Perfect pair

Saturday- the day of the party

"Hey guys!" Oikawa was dressed in black ripped jeans, a black tank top and a pair of shades. He was ready, and the clothes were the cherry on top to show it. Makki was already at Mattsun's house, not even half of the house was decorated yet.

"Looks like we've got some work to do." Oikawa said, laughing at the streamer that had just fallen gracefully from the top of the stairs. Luckily for Mattsun, Oikawa was an excellent party decorator, so the house was done in no time.

The three boys sat back and admired their hard work. Food was also prepared along with a few drinks that Mattsun took from his parent's cellar. He hoped he wouldn't need them, considering the boys were underage and had never had a sip of alcohol in their lives. But if it convinced more people to come, it was a risk they were willing to take.

The party would start at 7:00, meaning the boys still had plenty of time to relax and freshen up before people would start to arrive. Oikawa went off to the bathroom to fix his hair and apply some subtle makeup, leaving his phone downstairs.

Makki and Mattsun put on a film to watch before the party. 5 minutes into the movie and Oikawa was still upstairs, oblivious to the fact that he'd just received a message from an "unknown" number. The lit up screen of Oikawa's phone, joint with the notification sound caught the attention of Mattsun. He perked over at Oikawa's phone, not meaning to invade his privacy but checking that it wasn't who he thought it was.

Unfortunately, it was. The message read:
"Me and Iwaizumi are coming to your friend's stupid party, but if you try to pull something, be sure that this party will be the last time you even get close to Iwaizumi. I don't know what you've been up to this week. Don't just consider this a warning, it's the truth, one that will come true if you don't behave."

Mattsun tapped Makki on the shoulder, showing him the message. "What do we do? If we show Oikawa, he might back out of the plan!"
"Give the phone to me." Mattsun handed the phone over to Makki who left the message on read and deleted the notification. "We'll show him after the party."
"But what if Emiko does something!?"
"After tonight? I don't think so. She'll never want to show her face in our school ever again when we're done with her."
"You're right. Oh shit, he's coming back. Just act natural." Makki put the phone back where it was just as Oikawa walked into the room. "Hey guys, found a good film yet?"
"Uhh, oh no we haven't yet."
"O-okay, I guess we probably don't have time to watch a whole film anyway."
"Yeah..."

There was an awkward silence for a while until Oikawa spoke up. "Okay, you guys are acting weird. Spill."
The two boys exchanged a look before Mattsun sighed. "Okay, it's just-" he was cut off by Makki kicking him in the leg. "We have something to tell you!" Makki blurted out, still not entirely sure what they were going to tell him. "You see... uhh Mattsun and I... are dating?"

Mattsun gave Makki a look, Makki refusing to look anywhere other than the floor. "WHAT!? Since when!??"
"Uhh since a couple of weeks ago!" Mattsun caught on, still not so sure they should be lying to their friend so extremely, but who was he to complain. His only wish was that Malmö's words were true.

"Oh my god guys! I'm so happy for you!" The boys had smiles on their faces, both secretly wishing their lie would come true. "But oh no, does that mean I'm gonna be the third wheel now?"
"Not with Iwaizumi around. And after tonight, he's all yours." Makki said, trying to change the subject.

"Ahh I'm so nervous! You really think we can pull this off?" Oikawa said. Although he was excited, his nerves were starting to catch up with him. "Of course we can! We're a team, we got this!" Mattsun said, grateful that their previous conversation was over.

The boys went through the plan one last time before 7:00 came. People started to arrive in groups just a little after 7:00. Emiko and Iwaizumi soon showed up and greeted Mattsun and Makki, Oikawa hiding amongst some of his fangirls.

Iwaizumi felt his eyes widen as he caught sight of Oikawa. He always seemed to forget how beautiful he could be. Oikawa locked eyes with Iwaizumi and offered a weak smile to which Iwaizumi returned. After tonight, they would be exchanging much more than small smiles.

Oikawa felt so nervous, he thought he was going to throw up. But he distracted himself with his fangirls, Makki and Mattsun soon coming over to join him. "Hey Oikawa, we're gonna go upstairs for a bit to do- you know- couple stuff." Mattsun whispered. Makki couldn't help but blush.

"Oh, oh. I see. Well have fun you two!" Oikawa gave them a wave as they walked away, ascending the stairs. The two boys went into Mattsun's room, Mattsun slamming the door behind him. "Ok, what the hell Makki!" Mattsun whisper shouted. "What!?" Makki stood with his hands up in the air.

"You told Oikawa we were dating!" Mattsun looked away from Makki. "You can't do that, it's wrong. It could hurt people."
"What? Oikawa didn't seem hurt? And about lying, yeah I feel bad but-"
"No, I mean, you shouldn't play with people's feelings like that." The two boys sat down on Mattsun's bed, a brief silence filling the room.

"What do you mean?"
"What do you think I mean!?" There was another silence. "Well, do you- do you want it to come true?"
The two boys shared a look, silence once again taking over them.

Suddenly, Mattsun started laughing. Makki soon followed, finding their awkwardness very humorous. "I think we both want the same thing but we're too damn awkward to ask."
"Yeah haha."

"So, just to clarify, you like me? Romantically?" Makki said, almost as a question. "Idiot." Mattsun said, smiling and looking away. Makki still looked at him expectantly. "Oh my god. Yes, obviously." Makki looked at him, pleased.

"So like, why aren't we dating already?" Makki asked, a playful smile on his face. "Well it's because someone hasn't had the balls to ask me yet." Mattsun returned Makki's smile.

"Well I do now. Be my boyfriend?"
"Wow, and you said it so casually too. Such a player."
"Shut up."

They continued to tease each other playfully for another 5 minutes until the atmosphere changed. "So, when do we kiss?" Mattsun asked.
"Well my lips are waiting but they're beginning to get impatient. So now would be great! If you want the same?" Mattsun took his time answering, not because he didn't want to, but because he was nervous.

"I do."

That was all Makki needed to close the gap. Their lips collided with one another's, sending waves of excitement through the two boys who had waited for this moment for so long. Makki ran his hands through Mattsun's hair, giving it a light tug every so often, causing Mattsun to giggle into the kiss.

They both pulled away reluctantly, huge smiles plastered on their faces. "Well at least we aren't lying to Oikawa any more."
"Yeah but we should still probably tell him the truth at some point."

"Oh yeah, when you said to Oikawa we were going upstairs to do 'couple things', what did you mean by that exactly?" Makki asked cheekily. "I'm sure you can figure that out by yourself. But the answer is no, not until we're older, sweetheart." They both started laughing again, faces tinted red.

"We should probably get back to the party. But let's do this again later yeah? Just the two of us."
"Sounds good to me." And with that, they both left the room, retreating back to the now hectic party, hand in hand.

Hey everyone!! Once again, I'm sorry for the late update, college has been busy. But my writers block has been cured and now my head is buzzing with ideas and I'm so excited to write more of this! I wanted this chapter to be more based around Makki and Mattsun and their relationship. They finally got together!! Now we're just waiting for Iwaoi but it won't be long 😉. Have a great day everyone, I hope you enjoy! 😘❤️