Plan

"So Oikawa, do you have a crush on anyone at the moment?" Iwaizumi asked bravely. They were walking back from Mattsun's house since it was getting dark. Rain fell softly from the sky, coating their hair in a shiny wet substance.

"What?? Where is this coming from!?" Oikawa asked, flustered. He'd already had enough excitement for one night. "Well isn't this what best friends are supposed to talk about?" Iwaizumi wasn't sure where this new found bravery was coming from but he wasn't opposed to it.

"Uhh I guess." Oikawa said, scratching the back of his neck. "So... do you?"
Oikawa hadn't expected him to care about something like this, he'd never really asked before. And especially now things were different with the fact that he'd just come out as gay recently.

"Well yeah I do actually." He replied, no where near as confident as Iwaizumi.
"Oh, who's the lucky guy?"

Lucky!?

Iwaizumi wasn't fully aware of what he was saying. All he was focussed on was finding out if he had a chance. "W- I'm not gonna tell you!"
"Why not?"
"It's embarrassing!" Oikawa's face had turned red not for the first time that day. He was waving his hands around frantically, trying desperately to compose himself.

"No it's not, just tell me." Iwaizumi said, getting agitated. "Well if it's not embarrassing then you tell me who your crush is!" Ah. Iwaizumi was stuck. Now he understood. But his situation was different, it was Oikawa that he liked so of course he couldn't tell him. At least, not yet.

Suddenly, he remembered. "I already did! Remember, I told you about that girl."
"Well if you're so confident what's her name?"
"Uhh..." shit.

"Yeah, see! Not that easy is it!" Oikawa laughed at Iwaizumi's flushed face. Iwaizumi wondered if he should just tell him and get it off his chest. Part of Iwaizumi wanted to but his nerves were still holding him back. In fact, Iwaizumi had started to care less whether Oikawa liked him back. His feelings for him had become a heavy burden. Regardless, Iwaizumi had begun to suspect that he had a chance with Oikawa. This just made him want to confess more.

"Well, changing the subject, did you have a good time today?"
"Yeah, I had fun. It was nice to all be together like we used to."
"Yeah, but it would be nice to hang out just you and me again too." Iwaizumi made eye contact with Oikawa, having to restrain himself from saying something he might regret.

"Uh- yeah sure!" Oikawa held out his arm, signalling for Iwaizumi to link it with his own. The two boys soon arrived at their houses, drenched from the rain.

Iwaizumi collapsed onto his bed. He laid there for a moment, contemplating his next moves. He still wasn't entirely sure if Oikawa would ever be interested in him the same way he was with Oikawa. That didn't stop him from having hope however.

He got out his laptop and started making a plan. He began research on romance and watched videos saying "how to tell of your crush likes you." He knew that should probably be the first step of the plan, figuring out if Oikawa liked him.

He drew a diagram, this step - step 1 - being at the bottom. He drew two arrows from this. One leading to "he doesn't like me" to which his plan would be to back off. The other line lead to the words "he does like me" and this is where phase 2 would begin.

He would need to research the best possible way to let him know how he felt. Since it was Oikawa, he already guessed that Oikawa would probably want something big and slightly out of his comfort zone.

From this step, he drew two more lines to the words "he said no" and "he said yes". He drew a smiley face and a heart next to the second option.

He folded up the piece of paper and locked it away in his drawer just in case Oikawa were to come over at some point. He just hoped his confidence wouldn't wear off by the time he got round to actually confessing.

He wasn't expecting his first step to be accurate. The only way you could truly find out if your crush likes you back is by asking them. But there are certain signs that if a person shows, they are more likely to have a crush on you apparently.

He'd written down a list of points he'd found from videos and websites. He wrote a check box next to each point and would tick them off once he found out whether Oikawa would carry out the action or not.

The list read:
He looks at me when I'm "not looking"
He leans towards me
He's vulnerable with me
He smiles at me (more than with others)
He fixes his posture around me
He looks into my eyes
He makes physical contact
He makes time for me
He copies my behaviour
He invests in me

From reading that list, Iwaizumi noticed that Oikawa pretty much does most of these anyway. Still, he wanted to be sure and would compare Oikawa's actions with him with his actions with others. He decided to look into one action at a time so that he didn't get confused.

It was getting late, so Iwaizumi decided to leave it there for the day, not that there was much else he could do anyway. The only part left of step 1 was to study Oikawa's actions in person which he wouldn't be able to do until the next day.

The next day at school, Iwaizumi made sure to keep a close eye on Oikawa and his interactions with other people as well as himself. He also decided to let Makki and Mattsun know about his plan and asked if they could help him. It would be hard for Iwaizumi himself to see if Oikawa was looking at him so he needed someone else's help with that.

Luckily, he and Oikawa shared quite a few classes with Makki and Mattsun. In the past, Iwaizumi has caught Oikawa staring at him a few times, but he assumed this was normal. But he'd never considered that how many times Oikawa had looked at him without him catching it.

Class soon started which Iwaizumi figured would be the time he'd be most likely to catch Oikawa looking at him. Part of Iwaizumi was scared he wouldn't catch him staring at all which he knew was silly because there were plenty of other actions on the list and it wasn't meant to be taken too seriously.

Makki and Mattsun sat on the row behind them to get a good view. The teacher started talking and put up a PowerPoint on the screen for the students to follow.

Within the first 5 minutes Iwaizumi decided to glance over at Oikawa to see if he was looking. He knew Makki and Mattsun were there but he had to see for himself. He couldn't concentrate on anything the teacher was saying, being completely focussed on the task at hand. He took a peak and Oikawa's eyes met with his own.

Well this is going to be easier than I thought.

Hiii I hope I wasn't gone too long again. This chapter might seem kinda random but I love planning and making lists for things so I thought Iwaizumi could do the same. I actually did research for this chapter too so you'd better appreciate this one /j
Also, idk if any of you have heard of this show but The Owl House ended the other day and it's one of my favourite shows so I'm really sad! Anyways, I hope you enjoyed :)