Afraid of change

TW! Slight homophobia

Oikawa walked to school alone the next day. He walked with his head down and his earphones plugged in. He didn't want to show it, but he was still upset about the events from the previous day. Of course he was happy for his best friend, but he couldn't help but feel a little bit upset.

The previous night, he went home and cried a little bit. Oikawa always felt better after crying and letting out his emotions. He'd always thought that people see crying as such a negative thing but crying was actually what helped him the most.

The reason he was walking alone was because Iwaizumi had promised to walk with his new girlfriend. He said to Oikawa that he promised to walk with her in the mornings but he would still walk home with Oikawa after school as they still had practice together anyway.

Oikawa walked through the gates of Aoba Josai to see that girl clinging on to Iwaizumi. He looked stiff and slightly uncomfortable, but there was a smile plastered on his face. This made Oikawa feel a slight pain in the pit of his stomach at seeing his best friend smiling with someone else, but he brushed it off

Oikawa walked past them and smiled at Iwaizumi but he didn't seem to notice as he was focussing on his girlfriend. Oikawa went to his first lesson, feeling slightly hurt and upset but he soon cheered up as he focussed on his work.

His next lesson was with Iwaizumi and luckily, the girl wasn't in that class, so Oikawa could spend at least some time with Iwaizumi. Oikawa knew he was being a bit dramatic, Iwaizumi was allowed to have other friends besides him and date whoever he pleases. But he still felt a little bit jealous. (Kinnie moment)

He met Iwaizumi in the classroom who was already sat down and was texting someone on his phone. Oikawa didn't need to think twice about who he was probably texting. He sat next to his best friend and put on a smile.

Iwaizumi looked up at him and greeted him before looking back at his phone. The teacher arrived a minute later and settled the class down.

Iwaizumi and Oikawa didn't talk that much during the lesson. Iwaizumi noticed that Oikawa wasn't his chatty self but was stuck on how to address it.

"Oi shittykawa!"
"Hm?" Oikawa replied, not even looking up.
"You're acting weird."
"What do you mean?" Oikawa still wasn't looking at him.
"Well I just called you Shittykawa and you didn't yell at me for being mean. What's wrong?"

"...nothing, sorry I'm just a bit tired today." He replied, still looking at the floor. Suddenly, Iwaizumi grabbed Oikawa's chin and forced Oikawa to look at him. "Look at me when you speak." Iwaizumi said, sternly.

They were looking deep into each other's eyes. Oikawa felt a blush creeping on his face. "N-nothing's wrong." He said it quieter this time and his voice cracked slightly.

"Oh really? Because you seem pretty flustered right now." Iwaizumi teased, smirking. He didn't realise what exactly he had said in that moment. "Well, just because I'm your best friend, doesn't mean I have to tell you everything." Oikawa said, completely red in the face.

They continued with their work for the rest of the lesson and nothing else was said about their conversation. That didn't stop Oikawa from thinking about what had happened. He continuously replayed the events in his head, the red colour of his cheeks failing to disappear.  Iwaizumi was still worried about Oikawa and although he still loved him, he had a girlfriend now so he could only see him as a best friend.

So why did he still get butterflies around Oikawa? He thought back to what he had said to Oikawa and suddenly realised that he had flirted with him. Now it was Iwaizumi's turn to blush. He began to lose focus on what the teacher was saying, only thinking about Oikawa and how much he wanted to-