Fresh start

Iwaizumi had been in love with his best friend for the majority of his life. Although he'd never show it, he loved being with oikawa and would find any excuse to be around him. The problem was that wherever they went, they were always followed by a group of Oikawa's admirers, so they were never truly alone outside of their houses.

Oikawa would always blow kisses at them or flirt with them or compliment them or do something stupid that would piss Iwaizumi off. He hated how popular Oikawa was as it meant that there was probably no chance of them ending up together. Iwaizumi wasn't even sure if Oikawa liked boys. He would always flirt with his fan girls but there were some moments where it felt like Oikawa liked him.

For instance, there was one time where the pair were hanging out together and Oikawa told Iwaizumi he had something on his face. He used his thumb to wipe it off and held his face in his hand for longer than what would have felt normal. They stared into each other's eyes for a moment until Oikawa pulled back and everything went back to normal.

Or like that other time where they went on a rollercoaster together and when they got off, they realised they were holding hands. But even as they got off, they didn't let go for a while until Oikawa realised and became slightly flustered.

There were also multiple occasions where Oikawa would ask to play with Iwaizumi's hair and would compliment it even though it looked like the back end of a hedgehog. Iwaizumi loved his hair being played with, especially when it was Oikawa. He was so gentle.

But this also drove Iwaizumi insane, as it only made him love Oikawa more. And it pained Iwaizumi to know that Oikawa probably just saw him as a friend.

Iwaizumi waited outside Oikawa's house so they could walk to school together.

Iwa-chan:
Hurry up shittykawa

Oikawa:
Im trying!!
And stop calling me that Iwa-chan :(

Oikawa emerged from his house a few minutes later with his shirt buttons only half done up and one of his laces untied. "Really loserkawa? Cant you get ready by yourself" Iwaizumi remarked as he reached over to do up Oikawa's buttons for him.

Oikawa blushed as he felt Iwaizumi's slender fingers doing up the buttons near his chest. Once he was done, he then bent down to tie up Oikawa's shoe lace. "Do I really have to do everything for you?" Iwaizumi said, smirking as he stood back up.

"Th-thanks" Oikawa said, lost for words, still blushing.
"Wow, no 'iwa-chan' this time? Are you feeling okay?" Oikawa quickly managed to gain back his composure.
"Well, if you like being called iwa-chan that much then I'll have to say it more often." Oikawa said, smugly, glad he could still have the higher ground.
"Come on crappykawa, let's just go." Iwa said in a huff.

They arrived at school just on time, just barely hearing the bell signalling it was time for class. The two lovebirds both had their first class with each other so they walked there together.

Time skip-

At lunch, Oikawa and Iwaizumi would always sit together, sometimes accompanied by Makki and Mattsun. Oikawa and Iwaizumi had just sat down at Makki and Mattsun's table when a girl called out Iwaizumi's name.

"I'll be right back." He said as he went over to the girl. She had long brown hair and sparkling eyes. She was very attractive. In fact, if Oikawa wasn't gay, he would probably fall in love with her. Not that beauty was all that important to him though.

"So, Iwaizumi, do you have a girlfriend yet?" The girl asked innocently. "Uh, no. Why?" Iwaizumi asked, dryly, not having much experience with talking to girls. "Well, I was wondering if I could fill that spot." The girl said, boldly.

Iwaizumi didn't know what to say. The girl was very attractive but he barely knew her. He'd only heard things about her- good things to be exact. In fact, she was like a picture perfect angel when people were describing her. But he just wasn't sure if she really caught his eye. After all, he already had his heart set on someone else.

But then, a thought came to Iwaizumi's head. He had pretty much given up hope on Oikawa at this point so maybe, this could be a good distraction from Oikawa. And this could finally be his chance to have a fresh start, with someone else. He finally had a fan girl of his own, and he wasn't going to turn down this opportunity.

"Uh, yeah. Sure!" Iwaizumi said and smiled at the girl. He still needed to work on his social skills when it came to girls, but he was sure that would improve over time.

He walked back over to the table triumphantly. Oikawa had heard parts of the conversation but wasn't sure if he heard correctly. He asked Iwaizumi what had happened and once he explained, Oikawa's face fell. He felt a stabbing sensation in the pit of his stomach. Still, he managed to muster a smile and patted Iwaizumi on the back, telling him he was proud. But in reality, Oikawa was not okay. And this was the first time Oikawa had ever felt this way.

Hey hey hey everyone! Sorry this chapter is quite short, I'll try to make them longer in the future. I've already planned out the whole story and I'm so excited to continue writing this. I hope you enjoy and have an amazing day!! ❤️❤️