How it used to be

Oikawa whipped out his phone to take a picture, but in the second of him looking away to get out his phone, Emiko disappeared. Still shaking, he decided to text Iwaizumi.

Oikawa:
Um iwa, I think I just saw your girlfriend outside my house...

Iwa-chan:
What?? Oikawa she was just with me like 20 minutes ago.

Oikawa:
I'm not lying, she just followed me down the street and I saw her hiding behind a bin!

Iwa-chan:
Ok, let me speak to her. Maybe she has a reason?

Oikawa:
A reason for stalking me? Yeah right

Oikawa put down his phone for a moment, still not quite processing what had just happened. He sat on the couch and took deep breaths in attempts at calming himself down. It worked to some extent but he couldn't help but continue to overthink about all the horrible things that could happen to him.

He closed his eyes for a moment and remembered a special time. A time that always made him smile when he reflected on it. The memory was like fresh water on a summers day. It always soothed Oikawa and he wanted nothing more than to travel back in time and relive it over and over again.

...

"Hey Oikawa!" Iwaizumi greeted his best friend. It was their first day of middle school and although they were nervous, they had each other. "Hey Iwa!" Oikawa replied, waving. "So, do you think you're going to make any new friends?" Iwaizumi asked.

"I'm not sure. I hope so though! Then we can all play together." Oikawa exclaimed.
"Play together? What are you, 5?"
"You know what I mean! It would just be nice to have some more friends to do things with. Not that you're boring or anything." Oikawa smiled, sheepishly.

"Me? Boring? Never! I- I can be fun!" Iwaizumi pouted and folded his arms, his face tinted red. "We'll prove it to me then. I'll come over after school and you can show me just how entertaining you can be." Iwaizumi huffed but agreed and the two continued to walk in a comfortable silence.

"I wonder if they'll have any parties or dances at our new school!" Oikawa said, excitedly.
"Is that all you think about? Parties and big occasions?"
"Obviously! Who doesn't love an occasion to get dressed up and have fun. Oh right, you. Because you're mr boring." Oikawa teased, earning a hit on the back of the head from Iwaizumi.

"You don't have to like parties to not be boring dumbass!"
"Ooh, using naughty language now are we Iwa?"
"Only because you deserve it." Iwaizumi stuck out his tongue at Oikawa.
"Huh big talk for someone acting so childish." Oikawa giggled.
"Says you!"

Throughout the day, Oikawa managed to attract the attention of many of his classmates with his bold and outgoing personality. Iwaizumi had less luck as he was more reserved and didn't speak much to anyone except his best friend.

Regardless, they still acted as normal and ate lunch and walked home together. "So Iwa, did you hear! Some kid in our class is throwing a party and our whole class is invited?" Oikawa looked at Iwaizumi with puppy eyes.

"Absolutely not." Iwaizumi said immediately.
"Oh come on, it'll be fun!" Iwaizumi stopped to consider it for a second. "Fine, but please can we make a deal?"
"Yeah?"
"Can you... stay with me, throughout the party?"
"Uh, of course. But why? Won't you get bored of me after a while?"