more time I spent with Amille I learnt about him and his dad, also about their history, they were once part of the pack, well his dad was anyway, he had a history with my father which is why he crashed the barbeque and caused the scene, it also led to me learning why my mother didn't like Amille very much, he was the son of the man her husband used to love, and I was close to asking him to be my boyfriend and the school, almost everyone saw us as a couple already, she didn't want to acknowledge Amille in my life, it made her angry, you could just tell.

"We aren't talking about Amille here, this is about Camryn." My father suddenly intervened with a low warning growl and I was grateful his intervention sliced through the building tension. "Yes, yes —I already planned —well half of it is done, I didn't know if you wanted a big party so I planned for both." Kendra mentioned showing me his plans on his tablet whilst my parents had a silent conversation which was making things awkward. "Kendra I like small parties, they are more meaningful you know that, you can have the big party for the pack, it wouldn't be right not to have them celebrate, I'll meet you later at the shop, I have things to do." I surmised and before anyone could protest I was packing my stuff  and out the door before anyone could say anything.

Once outside and in my car I banged my head on the steering, how had I forgotten my own birthday, I was turning eighteen, I was going to find my mate, was Amille my mate, was he the one. It started bombarding me, questions and doubts, would I have him when I turned eighteen, would we be together. It terrified me thinking that we wouldn't be together, the past months had been bliss, he had come into my life and showed me nothing but kindness, the beauty of the world that I had never seen, he didn't break my heart further no, he made me whole again, able to stand on my own two feet, able to stand in front of the pack and lead it with my whole heart, he had done so much for me, was I willing, would I ever be willing to just let him go and love someone else, I don't think so, I could never lose him, not Amille.

I quickly dialed Orlando wanting to know where they were. "Hey man, you done already." He exclaimed and I nodded but then realized he couldn't see me. "Yeah I'm done, where are you guys?" I asked not wanting to seem desperate but I was. "By Ford, Amille wanted to get you hotdogs, he said they were your favourite or something." He replied and I chuckled tears bubbling in my eyes, he knew that too, I had a weird thing about food, I liked it all and didn't have a favourite but then Amille asked the service lady at Ford's cafe to let him make a hotdog in his style, it seemed ordinary until I ate it and till now it's my favourite thing, they actually paid him for the recipe and named the hotdog after him for some reason, it's actually a patron favourite, I wiped my tears away calming down.

"Can you guys wait for me there, I'm really hungry." I finally spoke. "Yeah, sure— Tej stop eating my fries, Amille!" Orlando whined before the call cut making me laugh, anything could happen when I turned eighteen and scent out my mate, but the one truth I knew was that if it wasn't Amille DeAndre Laurent, I was rejecting whoever they were, Goddess forgive me, all I wanted was Amille and no one else, he was the one for me, damn the consequences.

Howling Love.

Now it gets spicey.
V

ote + Follow + Share + Comment

Saint Jay.