Trust

Oikawa woke up with a warm feeling. And not just an emotional warm happy feeling, he felt physically warm. Extremely comfortable too. He went to sit up but when he looked down, he panicked.

Underneath his head, laid Iwaizumi's chest. Oikawa didn't know what to do. Iwaizumi was still fast asleep with his mouth wide open. He wanted nothing more than to stay like that but he knew that he couldn't. It was too painful.

Iwaizumi was so close yet he felt so far away. They were touching but it was like they were worlds apart. Two pieces from different puzzles that fit together perfectly.

Oikawa knew he had to move before Iwaizumi woke up but he just wanted to lie there forever. Although it was painful, it was still nice. This was the closest they'd been in a while and Oikawa had missed it.

5 more minutes wouldn't hurt right? Oikawa thought to himself as he laid his head back down onto Iwaizumi's chest, blushing as he felt the heat radiate off of Iwaizumi from underneath. He listened to the calm, soft breaths of Iwaizumi and soon found himself nodding off once again.

A few hours later, Iwaizumi was the one to wake up. He almost jumped when he saw Oikawa on top of him. His face turned bright red, giving him no chance of falling back to sleep again. Soon after, Oikawa woke up for the second time and cursed under his breath at the mistake he'd made of "5 more minutes".

"Oikawa, what time is it?" Iwaizumi asked, groggily. Oikawa leaned over the bed to grab his phone. "10:42"
"We should get up." Iwaizumi said, hinting that he still couldn't move.

"Oh! Right, I'm so sorry Iwa." Oikawa said, completely flustered, scrambling to get up. "Haha it's fine, it's not like you're heavy or anything." The two made their way downstairs for some breakfast.

They decided to make breakfast together, neither of them being particularly good at it. Oikawa almost burned the toast but luckily Iwaizumi reminded him just in time. Iwaizumi was better at cooking than Oikawa but not by much, so he cooked the eggs.

They sat down at the table and began to eat the food they cooked in silence. It was a comfortable silence, one that was in stead filled with sounds of chewing and the occasional "mmm" as opposed to talking. Oikawa played back the events in his head of waking up snuggled up to his crush. The man who was taken, but not for long.

Iwaizumi felt anxious every time he thought about the breakup. He tried to play out what he would say in his head but couldn't form the words. He just hoped they would come to him in the moment.

They soon finished breakfast and decided to walk up to the park they used to go to as kids. It was a sunny day but with a cool breeze that hit the boys as they stepped outside. They started walking while listening to music, one of Oikawa's favourite activities.

Oikawa had his playlist on shuffle which made him slightly anxious as it meant that any song could play, and it could be one of the my little pony soundtracks he had on there. Or it could be a love song, which would be worse.

To Oikawa's embarrassment, line without a hook by Ricky Montgomery was the next song to play which normally he would be excited about because he loved Ricky. But because of his relation to the lyrics, he found himself feeling more than uncomfortable.

Iwaizumi sensed that Oikawa was tense and wasn't entirely sure why but was sure he knew what would make him relax. He held out his arm for Oikawa to link with his own, which Oikawa hesitantly did. They'd never really hold hands much as kids because they knew it was kind of seen as a romantic gesture so instead when they walked through busy crowds, they would link arms.

The crowd they were walking through this time though was absent so there wasn't any need to link arms. But the two boys found comfort in the contact and it made the journey less awkward than it needed to be.