Stalker

Oikawa spent the day ignoring Iwaizumi. Iwaizumi attempted on multiple occasions to talk to him but Oikawa was too upset to care. Of course he was going to talk to Iwaizumi eventually, but he needed some time.

It looked like Emiko had got what she wanted. And Oikawa felt useless. He hated that the girl had won and he'd almost lost hope. That was, until Makki and Mattsun reassured him once again.

They agreed that Iwaizumi was in the wrong and they even said they would talk to him but Oikawa said no. Oikawa didn't want any more drama, all he needed was some space. In fact, he'd made the decision to text Iwaizumi after school telling him just that.

To Oikawa's disgust, Emiko was in his fourth class. He was sure she would come over to him and rub it in his face. But throughout the lesson, he felt very uneasy.

He felt eyes glaring at him from behind. And he had a good idea who they belonged to. He'd felt it all day, the feeling of someone watching him. Even when he was around other people he still felt it.

But it felt a lot worse throughout that lesson. At one point, he worked up the courage to turn around and just as he'd suspected, she was glaring at him with a slight smirk on her face.

Oikawa quickly turned back round, unnerved, and found he couldn't concentrate on the lesson any more than before he'd looked. Thankfully, he didn't get picked on during the lesson, but that didn't stop him from panicking every time the teacher paused.

He left the lesson in a cold sweat, walking at a fast pace, desperate to escape the eyes of the clearly dangerous girl. But his lack of good luck brought him face to face with the one other person he was desperate to avoid.

"Hey, Oikawa" the familiar voice called out. Oikawa turned to walk in the other direction but Iwaizumi grabbed his wrist. "Oikawa, please, just talk to me." Iwaizumi pleaded. Oikawa stayed silent for a moment, looking at the floor.

Tears were threatening to spill from his eyes but he was determined to keep it together. "Iwaizumi, I can't right now."
"Iwaizumi? You haven't called me that in years"
"Look, I just need some space. I don't know if I can face you right now, I'm sorry."
"Oikawa wait!"

Oikawa yanked his arm away and walked off before Iwaizumi could say anything else. Iwaizumi just stood there, crushed. He knew he would just have to be patient with his best friend but the fear that he wouldn't talk to him again was lingering.

As soon as Oikawa was out of range of Iwaizumi, he burst into tears. He sat in one of the benches outside until Makki and Mattsun found him. They always seemed to know when Oikawa was struggling, which seemed to be a lot lately.

"Oh no what's she done this time?"
"It- it wasn't her, it was Iwaizumi." Oikawa managed through sobs. The others didn't say anything, knowing that he wasn't in the mood to talk about it. They sat down with him, each putting an arm around his shoulder.

Oikawa's sobs subsided and he soon managed to calm down, explaining his recent interaction with Iwaizumi and that look he saw on Emiko's face. Makki and Mattsun didn't know what to say. All they could do was comfort and offer their support to Oikawa.

They made sure to keep a close eye on Oikawa for the rest of the day. Obviously they had practice together as well, but it's not like the girl could stalk him there too right?

Oikawa finished his final lesson and made his way off to practice with Makki and Mattsun, who had waited outside Oikawa's class so they could walk together. Although Oikawa knew he was safe, he still felt slightly uneasy, and the feeling of someone watching him didn't go away.

They arrived at the gym to see Kindaichi and Kuinimi already there, setting things up. Shortly after, Iwaizumi arrived, except, he wasn't alone. In his hand was the hand of the girl Oikawa had grown to fear.

Oikawa locked eyes with her for a second, her face smug. He saw her whisper something in Iwaizumi's ear before glaring at Oikawa with a smirk. The two walked over to the other side of the court, Emiko running her hands all over the poor uncomfortable boy.

They got started with practice as soon as everyone else had arrived. Emiko went to sit down on a bench to watch them. Oikawa started practicing his amazing serves except something was off. It was the same sensation he'd had in class when Emiko had been staring at him.

He went to hit the ball but missed, falling to the floor, the ball doing the same. He looked up to see Emiko grinning at him, knowing full well that she was the one who had caused this.

Oikawa got back up and brushed himself off as Makki and Mattsun ran over to him. He persisted that he was fine so they left him alone. Oikawa continued to practice but Emiko never stopped watching him, and Oikawa never stopped feeling uncomfortable.

"What's wrong with you today Oikawa? You got an injury or something?" Kindaichi asked, having noticed Oikawa's odd performance. "No I'm fine, just a bit tired is all. I might call it a day but you guys keep up the good work."

The captain mustered a smile which Kindaichi could tell wasn't genuine. Kindaichi was about to say something but Kuinimi shouted to him to come over. Oikawa walked off leaving Iwaizumi standing by the doors of the gym, watching him leave.

Iwaizumi wanted to kick himself but he wasn't sure what to do. It just didn't seem right that Emiko would be stalking Oikawa but why would Oikawa make that up? That was what lead Iwaizumi to think that Oikawa was jealous because it meant Iwaizumi might spend less time with him. But lying about her stalking him seemed a bit too far, even for Oikawa.

Iwaizumi returned to the gym, Emiko with a sour look on her face, not liking that Iwaizumi was still worried about his best friend. Soon, Iwaizumi was the one who became sloppy and messed up frequently. Eventually he got tired and also decided to call it a day, Emiko running to his side.

"Ugh finally, I thought that practice was going to last forever!" Emiko whined.
"You don't have to come you know, but thanks for being there." Iwaizumi said with a smile, though he didn't really feel like smiling.

"Yeah but you looked really sexy when you were all focused." She teased, playing with Iwaizumi's shirt.
Iwaizumi didn't know what to say, he didn't really feel comfortable with how she had worded that sentence, or how she was twiddling the collar of his shirt around her fingers.

"Uhh, I- thanks?" Iwaizumi said, choosing to accept the weird compliment. He wondered to himself if he would be comfortable with Oikawa calling him that. He guessed he would but only because they were so close, and Oikawa would probably say it as a joke to wind Iwaizumi up. Oh how Iwaizumi missed their banter.

Suddenly, Emiko grabbed his shirt and pulled him into a kiss. Iwaizumi pushed her away, surprised. Sure they had kissed before but Iwaizumi was tired and this one felt very forced. "What was that for?" Emiko asked, annoyed.

"Sorry, you just surprised me." Iwaizumi replied.
"Ok well you kiss me then." She said, starting to close her eyes and lean forward. "Actually Emiko, I'm kinda tired right now, and my house is just around the corner so I was just gonna go home." Iwaizumi said, sheepishly. He wasn't in the mood for kisses.

"Are you kidding me? I spent all that time watching your boring practice and you won't even kiss me? You're so useless!" She screamed and stormed off. Iwaizumi was left feeling confused. All he said was that he didn't want to kiss her, why was she making such a big deal about it? He thought maybe she just had a bad day and left it at that, returning home by himself.

Meanwhile, Oikawa wasn't doing much better, still freaked out by the constant staring from Emiko. He was conflicted on what to do. Should he tell a teacher? He didn't have any proof and he was sure the teachers would take her side since she's the golden student.

The only people he could really trust were Makki and Mattsun. Oikawa was glad that there were at least two decent people on the planet, three including his sister but they never saw each other that often. Oikawa looked out his window one last time out of paranoia and when finally deciding Emiko wasn't there, he settled down for the night, praying that tomorrow, the world would be on his side.

Hiii! Sorry if updates have been slow, I've had a busy week but things are kind of calming down now so hopefully I'll update again soon. I'm kind of making this up as I go along so sorry if anything seems out of place. I'm really enjoying writing this story, I think poor Oikawa might need some therapy after this tho 😂