Chapter 18

"HEY, where are you? You narcissistic asshole?" Ryu screamed at the top of her lungs as she entered the shop, making everyone go silent.

"Ryu what's happening," Katara asked, with a teapot in her hand.

"Nothing pretty lady, just trying to get an audience with my Royal pain in the ass husband" Ryu replied almost falling as the bartender got her in time before she hit the floor.

"What's happening here?" Uncle asked looking around his shop filled with customers, "So Ryu I think you made your decision"

"Yes, now watch me act on it" Ryu giggled,

"Ryu" His voice came before he did, the Fire lord wearing normal peasant clothes, but still so full of himself.

"There he is, my husband, my king, love of my life, and the biggest narcissistic asshole I have ever come across" she pointed toward Zuko standing on the last stair. She turned back to the pretty bartender, "That man right there is my curse"

"Ryu, who is this man?" Zuko asked looking at a stranger's arms around his wife.

"This is pretty bartender, isn't he pretty my lord, look at those eyes, and wait till you see his smile, it is almost blinding" she giggled.

"Are you drunk?" he asked walking toward his wife, trying to control his anger.

"No my lord, why will I be drunk, it's not like you have given me any reason to be drunk?" she asked.

After realizing Ryu is too drunk to reply to any questions, Zuko looked at the man holding her "Who are you, and what's your business with my wife?

"Sir, I am Hiroto, I am the bartender that was serving your wife, she was too drunk and the streets are not safe so I decided to make sure that she gets home safe"

"I see, Thank you for getting out of your way to get her home safe" Zuko pulled out a pouch filled with gold coins, "Here, have it as your reward"

"There is no need, I didn't do it for a reward"

Zuko grabbed Ryu by the arm pulling her to him, "Zuko, let go you are hurting me" Ryu whined.

"Not another word Ryu, I am getting tired of your little stunts," he said tightening his grip and making Ryu whimper under his grip.

"Let go of her" Hiroto commanded taking a step forward.

"And who are you to tell me what to do with my wife, take this reward and get lost," Zuko said throwing the pouch on him.

He catches the pouch, putting it on the table "I don't want your money, I will ask you one more time to let go of her"

"Or what you will fight me" Zuko laughed sarcastically, "Why are you even doing this in the first place, what do you think you will get, HER?"

"I am not doing It for any personal gain, she seems kind and I just want to make sure she is okay"

"She is okay, she is with her husband as you can see"

"Let her go Zuko, you are hurting her" Sokka said walking down the stairs.

"Stay out of it Sokka"

Ryu after struggling to get rid of his steel grip finally had enough and put her other hand on his burning him.

"RYU" Zuko yelled grabbing his burned hand.

"Yes, everyone stays out of it," Ryu said pushing hair out of her face, "Excuse me, I hope you don't mind but I am going to borrow the table," Ryu said to the two male customers sitting on the table beside her.

She climbed onto the table, "Listen, everyone, Stay out, My husband doesn't like anyone's interruption in his personal affairs, I am his wife and he can do whatever he wants"

"Ryu gets down," Zuko said taking a step forward.

"Or what, will you assault me again?" she screamed, kicking the cup of tea in his direction, which he caught and put on the table next to him.

Taking a deep breath Lord Zuko tried to reason "Ryu we can talk upstairs"

"No I want to talk now, we have been alone for weeks now and you haven't said a word to me"

"What you want me to say, huh?..." before he could continue Zuko was on the floor with Sokka on him, "Sokka get off him" Katara yelled.

"You animal" Sokka screamed punching him again.

"That's enough, Sokka this is in no way to handle the situation," Aang said pulling Sokka off, Katara Bended all the water on jugs to freeze half of the Sokka's body.

"I don't want to handle the situation, did you hear what Ryu said, I want to kill him" Sokka screamed.

Ryu got off the table, getting a little sober now, "Sokka calm down" She said putting a hand on his shoulder.

She turned around looking at him on the floor, "Happy?" he asked.

"Happy?" she asked.

"Yes, you humiliated me, turned my friends against me, are you finally happy, or do you have more?' he asked getting up.

"Yes, I am just getting started my lord, you think I am gonna stop that easily, after just getting assaulted, humiliated numerous times, hurting my loved ones, putting them in danger, but the what top is being demeaned to an object that meant to be for your pleasure by the man I love, yes I have a lot more to do my lord"

"Okay, I confess I did fucked up shit, but what about you, what you have done" He screams, getting closer to her.

"You humiliated me in numerous situations too, you pushed me away so many times I lost count, and all I ever asked for was your love, Every time you don't get what you want you just throw me out, huh" he stopped right in front of her.

"MY LOVE, all you ask for my love, oh please cut me a break, How much love you want from me, HERE I AM KILLING MYSELF, SACRIFICING MY FREEDOM FOR THE LOVE, after all, you did to me, here I still stand in front of you, why do you think is that, and about me pushing you away, please you are the one that pushes me away, every time we get to close you find a way to ruin it"

"OH right and you are just an innocent victim, who does nothing wrong, the poor little wife tormented by her big bad husband" he taunted getting closer to her face, "Then answer me, why is my little wife standing up to me so suddenly?" he taunted.

"I am tired, I AM SO TIRED, I give up" she put her head against his chest, "I can't keep on trying to escape you, at the same time tight to you, doesn't matter how far I run you are still there breathing down my neck, so I give up"

"What do you even mean, give up? Are you leaving me?" he asked grabbing her from the back of her head, making her look at him with tears running down her cheek.

"I tried to do that, but I can't" she let out a sob, and Zuko put her head back into his chest,

"Then what do you want?" he asks.

"I don't know, I..... I just know..." she took a deep breath trying to calm down, "I am tired, I can't stay like.... This"

she looks back up at him "Please I just can't, I am so tired" she let go of herself as Zuko catch her in time before she hit the floor.

"Zuko, please...... I am so tired" 

.........................................................................................................

Sorry for the short chapter, btw does everyone hate Zuko?

like to me he is still misunderstood, like in the series, he is someone who doesn't know what to do with his feelings, especially pain and anger so he let them out in most inappropriate or stupid ways. 

someone just needs to hit him on the head. :')

Or maybe Sokka's punch will be enough.