Guilt

Emiko walked home from school with Iwaizumi , having convinced him to skip practice. She was going to ask him to stay over but something inside her didn't feel right.

Iwaizumi was glad that she'd finally let him go and wanted nothing more than to sleep, hoping he'd wake up from this nightmare.

Emiko slowly walked up to her bedroom, not wanting to make any sudden movements that might provoke the demons inside her. She sat down on her bed and only then was it that she began to reflect on what she'd done.

She felt a tear roll down her cheek as she played the image of Oikawa's face in her head over and over again. She just wanted to sleep but she knew her mind would never let her rest.

She thought back to why she was doing this in the first place. She really did despise Oikawa. She'd always had this secret competition with him. Oikawa, of course, was oblivious to this competition Emiko had created in her mind.

It was a competition of appearance. Emiko was seen as one of the most beautiful girls in school. Oikawa, was undoubtedly the most beautiful boy in school. Emiko had worked all her life on her appearance to try and catch up to Oikawa but no matter how hard she tried, he was always one step ahead.

She'd go out to buy a new shade of eyeshadow and when she came to school the next day, Oikawa would be wearing a new pair of shoes or something dumb like that and suddenly, the whole school was following him not her. He always had more fans than her, he'd always been better than her. That's why she wanted to have something that he wanted for a change. Just this once, couldn't she be the one to finally get something good.

Except, Emiko wasn't happy. She didn't love Iwaizumi and he clearly didn't love her. But if it meant taking something from Oikawa, then she wasn't going to back down now.

But had she gone too far? Tears were spilling down her cheeks as she reflected on all the horrible things she'd done. Did Oikawa really deserve all this? The misery, the tears, the feeling of hopelessness. She'd felt all those things. And it was all Oikawa's fault.

But the blackmail, the secrets, the lies? Did he really deserve all that too? The fear of everything, losing a best friend, secrets being spilled, being stalked. No, he deserved that too, right?

There was a battle taking place in Emiko's mind. One that was eventually won by the side of evil. She hadn't gone too far, she hadn't gone far enough. All the guilt she'd initially felt had vanished and all that was left was a hole that Emiko was going to fill with the satisfaction of revenge.

...

When Oikawa got home after school that Monday, he fell onto his bed. No tears spilled from his eyes, he'd cried them all by this point. He was tired. He'd just got over an argument with his best friend and won him back and now he'd lost him again.

He knew it wasn't his own fault but he couldn't help but kick himself for letting this happen. What could he have done differently to prevent this from happening? Was there anything he could have done?

There was still something that didn't make sense to Oikawa. Well, all of it didn't make sense, but the fact that Iwaizumi said he was going to break up with Emiko but was seen holding her hand the very next day felt suspicious to Oikawa. Something had happened, something big. And Oikawa was going to find out what.

...

Iwaizumi had a headache. He'd had Emiko's annoying voice in his ear all day. Part of him was worried about her though as she didn't seem herself towards the end of the day. But then again if something happened to her, she probably deserved it.

He trudged over to the fridge to grab a snack. Food was his biggest comfort whenever he was feeling stressed and didn't know what to do.

He took his phone and sat down on the sofa in front of a romance film. Once again, he became lost in the movie. So lost that he almost missed a message Oikawa had sent him.

Oikawa:
Iwa-chan, idk what's going on with you but I'm gonna get to the bottom of it. I understand you probably can't text me back but all I need is to see that you've seen this message so you know that I haven't given up on you. I'm coming after you Iwa, so you'd better be ready ;)

Iwaizumi read the message over and over and felt his eyes fill up with tears. He wasn't sure what to feel. Guilt? Pain? Stress? But happiness? He was feeling all of these things at once and wasn't sure how to handle them.

He made sure he left Oikawa's message on read so he knew Iwaizumi had seen it. He really did feel like the prince in that romance film he watched with Oikawa, Oikawa being the knight in shining armour, here to rescue him.

Iwaizumi started thinking about Emiko again and realised that maybe it really was her outside Oikawa's door. If she was capable of all this then there wasn't a doubt in his mind that it was her. He felt so foolish having brushed away all of Oikawa's pain and troubles all because he had a girlfriend, one he no longer wanted.

Why was Oikawa still being so kind to him? He'd done nothing but mess things up ever since Emiko appeared. He felt he didn't deserve Oikawa or his kindness. And yet, he was so relieved that he had it because Oikawa was the most important thing to him, even if he hadn't done a good job of showing it.

Hiii!! Sorry for the short chapter, I didn't know how to end it so I left it as it was. Tbh I'm not too happy with this chapter but it's all I got 😫. In this chapter, I wanted to show that Emiko isn't just some 2d evil monster. She still has emotions and feelings too and feels guilt for what she's done (Not saying that makes it right tho). And even the good guys (like Iwaizumi) make mistakes. I don't want this story to be too unrealistic and I want to show that the characters have lots of different emotions. But I don't want you to get the wrong idea and think I feel sorry for Emiko cos I don't! 😈 Anyways, enjoy for now!! Hopefully I'll update again soon.