Care

Tw! Homophobic slurs

Oikawa and Iwaizumi started walking to school together again. Everything felt so normal again that the two boys were almost overwhelmed with happiness. Oikawa wondered what happened between Iwaizumi and his girlfriend but didn't ask as he didn't want to invade their privacy.

He knew Iwaizumi would probably talk about it eventually, but for now, he was just happy to have him back. Honestly, he was pleased that he and Emiko had fallen out as, as selfish as it sounded, he could have Iwaizumi all to himself, even for just a little while.

The two boys ate lunch with Makki and Mattsun for the rest of the week, while Emiko watched them, full to the brim with jealousy. Oikawa felt himself laughing a lot more than he had in the previous week. He felt as if life was finally going well. A little too well.

Friday rolled around the corner and tomorrow, he would be hanging out with his best friend again, just the two of them. Oikawa blushed slightly at the thought of those last few words but frowned when he remembered Iwaizumi wasn't single.

Oikawa had almost forgotten about Emiko. She'd left him alone all week but it had made Oikawa suspicious. Surely she wouldn't have just decided to back off. She had something planned and Oikawa wanted to know what.

"Hey Oikawa, I'm just gonna go to the toilet, see you in practice?" Iwaizumi called out as he started walking towards the bathroom. "Oh yeah, I'll meet you there."

Oikawa started walking to practice on his own, smiling to himself. That smile disappeared when he saw who was walking towards him. "Don't get too comfortable f****t." Emiko hissed as she walked past him. Oikawa had honestly expected more from her but he wasn't complaining.

Still, he didn't like that word. It didn't upset him as much as the first time she'd used it but it still made him tremble with anger and hatred. It made him want to punch her.

But Oikawa reminded himself that he wasn't alone, even with his sexuality as too of his friends were also queer, and that made him feel a lot more secure. And Iwaizumi was there for him too. Oikawa didn't think he would be anything other than straight but he was sure his best friend would support him anyways. He didn't plan on telling Iwaizumi any time soon though. It was too painful. Too nerve wracking.

Iwaizumi arrived at the gym a few minutes after Oikawa, being the last person to arrive. The two boys practiced together as they had for the last few days. Iwaizumi focussing perfectly on Oikawa's sets and spiking them to the ground with such force that the floor almost shook. Oikawa's sets were perfect for Iwaizumi. His sets and Iwaizumi's spikes fit together perfectly. Just like them.

They continued to practice, not being afraid to try new things occasionally. Things that didn't always work out but were worth a shot. Oikawa thought about this and then his relationship with Iwaizumi. Telling him how he felt was something that was definitely not worth a shot in Oikawa's mind. There was no way the two boys would ever be the same if he told him and was rejected. Not to mention Emiko was still in the picture. But for now, at least their attacks were perfect together.

Practice was soon over and everyone exited the gym, Oikawa and Iwaizumi walking side by side. The sun was starting to set outside as practice had gone on for a bit longer than it usually did.

Iwaizumi looked down at Oikawa's hand and wondered how it would feel in his own, blushing at the thought. Oikawa looked up at the sky, explosions of orange and pink streaked across it. "The sunset is so beautiful today." Oikawa exclaimed. He'd always loved sunsets. He loved it even more when he got to watch them with his best friend.

Iwaizumi turned his head to look up, gazing at the colourful sky. "Yeah, nice end to the week." Iwaizumi replied, smiling. It was rare for Iwaizumi to smile genuinely around other people. But around Oikawa, it was a common occurrence. Oikawa looked over at his best friend, admiring the smile on his gorgeous face. He found himself smiling too.