Peace

Beep beep beep

Oikawa had been in the hospital for 6 hours and hadn't yet woken up. He had been given stitches on the back of his head and a small piece of glass that was stuck there had been removed. He looked like he was dying when he first arrived at the hospital but now he's been cleaned up, he almost looked normal.

His friends had been sent home and the police had been sent over to investigate the situation at Mattsun's house.

While Oikawa was sleeping soundly, Iwaizumi found he couldn't sleep at all. So much had happened in such short time and Iwaizumi was having trouble processing everything that had happened. He couldn't believe how far Emiko had taken things.

He had been so caught up in Oikawa's safety and the fact that Emiko had pretty much tried to kill him that he'd forgotten what Oikawa had confessed to everyone. He suddenly remembered it just as he was about to fall asleep.

He almost felt the urge to scream. While he was furious with Emiko and extremely concerned for his best friend's health, he couldn't help but feel a sense of excitement. 'Could this mean- do I really have a chance? No, I'm probably not his type. I imagine he'd want someone attractive, not some scruffy looking guy who always makes fun of him.'

Iwaizumi let his thoughts sink in. It at least meant he had a small chance but would Oikawa really be interested in someone like him. There had been several moments where it felt like it but Iwaizumi couldn't possibly think what Oikawa would see in him.

He eventually drifted off to sleep in the early hours of the morning, but Oikawa never left his thoughts. He just prayed that he would be okay.

Meanwhile, Oikawa was more than okay, currently dreaming of his happy memories.

...

(In middle school)

It was the day of their classmate's party and Oikawa was ecstatic. He was rushing around picking out clothes, brushing his hair, grabbing accessories. Meanwhile, Iwaizumi was nervous. He'd never been to a party before. For his and Oikawa's birthdays, they'd always just do something together, just the two of them.

"Hey, Iwa? Are you sure you're okay?" Oikawa was concerned for his friend. All he wanted was to see Iwaizumi happy. "We don't have to go if you don't want to."
"Don't be stupid, we are practically ready now and I know how important this is to you."
"Thanks Iwa!"

Oikawa jumped onto his best friend and wrapped his arms around him. "You're the best!"

They weren't the first to arrive at the party. It was being held in some sort of community centre and was already full of kids by the time they arrived. "Hey Oikawa, good to see you! And you too Iwaizumi. Make yourselves at home!" The kid said cheerfully.

"Come on Iwa, there's snacks over here!" Oikawa exclaimed, dragging Iwaizumi over to the snacks. Iwaizumi felt his nerves start to disappear. As long as Oikawa was by his side, he knew he'd be fine.

They spent a good amount of time by the snacks, to which Iwaizumi wasn't complaining, especially since they were further away from everyone else. "Y'know Iwa, you look really handsome tonight!" Iwaizumi was caught off guard. He hadn't expected Oikawa to say that just out of nowhere. "N-no I don't! You do!" Iwaizumi replied, almost yelling at him.