Free

"Hey Iwa" Oikawa whispered. They were sat on the sofa watching a sci fi film Oikawa had picked out. "It's good to have you back." Oikawa said with a smile.

"Oikawa?"
"What is it Iwa?"
"I'm thinking about breaking up with Emiko."
"WHAT!?" Oikawa exclaimed, trying not to sound too happy.
"She just doesn't make me happy anymore and... there's someone else I like." Iwaizumi said, staring at the floor. Oikawa felt a small spark of hope but at the same time, a stab of pain when thinking it probably wasn't him.

"Oh really? Well who is it?" Oikawa asked, not daring to look Iwaizumi in the eyes. "It's no one, I don't think you'd know them." Iwaizumi said, dodging the question but in fact, making things worse for himself.

"Well can I meet her? You'll have to introduce us sometime." Oikawa said, wondering who this mystery woman was when actually, the "mystery woman" was him.
"Oh yeah sure. She uh works though so she's normally quite busy."

"Oh where does she work?" Iwaizumi got even more red with every question asked by Oikawa, wondering if he would make it out of this conversation somehow. "Well she works at some cafe, I can't remember the name."

"We should go there one day and surprise her then. That is if you do decide to break up with Emiko." Oikawa felt hurt but at the same time, the thought of him breaking up with Emiko felt amazing. As long as this "new girl" didn't get between the two of them, Oikawa was happy. Well, kind of. He wanted his best friend but what he wanted even more, was a boyfriend.

They finished the movie and played video games for a while, the conversation from earlier completely over. Oikawa couldn't stop thinking about this girl that Iwaizumi had a crush on. He felt himself not really paying attention to the screen anymore, zoning out every so often.

"Shittykawa what's wrong with you today? I mean, normally you lose but today it's like you're not even trying." Oikawa looked down at the controller in his hands and looked back up at Iwaizumi. His lips looked so soft that he felt himself being pulled in by them. He slowly leaned closer, Iwaizumi doing the same. However, Oikawa caught himself. He couldn't let this be how his friendship ended, Iwaizumi had a crush on a girl and was currently dating one. So why on earth did he also lean in?

"Right, I'm gonna go uh get changed. It's getting late." Oikawa said, flustered. He dashed off to the bathroom and shut the door. He leaned against the door sinking down onto the bathroom mat. He put his head in his hands. What was he thinking!? Iwaizumi was clearly straight and something like a kiss would definitely have made a rift between the two.

Oikawa started running the water and hopped into the shower. He ran his shampoo covered hands through his hair and wondered what it would feel like if it was Iwaizumi's hands. Oikawa gave his own wrist a small slap. He needed to get out of this mindset. Stop fantasising about Iwaizumi because it was never going to happen.

He got out of the shower and almost kicked himself, realising he forgot to bring his clothes with him. He wrapped a towel around his waist and went to go get his pyjamas from his room.

Iwaizumi looked up and immediately regretted doing so, his face rapidly turning red. "Hey sorry I forgot to bring pyjamas in with me." Oikawa chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck. "Uhh I- erm" Iwaizumi couldn't speak. He'd seen his best friend shirtless all the time in practice and as kids. But this was very different. Oikawa had water dripping from his hair and the only thing covering his lower half was a loosely tied towel.

Iwaizumi couldn't help but look at him again. The water glistened on his abs almost making them sparkle. "What? You jealous that I got better abs than you?" Oikawa smirked. Iwaizumi quickly looked away again, realising he'd been staring.